Brenau University Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The online Master’s of Business Administration program offered by Brenau University is designed to accommodate the busy professional to become more productive in their career.
- The program combines a distinctive and flexible schedule to enable its students to excel in their current positions or prepare them for a successful career change.
- The online MBA is among 40 other online programs run by Brenau University, which have been designed to meet the requirements of discerning employers and both current employees and prospective employees alike.
- The program can be completed fully online by the same faculty that handles coursework on campus. This proves that there is no disparity in both the course content and quality between the on-site and online versions of the program. The online class sessions are recorded and archived.
- Students of the Brenau online MBA are offered total flexibility in terms of where they take their classes and when they complete their assignments. Course professors interact with students in online forums just like class setting.
- Besides, the university grants its online students a full-time status to enable them to access federal and state scholarship grants. Most Brenau University online courses have their enrollment capped at 20 students only.
- The program affords students the opportunity to choose from the thirteen MBA concentrations it offers. This selection of specializations attends to virtually every student’s needs for career advance or change.
List of Courses Offered
The program provides its students with the following concentrations.
- Business Analytics
- General Business
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance
- Managerial Accounting
- Project Management
- Public Accounting
The following online MBA concentrations are the most popular at Brenau University.
- General Management
- Health Care Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Production/Operations Management
- Minimum duration for Brenau online MBA is 18 months. The program’s flexibility, however, allows students to study at their own pace with about 60% graduating in 3 years.
- Brenau online MBA program costs $685 per credit hour. Total required credit hours for the program is 45. This means the total cost of the program is $30,825.
- Academic background: Academic requirement is a bachelor degree with a minimum of 3.0 GPA earned from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- Work Experience: This is an important prerequisite for admission into this program. All students are required to have proven professional work experience. This reflects in the acceptance rate for student application, which is 56%.
- Language: The English language requirements for international students from non-English speaking countries is a minimum TOEFL score of 550 in the internet test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The total enrollment for this program so far is 486.
- About 50% of students study this program for career advancement.
- 30% of students study this program for a change in their careers.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is not a prerequisite for admission into the Brenau online MBA.
- To apply for admission, candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility and program requirements prior to the submission of an online application form. This can be accessed through the admission website. Applicants are required to submit their resume and academic transcripts along with their application.
The entry point for this program is as follows:
- Fall Admissions: Rolling (Fall 2018)
- From a total of 194 applicants for the Brenau online MBA program, only 109 applicants were admitted and enrolled, Thus, the acceptance rate for the program is 56%.
- This contrasts with the common reasoning that a university that not does consider GMAT as a prerequisite for admission should record a better rate. It goes to confirm the program’s strict admission policies.
- Brenau MBA program is yet to earn the approval of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This body remains the gold standard in the accreditation of business schools. It has, however, been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 146 (tie) in Best Online MBA Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is Brenau University online MBA accredited?
Ans: Yes. The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredits the online MBA program. It is important to note, however, that the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is yet to accredit the program.
Q 2: Is it possible for me to combine online learning with onsite learning for this program?
Ans: No. Students of Brenau University online MBA are not permitted to combine their classes with the campus format.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: Students are able to complete this program in 18 months. Most students, however, take 3 years to graduate due to the flexibility afforded them.
Q 4: Are there any veteran benefits?
Ans: Yes. Veterans enrolled in this program may enjoy the special educational benefit. These include a tuition discount and other benefits. Concerned students are advised to apply to the Department of VA affairs to confirm their eligibility for financial aid.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: No. Brenau places the premium on work experience. It is a prerequisite for admission to the online MBA program.
Q 6: As a distance learning student am I qualified for the student loan?
Ans: Online students at Brenau University are given full-time status, which allows them to access federal and state financial aid for their studies. This is however subject to eligibility by concerned students.
Q 7: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: No. Though this is a popular requirement for some online MBAs, it is not a preference at Brenau University.
Q 8: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: No. Applicants t this program do not need to forward letters of recommendation.
Q 9: What is the minimum TOEFL score for this program?
Ans: The English Language requirement for this program is 550 for the internet test only. This is for international students.
- Brenau University Main Office of Admissions
- 500 Washington St. SE
- Gainesville, GA 30501
- [email protected]
- Director of Admissions: Nathan Goss
- Admissions Phone: (770) 534-6162
- Admissions Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Bryan College Online MBA
- California Baptist University Online MBA
- CSU Dominguez Hills Online MBA
- CSU San Bernardino Online MBA
- CSU Stanislaus Online MBA