University of Petroleum Distance MBA (UPES) – Review, Courses Offered, and More
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is situated in the state of Uttarakhand, India. The university was established in the year 2003. The university offers many graduates, postgraduate and doctorate degrees.
- The main area of focus of this university is in the area of technology, transportation, architecture, public policy, and Legal studies.
- The university is divided into schools based on the courses offered and is having a total of seven schools and a main center on the campus. The university offers many postgraduate and undergraduate courses.
- This is the first university in India that offered educational courses such as postgraduate and graduate in sectors like petroleum and energy.
- The main motive of this university is to promote high standards of professionalism and to provide world-class quality education to students.
- It is a Private University.
Types of Courses Offered
Below is a list of all the distance MBA courses offered by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies.
- Oil and Gas Management
- Power Management
- Aviation Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Duration of the Course
- The duration of MBA courses from the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is 2 years or 24 months. All the courses are divided into semesters. For MBA a student has to give 4-semester exams.
- Candidate willing to study MBA with specialization in Oil and Gas Management, Power Management and Aviation Management from UPES has to pay a total amount of Rs 1,40,000.
- The total fee for MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is Rs 90,000. The fee for all MBA courses from the university is the same and one can pay the fee in four installments.
- The semester fee for Logistics and Supply Chain Management is Rs 22,500 whereas the semester fee for other distance MBA courses is Rs 35000.
Eligibility For the Course
- A student willing to take admission to the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies must have 50% marks in his or her class X, XII, and Graduation.
- The university conducts an entrance examination, which is optional. Students who have already given CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT may or may not sit for the entrance examination.
- The dates of the university examination are available on the university’s official website.
- Candidates willing to take admission in courses such as Port and Shipping Management, Aviation Management, Urban Infrastructure, and Smart Cities, Business Analytics, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Financial and Accounting Management and Marketing Management must have a minimum of 75% marks in MAT or CMAT and 70% marks in CAT or XAT.
- Candidates willing to take admission in courses like Oil and Gas Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Power Management, Energy Trading, and International Business must have a minimum of 80% marks in MAT or MCAT and 75% marks in CAT or XAT.
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Accreditation Proof
- Every year a huge number of students enroll themselves in UPES.
- For taking admission to the university a candidate has to fill up an online form. The form is available on the university’s official website.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Direct link to the form is: https://www.upes.ac.in/upes-programs/mba.php
- Apart from the online form fill up, a student can also enroll their names visiting the enrollment offices situated in Dehradun, Mumbai, Patna, and Kolkata.
- Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Is it worthwhile doing an MBA in UPES Dehradun?
Ans: First, as we know that India is developing every day and there is a need for good institutions in the country that provides amazing quality MBA to students.
UPES is a quality university and aims at developing professionalism in the students. It is having a specific domain for MBA and as we already know domain focused MBAs are one of the best. The university is very famous for its amazing campus drives.
- Q2: How good is the MBA program in Power Management at UPES? How is its placement?
Ans: UPES offers a huge variety of specifications in MBA and Power Management is one such course. 90% of the students pursuing an MBA from the university get placement. Students even get a high salary package like 8.5 lakhs per annum after completing MBA from UPES.
As power management is a rapidly growing industry in the world, there are huge chances of getting placed in a reputed company.
- Q3: What is your review of the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES Dehradun)?
Ans: UPES is having a heavenly beautiful campus and offers a wide range of specialization. Courses are divided into separate domains thus you can expect proper educational facilities in all sectors.
The university’s main focus is on petroleum and power management courses. The university offers amazing campusing facilities to its students.
- Q4: How are the MBA Oil and Gas Management placement in UPES?
Ans: Economic growth and the energy demand of a country is directly linked with each other. The MBA in Oil and Gas Management is designed in such a way that students get the knowledge and skills needed for the job.
Students pursuing MBA in Oil and Gas Management are having huge career opportunities as there are a lot of options available for them.
- Q5: Is the University of Petroleum Distance MBA accreditated by UGC?
Ans: Yes, the university is accredited by UGC. Please see the screenshot attached above as accreditation proof.
- Q6: What approval is available for University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Distance MBA?
Ans: The institution’s distance MBA has been approved by the Distance Education Bureau of India, NAAC, and UGC.
- Q7: Why is the institution’s distance MBA unique?
Ans: The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is the first institution to offer petroleum and energy-related studies in India. Students can specialize in Power, Oil and Gas, Aviation Management, or Logistics.
- Q8: What support will I get if I enroll for a distance MBA at the institution?
Ans: The university has an elaborate support system that ensures that distance students acquire all the skills required. The support systems include e-books, pre-recorded lectures, educative videos, and other online materials that can easily be accessed through portable electronic gadgets.
- Q9: How can I apply for a distance MBA course at the institution?
Ans: Interested candidates can either apply online or offline. All the application details are found in the institution’s prospectus.
- Q10: How are distance MBA students evaluated?
Ans: Students are evaluated using online platforms. All assignments are submitted through specific student portals.
- Q11: What happens if I fail my examinations?
Ans: The university allows students to retake their exams upon payment of a retake fee.
- Q12: Can I defer my studies if I do not have enough school fees to complete the distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to defer their studies. However, they must provide adequate reasons for the deferral failure to which the request will be declined.
- Q13: Is work experience mandatory for candidates interested in distance MBA at the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies?
Ans: No, work experience is not mandatory. However, candidates who present their work experience certificates will have an added advantage.
- Address: Bidholi, Via Prem Nagar,
- Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 248007
- Phone number: 1800 102 8737
- Website: https://www.upes.ac.in/