Boise State University COBE Online MBA Acceptance Rate, Requirements and More
|Boise State University Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Marketing Strategy, People and organization, etc.|
|Duration||2 to 7 years|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||GMAT or GRE Scores|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||586 on the paper-based and 95 on the internet-based|
|Work ex required||A minimum of two years of significant work experience is required|
|Eligibility||A Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
Boise State University’s online MBA program is designed to help you succeed in today’s competitive global market. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the curriculum emphasizes the key areas necessary to advance modern organizations.
With innovation at its core, the faculty has embraced the digital revolution; allowing you to complete 100% of the courses online. This allows for the much-needed flexibility required by today’s working professionals.
Everything is identical to the on-campus program, including the top-tier curriculum, world-class faculty, and networking opportunities with working professionals.
List of Courses Offered
You will have the first to complete the Business Foundations (BUS-MBA 500) class worth 1 credit hour. The following list of courses make up the rest of the curriculum:
- Design Thinking and Strategic Management (BUS-MBA 501)
- Marketing Strategy (BUS-MBA 505)
- People and Organizations (BUS-MBA 510)
- Corporate Finance (BUS-MBA 515)
- Global Economics: Policy and Trade (BUS-MBA 520)
- Managerial Accounting (BUS-MBA 525)
- Managerial Communication (BUS-MBA 530)
- Information Technology and Business Alignment (BUS-MBA 535)
- Managing Successful Projects (BUS-MBA 540)
- Legal Issues in Business (BUS-MBA 545)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (BUSMBA 550)
- Business Plan Development (BUS-MBA 555)
Each of the above classes is worth 4 credit hours. The whole program is worth 49 credit hours.
You will need to finish 49 credit hours worth of classes to graduate. The program can be completed anywhere between 2 to 7 years. The most frequent duration for graduation is 2 years.
As many as 83% of students graduated within 3 years of enrollment (class of 2016-2017). This gives ample time for any working professionals to pursue a Master’s degree without leaving work.
- The cost of education is the same for both in-state and out-of-state candidates. At $750 per credit hour, the total cost for the entire duration of the program comes out to an average figure of $36,750.
- This is average when compared to other online MBA programs. Financial aid is available in many forms, ranging from fellowships to scholarships.
- International students also qualify for assistance. Around 25% of the alumni graduated indebted. The average debt stood at $39,576. Half of the students were sponsored by their employers.
- Academic background: A Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0+ from any regionally accredited institution.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two years of significant work experience is required.
- Language: International candidates are expected to score 586 on the paper-based and 95 on the internet-based TOEFL language exam.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- There were no international students in the class of 2016-2017.
- The average age of new entrants was 34 years.
- Male students made up the majority at 76.1% while the remaining 23.9% were female.
- The average undergraduate GPA of successful applicants was 3.4.
- The average GMAT score was 590.
- Majority of the alumni of this program found employment within their first year of graduation. The average starting salary was $75,000 annually.
- 23 students were veterans or active service members of the military.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- Both GMAT and GRE are available throughout the year.
- Score reports older than 5 years are not accepted.
- For GMAT, the recommended score is 500 (paper-based). For GRE, the suggested score is 295. However, a low GMAT or GRE score can be offset with a higher than 3.0 GPA, and vice versa.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates that already hold an advanced degree (Master’s and above) from an accredited institution.
- GMAT can also be waived for candidates that have over 3 years of professional work along with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Students, domestic or international, can apply for this program through the online platform at https://degree.boisestate.edu/apply.aspx.
- Click on the above link and register for an account. You will need to enter your name, email, and password.
- Once the registration is complete, follow the instructions on the screen to fill out your application. Be sure to enter everything correctly. Any mistakes might delay the final decision.\
- An application fee of $65 for domestic and $95 for international students is required. You can pay online through a credit card or an electronic check.
- After successful payment, your application is forwarded to the relevant department. Please note that there are no set deadlines for a decision. However, you will be notified if one is made.
Keeping true to its nature of offering flexibility, Boise State University allows you the choice to pick a starting date from one of the following:
- July 30
- September 24
- December 17
- February 18
- April 22
- June 10
During the session of 2016-2017, a total of 143 full-time applications were received. Out of those, 108 applicants were successful and got admitted into the program. This works out to an acceptance rate of 76%, which is just above average relative to other online degrees.
The College of Business and Economics (COBE) at Boise State University is one of the few business schools in the world that have achieved AACSB accreditation for business school and accountancy program.
COBE has maintained accreditation since 1979. Boise State University is among the less than five percent of business schools worldwide to earn AACSB accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 51 in Best Online MBA by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked No. 25 in Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How long will it take to graduate from this program?
Ans: You can earn your degree from anywhere between 2 to 7 years. However, the average student graduated within 3 years of enrollment.
Q 2: Can I make any changes to my application once it is submitted?
Ans: There is no option available for you to change your application once it’s submitted. We highly recommend all candidates fill their applications carefully to avoid any problems later.
Q 3: Is the Boise State University veteran-friendly?
Ans: The program is ranked at number 25 for Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans by U.S. News & World Report.
Q 4: Do candidates with a Master’s degree qualify for a GMAT waiver?
Ans: Candidates with an advanced degree (Master’s or above) in any field from an accredited institution can request a GMAT waiver.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- College of Business and Economics
- Boise State University
- 1910 University Drive
- Boise, ID 83725-1600
- Director of admissions: Brian O’Morro
Other Articles You Might Like
- Brenau University Online MBA
- Bryan College Online MBA
- University of Tennessee Online MBA
- Pennsylvania State University Online MBA
- UCCS Online MBA
Image Credit: Sam Balye