Yale University needs no unique introduction of its own. Established in 1701, the university is a member of the Ivy League, the third oldest higher education institution in the U.S. and renowned worldwide for producing outstanding graduates of the highest caliber.
Much like the other Ivies, Yale also offers numerous awards of financial aid to talented applicants who demonstrate leadership, potential and financial need. Aside from them, there are many external scholarships associated with Yale that will definitely help you finance your graduate education.
GOFA Minorities in Governance Finance Scholarship:
- The purpose of the scholarship is to identify outstanding minority students and help them fund their education to ultimately pursue a career in state and local government finance.
- The award is worth $9000 annually
- Eligible candidates must be full or part time students in one of the following sectors: public administration, accounting, finance, political science, economics or business administration.
Students should be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada and must identify themselves as either Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific islander, Hispanic or Latino.
Selection is done on the basis of cgpa, work experience, career plans regarding studying in state and local government finance and past academic record. In order to apply an application form along with undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts, letters of recommendation and a statement outlining their career plan must be submitted.
Allison E. Fisher Scholarships:
- Offered to students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree or a career in one of the following fields: journalism-print, photography, or radio and television.
- Includes an award of $2500 annually
- To be eligible the candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate course while applying for the award and also maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
The prestigious scholarship is organized by the Allison E. Fisher Memorial Fund. Selection is carried out on the basis of academic prowess and financial need.
Credible $2500 Scholarship:
- Scholarship is awarded to both undergraduate and graduate students currently pursuing their degree in any field.
- Award is worth $2500.
- Eligible candidates must apply by means of a separate application form.
It is funded by the Credible organization whose aim is to help one student fund part of their tuition. Selection is done by means of a random lottery, after which the lucky student is bestowed with the $2500 grant.
Mary Elizabeth Lockwood Beneventi MBA Scholarship:
- Aimed at students pursuing a masters degree in business administration in any accredited graduate institution in the U.S.
- The grant is worth $2000 annually
- Eligible candidates must be citizens or permanent presidents of the United States, studying full time in any institution of the U.S. and with a minimum cgpa of 3.25
The scholarship is funded by the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution and hopes to help MBA students fund their education. In order to apply the scholarship and financial need form must be submitted along with official transcripts, photocopies of U.S. citizenship, letters of recommendation etc.
Norman E. and Mary-Belle Huston Scholarships:
- The scholarship is targeted at currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students focusing on Automotive technology and Systems engineering.
- Award amount can vary.
- Eligible students must be full time students in an accredited institution, having completed at least one semester with a cgpa of minimum 3.0 A completed application along with two recommendation letters, official transcripts, and list of extracurricular activities must be submitted to apply.
The annual scholarship is funded by the International Society of Automation and it was made to promote education in the instrumentation, systems, or automation sectors.
Oncology Nursing Society Foundation – Master’s Scholarships:
- Registered nurses who are passionate in the field of oncology nursing are the target audience for this scholarship.
- The award amount is $5000 to be paid annually.
- Eligible students should have a valid license to practice nursing
Funded by the Oncology Nursing Society Foundation, the scholarship offers an amazing opportunity to any nurse enrolled or applying to a masters nursing degree at an NLN or CCNE accredited nursing school. In order to apply, candidates must submit a completed application form along with official transcripts and a $5 application fee payable to the ONS foundation.
- Aimed to help incoming freshmen women pursue their career as engineers.
- Funds range from $1000 to $15000
- Individuals must be freshmen women who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. and also enrolled in a full-time baccalaureate ABET/CSAB accredited engineering or computer science degree program with a minimum of 3.5 GPA
The SWE Scholarships are funded by the Society of Women Engineers Organization. They’re designed to encourage more women to take on engineering as a profession by providing financial support to complete the degree. Scholars cannot receive funds from any other scholarship to be eligible.
William Robert Findley Graduate Chemistry Scholarship:
- Aimed at full-time graduate students applying to or admitted at any accredited institution in the U.S. and majoring in Chemistry
- Award valued at $2000 and is non-renewable
- Eligible students most hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency with a minimum GPA of 3.25.
A DAR chapter sponsorship is not required to apply for this scholarship.
Christopher Hoy/ERT Scholarships:
- For students committed to and pursuing a masters in Library Studies in any ALA accredited program.
- The award is worth $5000 and is not renewable.
- To be eligible students should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
The scholarship was named after a dedicated American Library Association staff member who served as the committee’s director for over 20 years. Funds for the award come from the donations of Christopher J. Hoy and the ERT (Exhibits Round Table) in honour of his memory.
These are just a few of the thousands of scholarship programs that are available for students studying in the U.S. Combined with a need-based aid package from Yale, it is very much possible for the entirety of a graduate students education costs to be covered through scholarships.