School of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Belhaven University online Master of Business Administration degree program (MBA) offers comprehensive graduate education to equip its students with practical skills, knowledge, and integrity for business and managerial success.
- Accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), Belhaven University’s School of Business provides crucial teachings on essential areas of business and management on an accommodating and flexible online platform for the MBA program.
- This enables students of the online MBA program to determine the pace of their study in order to suit their schedules and optimize their time, effort and potential.
- Students of this online MBA benefit from the teachings of an array of business and management professionals who form the faculty. Mostly leaders of different spheres, the professors of the Belhaven University School of Business are dedicated to effectively delivering the contents of BU’s MBA curriculum through the ease of the online medium.
List of Courses Offered
The available concentrations in this program are as follows:
- Health Administration
- Human Resources
- Public Administration
- Sports Administration
Furthermore, the 36-credit-hour core courses offered in this program are as follows:
- Ethical Problems in Business
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Principles I
- Business Principles II
- Managerial Economics
- The Legal Environment of Business
- Marketing Management
- Financial Analysis
- Principles of Executive
- Quantitative Decision Making
- Strategic Planning
- At a total of 36 hours, the target period for completion of this program is 2 years. However, students with satisfactory transferred credits may complete the program in less time.
- The tuition for this program is $550 per credit hour. This fee applies to both national and international students enrolled in the program.
- However, military discount is offered to active service men and women, veterans and their spouses. At $375 per credit hour, students in active military service are provided with a $175 discount.
- On the hand, veterans and spouses of servicemen/women are required to pay $440. This amounts to a discount of $110 per credit hour.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2.8 CGPA is the requirement for applicants of this program. However, the minimum undergraduate GPA requirement may be waived for candidates who have completed up to 9 hours of graduate work with the minimum of a B in each course.
- Work Experience: This is not a mandatory requirement for admission into the program. However, it is considered in the admission process and the program is well-suited for working professionals.
- Language: TOEFL is the required test for international students from non-English-speaking countries. The minimum TOEFL score for eligibility 500 in the paper-based test and 61 in the internet-based test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of students enrolled in this program is 30 years.
- The average class size for the online MBA program is 12.
- The maximum class size for the program is 16.
- At 73%, the larger percentage of students enrolled in this program are minority students.
- The number of female students enrolled in this program surpasses that of their male counterparts at 77.3%.
- Information pertaining to the average salary of graduates of this program cannot be accessed at this time.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- Candidates must possess a satisfactory report of either GMAT score or GRE composite to be considered eligible for admission into this program.
- However, there is no information available online pertaining to the minimum GMAT score for eligibility for the program.
- Likewise, there is no information available online concerning the Minimum GRE composite for admission into the program.
- Candidates who wish to apply for this program must present transcripts showing their accredited bachelor’s degree. There is also an application prerequisite of a nonrefundable $25 application fee.
- Further details about the application procedure and requirements may be accessed by candidates here.
- To begin your application for the program, you may open an account and begin the registration process on the Belhaven University online MBA application portal.
The entry point into the program is as follows:
- Fall Admission: Rolling (Fall 2018)
- The acceptance rate of this program stands at 50% with 139 students enrolled in the program out of a total of 280 applicants.
- Belhaven University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- BU’s School of Business has received accreditation from the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 205 – No. 267 in Best Online MBA Programs.
- Belhaven University has been named among “America’s 100 Best College Buys.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What if I don’t meet the regular admission requirements?
Ans: Applicants who portray potential for success in the program may be granted conditional admission regardless of their inability to meet the regular admission requirements. Candidates who fall into this category are required to submit an essay as well as 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program’s admissions office.
Q 2: What are the implications of conditional admission for this program?
Ans: Students admitted into the MBA program on a conditional basis, are required to earn a 3.00-grade point average in the first six semester hours of the graduate in order to continue and complete the program.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The Belhaven University online MBA constitutes a total of 36 hours and may be completed in two years.
Q 4: Are there any veteran benefits?
Ans: Yes. The program provides financial aid for veterans and active service military officials by offering a tuition discount for students who fall into those categories.
Q 5: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. The program is 100% online and can be completed without any visitation to the Belhaven University campus.
- Belhaven University
- 4780 I-55 North, Suite 100
- Jackson, MS 39211
- Phone: 601-968-8881
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Brandman University Online MBA
- Bethel University Online MBA
- Brenau University Online MBA
- Bryan College Online MBA
- California Baptist University Online MBA