California University of Pennsylvania Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- California University of Pennsylvania’s online Master of Business Administration program is tailored to accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals. The online programs offered by the California University of Pennsylvania have received national recognition for their flexibility and quality.
- Students are able to improve their professional careers by studying at Cal U’s online MBA which has received consistent ranking by the US News and World Report for the past three years.
- Studying at the California University of Pennsylvania for the online MBA presents students with uncommon benefits such as the possibility of earning an MBA faster than most other programs. The ACBSP accreditation candidate program also offers a relatively affordable tuition rate per credit unit at $571.
- Furthermore, graduates of Cal U’s online MBA easily gain the approval of prospective employers because the program is nationally accredited.
- The focuses are on three key concentrations namely, business analytics, healthcare management, and entrepreneurship. The faculty teaches quantitative and technological tools that totally equip the students for participation in the global business stage.
- The online MBA at Cal U is structured after its on-campus program. It works on the student’s goals, which enable them to demonstrate the acquired skills in the business environment.
- The program thus focuses on the student’s individual needs and career aspirations – such as what is required to stand out in today’s business world. Cal U’s MBA program is one of the biggest in the region. It offers a bouquet of courses in key areas of business.
- CAL U’s entrepreneurship concentration is one of its popular programs, which affords students the flexibility of an affordable college education. Online MBA students are exempted from paying fees for on-campus related services. Students who are considered eligible rather benefit from competitive tuition and discounts.
List of Courses Offered
The following concentrations are offered in CALU’s online MBA program:
- Business Analytics
- Healthcare Management
Furthermore, available courses offered in the online MBA include:
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Law
- Investment Management
- International Business Management
- Business Ethics
- Quantitative Methods
- Production Management
- Human Resource Management
- Full-time students are expected to complete this program in 12 months. On the other hand, the target time for completion of the program for part-time students is 24 months.
- The tuition for this program is $516 per credit hour for in-state students and $774 for out-of-state students.
- Academic background: A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 is required for applicants to be considered eligible for entry into this program.
- Work Experience: This not a prerequisite for entry into this program.
- Language: International students must prove their English language proficiency through TOEFL, IELTS, and ITEP. The minimum TOEFL score requirement for admission is 550 (paper-based test), 76 (internet-based test) and 213 (computer-based test). Furthermore, the minimum score for IELTS is 6 while the score requirement for ITEP is 4.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The total number of students enrolled in the program so far is 110
- Minority students form 13% of students enrolled
- 5% of students enrolled in the program have been veterans or active service members
- International students form 1% of students enrolled
- The average age of students enrolled in the program is 35
- The gender distribution of students enrolled in the program is equal to 50% male and 50% female.
- The median salary for graduates of the Healthcare Administration concentration of this program is $94,500.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is not a prerequisite for admission into this program.
- To apply for this course, applicants must provide their official transcripts and pay a nonrefundable application fee of $35.
- Online application for the program can be done by selecting the particular concentration from the options on CAL U’s graduate program application site.
- Fall Admissions: Rolling (Fall 2018)
- According to US News, 112 students were accepted out of 171 applicants. This leaves the acceptance rate of this program at 65%.
- Widely recognized and respected, Cal U’s business administration program is currently seeking ACBSP accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 179 (tie) in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I be admitted into this program if my Bachelor’s CGPA does not meet the 3.0 requirement?
Ans: There is a possibility for conditional admission for candidates whose undergraduate CGPA does not meet the eligibility requirement.
Q 2: Is CAL U’s online MBA accredited?
Ans: No. However, CAL U’s online MBA is presently a candidate for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The duration for completion of this program is 12 months for full-time students and 24 months for part-time students.
Q 4: How many credits are required for completion of this program?
Ans: The requirement for completion of this online MBA is 36 credits.
Q 5: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. This program can be completed 100% online without any on-site presence.
Q 6: Is the tuition for this program the same for in-state and out-of-state students?
Ans: No. Students who are not residents of Pennsylvania are to pay $774 per credit while resident students are required to pay $516 per credit hour. Therefore, the total for out-of-state students is $27,864 while that for in-state students is $18,576.
Q 7: What are the financial aid options available for students of this program?
Ans: The California University of Pennsylvania offers its students with a range of financial aid options such as scholarships and loans. You can get more information on the available options and application process here.
Q 8: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: No. Applicants are not required to submit an application essay.
Q 9: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: Yes. Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation from professional contacts.
Q 10: What is the minimum TOEFL score for this program?
Ans: The required minimum TOEFL score is 550 in the paper-based test and 76 in the internet-based test.
- California University of Pennsylvania
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
- Director of Admissions: Dr. Arshad Chawdhry
- Phone: 724-938-5900
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- ASU online MBA
- Angelo State University Online MBA
- Syracuse University Online MBA
- Arkansas State University Online MBA
- Ball State University Online MBA