University of Kalyani Correspondence Courses
- The University of Kalyani is a government-owned university located in Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
- The higher education institution was founded in 1960, to provide higher education to the residents of the rural setting of Kalyani and other remote areas.
- The University of Kalyani’s distance learning program is run by the Directorate of Open and Distance Learning (DODL).
Type of Courses
The courses offered through distance learning at the University of Kalyani include:
- M.A. in English
- M.A. in History
- M.A. in Education
- M.A. in Public Administration
- M.A. in Bengali
- All courses can be completed in two years.
- The eligibility requirement for admission for distance learning at the University of Kalyani is Hons. / Spl. Hons. / General Graduate (10+2+3) with qualifying marks in the relevant subject with a total of at least 300 marks.
- Those who graduated with a pass in a (10+2+2) system with one-year bridge course in the concerned subject also qualify.
- You will also be considered for admission if you are a pass graduate [(10+1+3) / (11+3)] with qualifying marks in the related course with a minimum of 300 marks.
University of Kalyani Accreditation
The University of Kalyani is accredited with A grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The course fees for distance learning at the University of Kalyani are paid in per academic session (part I & II). The total fee for the part I is Rs. 5,250.
- This payment includes brochure fee, enrollment fee, course fee, and exam fee. For part II, the fee charged is Rs. 5,050. This amount covers course fee, certificate fee, and exam fee.
How Can I Apply
- To apply for the distance education program at the University of Kalyani, visit the DODL website at http://dodl.klyuniv.ac.in and download the application forms and other relevant forms. Note that fees are paid online through SBI Collect.
- Once you have paid the fees, fill the application and enrolment forms as required and attach two photocopies of your bank payment confirmation receipt from SBI Collect.
- Other items you will need to attach include three recent stamp-size color passport photographs, birth certificate, and self-attested copy of mark sheets of all past public examinations passed.
- All documents should be submitted to the Directorate of Open and Distance Learning or relevant study centers.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the University of Kalyani recognized by UGC?
Yes, It is been approved by UGC. An accreditation proof is attached above.
- Does the university offer MBA program in distance mode?
No, It does not offer MBA program. However, it does offer different programs in distance mode.
- Can a person obtain the degree from University of Kalyani distance program practice anywhere in India?
Yes, The courses offered by the university are approved and The university is also accredited by UGC. So, the degree after completion of a program is approved.
- What is the eligibility criteria for admission in University of Kalyani distance education?
The eligibility requirement for admission for distance learning at the University of Kalyani is Hons. / Spl. Hons. / General Graduate (10+2+3) with qualifying marks in the relevant subject with a total of at least 300 marks.
- What is the total fee for M.A in Public Relations?
The fee for the part I is 5250 and part II is 5050.
- How can I take admission in University of Kalyani distance program?
The procedure for admission is described above in details. For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
- What is the age limit for the admission in distance education at the University of Kalyani?
There is no such age limit as per UGC norms.
The contact information for the University of Kalyani include:
- Directorate of Open and Distance Learning,
- The University of Kalyani,
- Kalyani-741235, Dist. Nadia,
- West Bengal.
- Telephone: 033-2502 2212
- Fax: 033-25822505
Other Options for Students
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- Symbiosis Distance MBA