College of Graduates and Professional Studies Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Abilene Christian University was founded in 1906 as The Childers Classical Institute which later metamorphosed into the Abilene Christian University as a private Christian institution.
- The institution is a non-profit organization run in affiliation with some Christian bodies with a purpose that transcends academics to the lifting of the Christian faith among professionals in every sphere of life.
- The Abilene Christian University’s Online MBA program is a specialized course with unique features. It is offered by the institution’s School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
- This program is unique in the sense that it brings into focus the training of professionals with vast hands-on experience to excel in Christian ethics, service, and leadership on the world stage.
- Thus, business professionals receive all-around intellectual and spiritual training which exposes them to make objective and ethical decisions that easily pass the test of time. They are equally well prepared to lead innovatively and effectively. The course is embedded with highly practical Christian principles and values in its curriculum.
- ACU’s College of Business Administration has the approval of the highest body for the accreditation of business schools – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). It was among the first 5% of online business schools to be so accredited.
List of Courses Offered
The following courses are on offer for this program:
- Foundations of Analytics
- Operations and Information Technology
- Business Law and
- Digital Marketing and Social Media.
No minor courses are available for this program.
- The program duration is 24 months with 36 credit hours.
- The tuition fee is $700 per credit hour, running up to a total of $25,200 for the entire course. Student loans and grants are available to eligible students. Interested candidates may discover the details and requirements for this loan by visiting FAFSA here.
- Academic background: Candidates for admission must pass three compulsory courses namely, accounting, (ACT 210), Statistics, mathematics (MATH 377) and Economics (Econ 260 or 261). Candidates who do not fulfill these prerequisite courses may have the opportunity of taking additional coursework in the cause of the program to remedy them.
- Work Experience: The program requires that candidates must have a minimum of two years of working experience as a graduate.
- Language: International candidates are further expected to fulfill the English Language requirement as assessed through TOEFL – 580 for paper test and 90 for the Internet-based test. They are to also possess international degree certificates that meet international assessment criteria.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The class consists of business professionals with a calling to positively and spiritually impact the world with excellence in leadership and ethics.
- Although there is presently no clear information available online concerning the salary range of the students of this program, these professionals become highly motivated and effective players in varied fields of endeavor.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- Candidates are expected to submit a letter of intent as well as acknowledge the institutional identity as a Christian University.
- Other requirements include a resume or CV of the candidate.
- In addition to meeting the above requirements, candidates must score a minimum of 3.0 GPA. A GPA of 2.5 – 2.99 may earn candidates a conditional admission pending when applicable courses have been passed with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- A letter of intent of between one and two pages should be addressed to the Program Director stating the candidate’s motivation and readiness to pursue this course.
- The application process involves the payment of a non-refundable fee of $50 or $35 before November.
- Submission of copies of academic transcripts (in English) of previous degrees earned from recognized universities regionally or internationally.
- ACU’s application timeline is in Fall 2018. Deadline for both US applicants and international applicants are rolling.
- The total enrollment of ACU ’s online Master of Business Administration program stands at 123 with 96% current acceptance rate.
- This program is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) — only 5% of business schools hold this accreditation as it is the highest accreditation body for schools of business.
- ACU’s Online Master of Business Administration degree is offered through a partnership between the College of Business Administration and the College of Graduate and Professional Studies at our ACU Dallas campus. ACU’s College of Business Administration is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the highest accreditation body for schools of business.
Reviews and Ranking
- Currently (2018), the Abilene Christian University ranks number 199 (tie) among online business schools regionally.
- The process for this ranking involved a survey of more than 1200 business schools that are accredited on a regional basis. These programs are also offered mostly online. The ranking criteria are in terms of the admission selection process, peer reputation for excellence, student engagement, career, as well as academic support to students.
- A contribution to the ranking is the fact that all ACU students possess the minimum number of years of quality work experience.
- The scores which lent the program its ranking may also be listed. In the area of faculty credentials and training score, the program ranked 61%. This measures the quality of instructors handling remote online programs.
- Further, the program ranked 41% in student services and technology work. This captures the level of support – technical, financial and vocational, that the program offers to its distance learning students.
- The program also earned a peer assessment score of 1.7 out of 5, which keeps it clear of possible penalties for under-performing online business schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: No. Candidates who do not meet the prerequisite course requirements would be offered the opportunity to take the courses.
Q 2: Is there a minimum academic requirement?
Ans: Candidates are expected to score a minimum of 3.0 GPA in their bachelor’s degree.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The program duration is 24 months.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. The program is 100% online.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: No. ACU’s online MBA program focuses on training professionals with hands-on experience. A minimum of 2 years of work experience is required for enrolment.
Q 6: As a distance learning student, am I qualified for a student loan?
Ans: Yes. You may be eligible for financial aid in the form of grants or student loan. You apply through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) here.
- Abilene Christian University
- 1600 Campus Court
- Abilene, Texas 79699
- Pjil Vardiman, Program Director
- Box 29327
- Phone 325 – 674 – 2153
- Email: [email protected]
- Admission Advisor: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Drexel Online MBA
- USC Online MBA
- Villanova University Online MBA
- Boise University Online MBA
- Brenau University Online MBA