Hankamer School of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Baylor University online MBA program is designed to equip its students with the essentials of leadership and managerial excellence.
- With its reputed standard MBA framework, the AASCB-accredited program of the faith-based institution is able to refine its enrolled students into practical, effective and diligent leaders with a high value for excellence and moral integrity.
- By enabling engaging interactions with professors and classmates, the online MBA program offers its students with the opportunity to grasp the basis of crucial leadership skills such as professional communication, teamwork, and strategic approaches to complex business situations.
- The intense and comprehensive coursework of the program combines with the flexibility and ease of its online nature to provide its participants with an accelerated MBA degree for optimal performance in their business and management careers.
List of Courses Offered
The Baylor University online MBA program offers one major concentration—General Management.
The core courses for this program are as follows:
- Strategic Brand Management
- Fundamentals of Applied Finance
- Business Statistics
- Ethical Leadership
- Economics for Managers
- Manufacturing and Service Operations
- Managerial Accounting
- Managing for Higher Performance
- Strategic Marketing
- Strategic Management and Business Policy
- Strategic Communication
- Managing Information Technology in the Business Enterprise
Furthermore, for students with non-AACSB-accredited business degrees, the following mandatory additional foundation courses are offered:
- Mathematics for Decision Making
- Business Law
- At 48 credit hours for students with an AACSB Bachelor in Business and 60 credit hours for students without a business degree from an AACSB accredited institution, the entire duration for this program spans between 12-16 months respectively.
- For students with an AACSB accredited Bachelor in Business, the tuition for this program costs $51,264 at $1068 per credit hour.
- On the other hand, students without a Bachelor in Business or with a non-AACSB accredited Bachelor in Business are required to pay $60,624.
- This is due to additional business foundation courses which make the program a total of 60 hours for this category of students, at a rate of $1010.4 per hour.
- Students who wish to access financial aid may choose between a number of available options on the school portal for online financial aid.
- Academic background: Candidates required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the US to be considered eligible for admission into this program. In the case of international candidates, however, proof of foreign equivalent must be provided.
- Work Experience: This is another important factor considered for candidate eligibility for this program. On average, students enrolled in this program have over 10 years of work experience. Furthermore, 98% of the students are already employed when enrolled in the program.
- Language: International students are required to provide a minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based) and 100 (internet-based) to be considered eligible for this program. Other results accepted as proof of English proficiency for this program are IELTS and PTE Academic, although information regarding the minimum score accepted for these tests is unavailable online.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of students enrolled in this program is 35.
- The gender distribution of the student body for this program is 73.6% male and 26.4% female. The rate of female participation recorded in this program is much lower than that of similar online programs.
- On average, students enrolled in this program have 135 months of work experience.
- The rate of minority students enrolled in this program stands at 34%.
- So far, only 1% of the student body of this program are international students.
- The maximum class size for this program is 100. However, the average number of students enrolled per class in this program stands at 50.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT or GRE scores are required for candidates to be considered eligible for enrollment into this program.
- Although the minimum GMAT score requirement for this program is not specified online, the average GMAT score of students enrolled in stands at 570.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates with four or more years of post-graduate, leadership, or project management experience.
- To apply for this program, candidates are required to pay a nonrefundable application fee of $50. By clicking this link, interested candidates will find a detailed presentation of the requirements and steps for applying to this program.
- Applicants will also need to complete and submit an online application form in the above URL for review by the admissions office of the program.
The entry point for admission into this program is as follows:
- Fall (2018) Admission: Rolling.
- The acceptance rate of this program stands at 69%. This rate is derived from the enrollment of 201 students out of a total number of 301 applicants for the program.
- Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business has been a member of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) since 1950 and fully accredited by that body since 1959.
- Fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide have AACSB International accreditation, representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
- The Department of Accounting & Business Law maintains separate rigorous AACSB accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 76 in Best Online Business Schools
- Top ten Gold-level Military Friendly® School Award
- Accredited by the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: Yes. GMAT waiver is available for applicants who have up to 4 years of supervisory, leadership and project management experience.
Q 2: Can I participate in this program if I live abroad?
Ans: Yes. This is a 100% online MBA program and, as such, may be participated in by students who live abroad.
Q 3: How do I know if my work experience qualifies me for the GMAT/GRE waiver?
Ans: Candidates who wish to ascertain whether their work experience qualifies them for the GMAT/GRE waiver may call 855-804-7191 to speak with an enrollment officer for clarity.
Q 4: Are there any veterans benefits available for this program?
Ans: Yes. Veterans with proof of prior service may access financial aid through the Military Scholarships available in this institution. Veterans that qualify for this scholarship will be awarded $500 tuition per course. Further assistance is offered to veterans through the institution’s Veteran Education and Transition Service (VETS) program.
- Hankamer School of Business
- Baylor University
- One Bear Place #98001
- Waco, TX 76798
- Admissions, Ashley Coffer
- Assistant Director, Online MBA
- Email: Ashley_Coffer@baylor.edu
- Phone: (254) 710-7858
- Request Interview
Other Articles You Might Like
- Belhaven University Online MBA
- Brandman University Online MBA
- Bethel University Online MBA
- Brenau University Online MBA
- Bryan College Online MBA