Norris-Vincent College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Norris-Vincent College of Business runs Angelo State University’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA). Formerly known as the Angelo State University College of Business, the College derived its new name from three alumni of the university’s business school, Lloyd Norris and Bryan and Blake Vincent in recognition of their financial contribution in support of the business school’s programs.
- The online MBA program is approved by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The program focus is knowledge enhancement of the executive in both the private and public sectors around the world.
- The online MBA of Norris-Vincent Business College prepares students to take up executive roles in their careers as managers and administrators.
- Graduates on this program are thus equipped to rise to become top earners in their chosen careers such as human resource management, sales, and marketing management, management consulting, retail management and strategic planning.
List of Courses Offered
The online MBA program offers 10 courses to students, all of which are compulsory. Also, the college does not offer any elective courses for its MBA program. Below is a list of the compulsory courses:
- Marketing Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Legal and Social Environment of Business
- Strategic Management in a Global Environment
- Management Economics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Financial Management
- Management of Information Systems
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Advanced Data Analytics
- This program comprises 30 credit hours and can be completed in 24 months.
- Academic Background: Candidates are expected to have an undergraduate degree minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in a business course. The minimum GMAT score is 430 or it’s equivalent in GRE.
- Work Experience: The admission requirements do not include work experience.
<liid=”cost structure”=””>Language: The English Language requirement is a minimum of 550 scores in TOEFL.
- The program tuition fee is $629 per credit hour and a total of $The Carr Scholarship is available for high-scoring new students by cumulative GPA score.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- Student background is varied. It includes candidates with business-related undergraduate degrees as well as non-business related degrees. The salary potential for an MBA is always promising no matter the mode of study.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
Holders of an undergraduate business degree applying for this program must meet the following requirements to gain a place on the program.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum cumulative GPA of not less than 2.5 in their graduate degree.
- Applicants are also required to have scored a minimum of 430 in GMAT or the equivalent GRE score.
- Candidates are required to submit academic transcripts of degrees earned from previous schools attended.
- Candidates are also required to submit their current resume or CV.
- Candidates who present a non-business degree are required to take a minimum of one of the under listed foundation courses:
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Understanding Corporate Finance
- Principles of Marketing
The Director of the MBA program approves applicable waivers for candidates on a case by case basis. Affected students are however expected to clear these requirements before full admission into the program.
Admission into the program requires the completion of an online application. The following should be submitted with the application.
- Candidates are expected to create an account to gain access to the
- Copies of academic transcripts (translated into English, where applicable).
- Professional resume of the applicant.
- Applications can be submitted for the Spring and Fall semesters on a rolling basis.
- The program’s acceptance rate is remarkable at 95%.
- All business degree programs offered by the College are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked in the Top 200 Best Online MBAs regionally by US News and World Reports 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: Yes. Candidates with undergraduate degree GPA of 3.0 cumulative or better could be considered for a waiver. A waiver could be granted also to candidates who score 2.5 GPA or better with a minimum of 3 years of quality work experience. The third category that could be considered for a GMAT waiver are candidates who scored 3.0 undergraduate overall GPA or better in their last 60 study hours.
Q 2: Is there a minimum academic requirement?
Ans: Yes. The minimum qualification is an undergraduate business degree with not less than a 2.5 GPA.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The program can be completed in two years.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. The program can be studied completely online.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: Yes. Work experience is not a prerequisite for this course.
Q 6: As a distance learning student am I qualified for a student loan?
Ans: Yes. You may qualify for a federal student loan through FAFSA. You may visit their website for more details.
Q 7: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: No. An essay is not a requirement for this program.
Q 8: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: No. Recommendation letters are not part of the requirements for this program.
Q 9: Do you offer any scholarships or other forms of financial assistance to students?
Ans: Yes. All graduate students of the school are open to consideration for the Carr Graduate Scholarship scheme after being accepted for the program. However, this scholarship is based on the student’s cumulative GPA and does not require an application. Students can access between $1,500 and $2,500 through the Car Scholarship scheme. Disbursement s of scholarship based on total credit hours in a semester which must not be below 3 credit hours.
Q 10: What is the minimum TOEFL score for this program?
Ans: TOEFL score for the paper test is 550 while the minimum score for the internet-based test is 79.
- Rassman Building, 262A
- ASU Station #11030, San Angelo, TX 76909
- Dr. Sharynn Tomlin
- M.B.A Director
- Office: RAS 241
- 93250 – 486 – 6635
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Ashland University Online MBA
- Baker University Online MBA
- Baylor University Online MBA
- Belhaven University Online MBA
- Brandman University Online MBA