University of Kashmir Correspondance Learning
- The University of Kashmir is a government-owned institution of higher learning that was established in 1948.
- The school boasts 12 faculties, 54 academic departments, 62 affiliated colleges, and 18 research and extension centers, among others.
- The University of Kashmir’s Directorate of Distance Education was set up in 1976 to make earning an advanced degree available for everyone. It does this through Open and Distance Learning (ODL).
- It is a State University.
Types of Courses Offered
The University of Kashmir offers the following courses:
Diploma and Advanced Studies:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Entrepreneurship
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- MA Economics
- MA Urdu
- Masters of Commerce
- M.A./M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.A. English
- The PG Diploma program can be completed in one year (two semesters), while the masters’ courses can be completed in 2 years (4 semesters).
- Candidates seeking admission to the PG courses must be graduate in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern with at least 40% marks from the University of Kashmir or any other examination recognized by the University of Kashmir as equivalent thereto.
- For Master Programs, Graduation degree is required with at least 40% marks under 10+2+3 pattern.
The fee for Distance Learning at the University of Kashmir include:
|Course||Total Fee (Rs.)|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management||6,050|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Entrepreneurship||6,050|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration||6,050|
|Masters of Commerce (M Com)||9,350|
University of Kashmir Accreditation Proof
The University of Kashmir is accredited by UGC. Here’s the screenshot:
Individuals who wish to apply to the University of Kashmir can do so by following the steps outlined below:
- Go to the school’s website at www.kashmiruniversity.net or www.kashmiruniversity.ac.in to download the application forms.
- After duly filling the application form, you can submit it alongside the necessary enclosures to the Directorate of Distance Education University of Kashmir, Srinagar
- Applicants can also send the completed forms via registered post. However, they must ensure that it is received by or before the last date for forms submission.
- Application forms should be completed by applicants in their own handwriting and signed by them and sent to the office of the Directorate of Distance Education, University of Kashmir, on or before the last date of submission. Candidates should also submit attested Xerox copies of certificates/degrees/marks sheets along.
- All fee/charges should be remitted through a Demand Draft from J&K Bank. The overdraft should be drawn in favor of Director, Directorate of Distance Education, the University of Kashmir, payable at Srinagar. Candidates should write their names and application form number at the back of the Demand Draft.
- Failure to adhere to the guidelines above may see your application rejected.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: When does the university start registration for BA private students?
The university does not issue registration schedule separately, it registers the students at the time of admission. If a candidate is appearing the first time then he/she would get registration at the time of admission and he/she has to submit registration fee along with admission form and fee.
Q2: Can I apply online for admission to the University of Kashmir?
Yes, you can apply online. Admission form is also available at the official website of the university. You may download the form from there.
- The candidate must write a personal postal address for university record and Roll number slips, result cards and degrees will be sent to the same address
- Online admission forms can be taken from the official website. Private candidates have to submit application form and fee in the bank branches located in their areas nominated by the university.
- The candidate who has passed Intermediate/Higher Secondary examination from some other University/Board should submit the original migration certificate along with photocopies of other certificates.
- The candidate is advised to select the subject of his/her choice for admission very carefully. After getting the admission the fee/dues once paid will neither be refunded nor transferred.
- Incomplete forms shall be rejected and returned directly.
Q4: When does the university issues date sheet for exams?
The University of Kashmir announces its annual examination date sheets a month before the exams commencement, usually in May/June.
Q5: When does the university start final exams for private candidates?
The University of Kashmir starts Annual examination in the month of July every year.
Q6: Does the University of Kashmir accredited by UGC?
Yes, the University of Kashmir is accredited by UGC.
- Postal address: Directorate of Distance Education,
- University of Kashmir, Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India, 190006.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Website: http://www.kashmiruniversity.net/
- Phone: +91 (194) 2272483, +91 (194) 2272485, +91 (194) 2272254.
- Fax: +91 (194) 2272482.
Other Related Posts for Students
- IFIM Business School Distance Learning
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- University of Calicut Distance Learning
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education