Bethel University’s online MBA program offers a relevant and unique curriculum to its students. Get informed about five concentrations of the curriculum and more.
College of Professional Studies Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Bethel University online MBA program incorporates life-changing, spiritual and intellectual character building into a unique academic curriculum. Students enrolled in this program receive a holistic training that comes in five concentrations.
- Structured and taught by the Bethel MBA Faculty, the online MBA program curriculum is designed to infuse wisdom, ethics, and passion in the student such that they stand out wherever they become engaged in the future. The program also offers students the option of earning two master’s degrees at a stretch.
- Students can complete seven additional courses immediately after completing their MBA in order to qualify for the Master of Arts in Strategic Leadership (MASL) in a total of three years.
- The program offers students the option of combining online with onsite studies at the school campus with over 50% of the coursework being delivered online.
List of Courses Offered
The core course has 42 credit hours and comes in five concentrations. Additional seven courses can be taken by students interested in earning the second degree of Master of Arts in Strategic Leadership. The following courses are to be taken for the management concentration.
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Managerial Accounting
- Management Finance
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Business Strategy
- MBA Portfolio Deliverable
- Managerial Economics
- Engaging Your Potential
- Leadership Theory and Personal Agency
- Worldview, Ethics, and Leadership
- Leading Change in a Changing World
- Organizational Diagnostics and Health
- Leadership Formation and Strategic Talent Management
- Integrative Team
- Managing Projects and Quality Initiative
The program offers students the following five concentrations:
- Strategy and Execution
- Healthcare Administration
- Global Management and Finance
- The duration of this program is between 18 and 24 months for a concentration. However, students are offered the opportunity to earn a dual degree of an MBA and a Masters of Arts in Strategic Leadership in a total of 3 years.
- The program cost is the same for all concentrations at $723 per credit hour. The total cost of the program is, therefore, $30,366.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA, 80% of which must have been earned in student’s major course is the prerequisite for edibility for this program. Only degrees from a national or regionally accredited university or college are accepted in addition to their international equivalents.
- Work Experience: Applicants must have two years of work experience to be considered eligible for this program.
- Language: The program requires a TOEFL minimum score of 550 paper-based and 80 internet-based test. Also accepted is IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5 or a Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum score of 55 from applicants from EFL and ESL nationalities. However, applicants from this category who earned their first degree at a nationally accredited US university would have the English Language requirement waived.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of students enrolled in the program is 35.
- Minority students form the 58% of the student body.
- 68.5% of the entrants are female.
- Information about potential salary for graduates of the program is currently unavailable.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- There is no information concerning the GMAT requirement for this program.
- Likewise, GRE composite is not specified as a requirement.
Procedures for application into this program include the following:
- Applicants shall be contacted for an interview after duly completing the online application.
- Academic transcripts are to be submitted in the application process.
- Submission of a professional resume is also required.
- Applicants are to submit a statement of purpose of between 800 and 1000 words long.
- Also necessary is the submission of two letters of reference.
Successful applicants may also need to complete additional enrollment requirements before commencing classes. This will be advised by an enrollment officer.
The entry point for admission into the program is as follows:
- Fall Admissions: Rolling (Fall 2018)
- With 299 students accepted out of a total of 372 applicants, the acceptance rate for this program stands at 80%.
- Online MBA programs at Bethel University are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
- Bethel online MBA is a candidate for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- The online MBA program ranked in the TOP 15 online MBA Programs by Best Colleges.
- Ranked among the Top 10 Online MBA in Minnesota.
- The program was ranked No. 4 in the Top 20 Online Executive MBA Programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How many credits does this program consist of?
Ans: The Bethel University online MBA program consists of a total of 42 credits.
Q 2: Is there a minimum academic requirement?
Ans: Yes. The minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA earned in major.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The program can be completed between 18 and 24 months.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. Students may complete the program completely online.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: No. Two years of work experience is a prerequisite for admission.
Q 6: As a distance learning student am I qualified for the student loan?
Ans: All students can access financial aid in the form of scholarship, grant or student loan. This is however subject to eligibility. Veterans and students serving in the military may qualify for additional funds from the military.
Q 7: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: Yes. An application essay is a prerequisite for admission into the program. However, it comes under the title, ‘statement of purpose’ during the application process.
Q 8: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: Yes. Applicants are required to submit two professional reference letters.
Q 9: Does the program offer any scholarships or other forms of financial assistance to students?
Ans: Yes. Students may apply for financial aid from a number of options provided by the institution. Candidates may review the requirements and procedure for accessing financial aid here.
Q 10: What is the minimum TOEFL score for this program?
Ans: Minimum TOEFL score requirement is 550 and 80 for the paper test and internet test respectively.
- Bethel University
- 200 W. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Suite 1032
- Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Kate Gunderson
- (651) 635 – 8000
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Northeastern University Online MBA
- University of Denver Online MBA
- UNC online MBA
- How Much Does an Online MBA Cost?
- GWU Online MBA