Department of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Cameron University’s online MBA works well for both students with professional work experience and new graduates without work experience.
- The program curricula are designed to cover such professional business disciplines as accounting, marketing, finance among others, in a real-world setting. This enables both sets of students to compete favorably on the world business stage.
- This online program is also delivered to working professionals in the traditional campus setting for those whose schedules fit into once-a-week evening classes on a part-time basis.
- In addition, online MBA students are permitted to switch their mode of study to face-to-face campus classes. Such flexibility is one of the hallmarks of CU’s online MBA program.
- The Department of Business which handles CU’s online MBA is composed solely of doctorate degree holders with close to twenty years of academic experience. US News and World Reports rate this faculty at 99% for their capacity and ability to deliver a program that is of the same quality as the campus format.
- The program thus delivers outstanding quality training in many business subject areas at a very competitive rate.
- Cameron University has received consistent recognition seven years in a row from G.I. Jobs as a Military Friendly School.
- This is in recognition of its contributions to military students in terms of committing resources for their training, and for rendering post-graduation assistance to them. This online MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
List of Courses Offered
The following courses are offered in Cameron University’s online MBA program are:
Foundational courses (12 hours)
- Business Administration Concepts
- Accounting and Information Systems Concepts
- Economic Concepts
- Financial and Statistical Concepts
Students with a Bachelor’s in Business degree may receive a complete or partial waiver for these.
Core courses (24 hours)
- Applied Business Statistics
- Accounting for Management
- Contemporary Marketing Problems
- Managerial Finance
- Management Information Systems
- Applied Business Strategy.
Students will further get to select from the following to complete their core requirement:
- Human/Organizational Administration
For the nine (9) hour elective course requirement, students may choose from courses ranging from Portfolio Management to Training & Development.
- At 33 credit hours for students with a foundational courses waiver and 45 credit hours for students without, the duration of this program is two years.
- Tuition for this program is $320 per credit hour for in-state students and $425 for out-of-state students. This means that in-state students spend a total of $10,560 for the 33-hour core and elective requirement while out-of-state students spend $14,025.
- Academic background: Applicants for this program are required to have the minimum academic achievement of Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA of 3.5 or higher
- Work Experience: Although considered, this does not form a prerequisite for admission into this program.
- Language: International applicants are required to provide a minimum TOEFL score of 500 on the paper-based test and 79 on the internet-based test
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The total enrollment for this program so far is 128.
- The maximum class size for the program is 35.
- The average class size is 14.
- 18% of students are a minority.
- 27% of entrants are international students.
- The average age of students enrolled in the program is 32 years.
- 64% of entrants were employed upon enrollment.
- 20 veterans and active service members have been enrolled in the program so far.
- Information regarding potential salary is not available at this time.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT or GRE are required for enrollment of applicants with less than 3.5 CGPA in their undergraduate degrees.
- The GMAT score must be attained within a maximum of 5 years.
- The minimum GMAT score requirement is 500.
- GMAT is waived for candidates with a 3.5 or higher undergraduate GPA.
- Complete online application via the program’s application portal.
- Pay nonrefundable $20 application fee (waived for active service duty military members).
- Submit official transcripts.
- Submit supplementary application items.
- Submit GMAT/GRE results if you do not have an undergraduate degree of 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Fall Admissions: Rolling (Fall 2018)
- Out of 152 applicants for the program, 100 persons received admission. This leaves the acceptance rate for this program at a competitive 66%.
- The Cameron University Department of Business is fully accredited by ACBSP – The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs, which is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting and rewarding teaching excellence.
- This means that the Cameron University Department of Business is thoroughly and professionally evaluated by an independent board of educators.
- Department of Business faculty and staff are committed to exceeding the standards set forth by ACBSP. The accredited programs at the Cameron University Department of Business include the BBA, BACC, and MBA programs.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No.164 (tie) in Best Online MBA Programs
- The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- The program was ranked among the top 10 most affordable online MBA programs in 2015 by US News and World Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: GMAT is automatically waived for applicants with a 3.5 GPA in their undergraduate degree or higher.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: Yes. The minimum GMAT score is 500.
Q 3: How many credits are required for completion of this program?
Ans: The requirement for completion of this online MBA is 33 credits.
Q 4: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The duration of this program is two years.
Q 5: Is the program accredited?
Ans: Yes. Cameron’s online MBA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Q 6: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. Students can complete the program 100% online.
Q 7: What are the options for financial aid available to students of this program?
Ans: Students can find out if they are eligible for federal and state loans and grants by registering with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Q 8: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: No. This is not a requirement for admission.
Q 9: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: No. This is not required as part of the application process.
Q 10: Is TOEFL a requirement for international students?
Ans: Yes, international students are required to prove their English language proficiency through TOEFL. The minimum TOEFL score is 500 on the paper-based test and 79 on the internet-based test.
- Cynthia S. Ross Hall, 116
- 2800 W Gore Blvd
- Lawton, OK 73505
- Director of Admissions: Brenda Dally
- Admissions Phone: (580) 581-2289
- Email: email@example.com
Other Articles You Might Like
- Campbellsville University Online MBA
- Cardinal Stritch University Online MBA
- Cedarville University Online MBA
- Chatham University Online MBA
- City University of Seattle Online MBA