American InterContinental University Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- American InterContinental University runs about 80% of its programs online. The online MBA focus is designed to train future business leaders to excel in their respective endeavors.
- The program curriculum is designed to develop special business skills that form the prerequisites for outstanding performance as a business leader in your chosen industry.
- AIU’s online Master of Business Administration offers concentrations in finance, healthcare management, human resource management, management, marketing, operations management, project management, and technology management. These allow the students to advance in their core competencies.
- AIU is credited with the adaptive learning technology known as Intellipath™ which it introduced in 2013. By accessing a student’s present level of understanding by topic, AIU is able to tailor courses beneficial to each student’s needs.
- This enables students to save time and money. This same leading technology has been introduced into its online MBA concentration in management. This perhaps accounts for the relatively short duration of their MBAs.
- The program received accreditation of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) in 2011. The program boasts of professors with professional industry experience such that classes are not merely academic in nature.
List of Courses Offered
Courses available in this program include:
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Technology Management
- The program can be completed fully online in 12 months.
- The program tuition fee is $582 per credit hour for 48 credit hours. This gives a total cost of $27,936 for the entire program. Like other universities in the US, students at the program can access various financial aid for their studies.
- Available financial assistance includes grants, federal and state scholarships, private student loans and veteran benefits. Interested students are advised the complete the FAFSA eligibility screening to know whether they qualify or not.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0 earned from a nationally or regionally accredited university or college is required for applicants to be considered eligible for this program. International students must have earned their degree from a recognized university. AIU conducts further verification of the GPA at the point of acceptance.
- Work Experience: This is not a prerequisite for admission to the program.
- Language: The English Language requirement for international students is a TOEFL score of 550 in the paper test, 79 in the internet-based test and 213 in the computer-based test. The university also considers the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 7. Other tests accepted as fulfilling the English Language requirement are Advanced Placement International English Language (APIEL) with a minimum score of 80, Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) as well as he University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate Certificate of Proficiency in English (UCLES CAE with A, B or C grade.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- 69.8% of the student on the program are females.
- Current records show an enrollment of 485 veterans and active service members.
- Average class size for the program is 13 and a maximum of 30 students.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- A GMAT score test is not a requirement for admission into the program.
- Likewise, GRE composite is not required.
Candidates for this program are required to complete an online application. No fees apply here.
- Submit an academic transcript and a resume along with the application.
- Interviews are sometimes part of the process.
- International students are required to submit their qualifying TOEFL score as well.
- The admission office takes over once the online application has been submitted.
- The program’s Director of Admissions may be reached for more details.
- Application deadline is rolling for both US and international students.
- The program records a student admission rate of 100%.
- This business program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranking for the current year is not available. However, the program ranked 205 – 267 among best online MBAs in the previous survey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What are the application deadline and the next start date for this program?
Ans: Fall application into this program is currently rolling both for local and international students. The next start date is September 19, 2018.
Q 2: Is there a minimum academic requirement?
Ans: Yes. Students are required to present a bachelor’s degree for admission. Minimum GPA is 2.0. This must have been earned from a nationally, regionally or internationally recognized university.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: Students use a duration of 11 to 12 months in completing the program.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. It can be completed totally online.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: Yes. Graduate work experience is not a prerequisite for admission.
Q 6: As a distance learning student am I qualified for the student loan?
Ans: Yes. All students may be eligible for financial aid from the school. These include assistantships, grants, scholarships, and fellowships. For further information, please contact the Director of Financial Aid on (877) 221-5800.
Q 7: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: No. This is not an admission requirement
Q 8: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: No. Recommendation letters are not required for this program.
Q 9: Do you offer any scholarships or other forms of financial assistance to students?
Ans: Yes. AIU assists interested students to process their applications for grants from federal and state government. Students may confirm their eligibility for loans and grants from FAFSA. American InterContinental University counselors on financial aid are also available for consultation.
Q 10: What is the minimum TOEFL score for this program?
Ans: Required TOEFL score is 500 for the paper test and 61 for the internet test. The university recognizes many other standard English Language tests including the IELTS, Advanced Placement International English Language (APIEL), the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) as well as the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate Certificate of Proficiency in English (UCLES CAE).
- American InterContinental University
- 231 N. Martingale Road, 6th Floor
- Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Director of Admissions: Trisha Ganger
- Admissions Phone: (877) 701 3800
- Admissions Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Anderson University, Indiana Online MBA
- Anderson University, South Carolina Online MBA
- Angelo State University Online MBA
- Ashland University Online MBA
- Baker University Online MBA