CBU Online and Professional Studies Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The California Baptist University Online MBA is run by the Online and Professional Studies division. It recently ranked among the Top 25 Best MBA Programs in 2018 on the Best Value Schools list. This was a nationwide ranking that placed CBU’s online MBA high in the evaluation areas of flexibility, student success rate, students’ access to available resources.
- The program offers specializations in the two key areas of general management and accounting. These concentrations permit students to meet their goals for career advancement.
- The students also benefit from the credential and training skills of CBU’s highly ranked MBA faculty. These professors have all gained relevant work experience and are academically accomplished.
- CBU’s online MBA program records one hundred percent enrollment of already employed students. The program’s design allows these working students the flexibility to complete their studies at their own pace.
- The program especially encourages students to graduate faster by running three-semester classes in a year. Thus, most students are able to earn their required 36 credit hours and graduate in 12 months on average.
- A unique feature of California Baptist University’s online MBA is their passion for incorporating training in ethics and the spiritual transformation of the students. The online MBA at CBU is duly accredited by the by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
List of Courses Offered
The program has seven core courses of 21 credit hours and 3 electives. The total credit hours required for graduating is 36. The following courses form part of the Management concentration.
- Foundations of Accounting and Finance
- Management of Information Systems
- Managerial Ethics
- Financial Management
- Global Business Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Legal Environment of Business and Management
- Marketing Management
- Economic Issues and Analysis for the Changing Business Environment
- Quantitative Business Modeling
- Strategic Management
- The program duration is 12 months.
- The program costs $662 per credit unit. The program itself has 36 credit units, which gives a total of approximately $24,000.
- Interestingly, International students may qualify for a 20% tuition scholarship. This is effective only after they have enrolled in the program.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree earned from a nationally and regionally accredited universities and colleges with a minimum GPA of 2.5. International applicants are to submit the same academic degree earned from internationally recognized universities.
- Work Experience: Professional and management work experience is a prerequisite for admission to this program.
- Language: The program English Language requirement of TOEFL scores of 80 in the internet test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The program records 100% of students in employment.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is not a prerequisite for admission to CBU’s online MBA program.
The application process is as follows:
- Complete application form online through the admission website.
- Applicants are to submit academic transcripts along with their applications.
- Applicants are to submit their current resume along with the application.
- Applicants receive assistance from admission counselors who guide them through the registration process. This includes guiding applicants through their financial plans as well as securing possible financial aid for eligible students.
- Students are to be assigned to Admission advisors upon acceptance to the program.
- Application deadline for this program is rolling for both international students and US.
- The acceptance rate for the online MBA program is not available. However, US News and World Report state 87% as the acceptance rate for CBU’s online programs.
- California Baptist University (CBU), which includes all programs offered by the Division of Online and Professional Studies, is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- This regional accreditation by WSCUC means you can be confident that your CBU degree is recognized and respected by schools and companies across the country.
Reviews and Ranking
The university has received the following accreditations.
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- CBUU has received a Ten-year continuous WASC Accreditation Affirmation.
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- The average work experience of students on CBU’s online business programs is 100%.
- According to the US News and World Report, the CBU’s MBA program ranked No. 2 on MBA faculty credentials and training.
- Top 25 MBA Programs in 2018 at the national level. This was in the areas of flexibility, students’ access to available study resources and the cost of tuition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can one request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: GMAT is not a prerequisite for admission to this program.
Q 2: Do international students need TOEFL?
Ans: Yes. Students are required to have earned a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5. Degrees must be from regionally, nationally and internationally recognized universities to fulfill this requirement.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: Students generally spend a duration of 12 months in completing this program.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: Yes. However, students may choose to study through the hybrid format, which is a combination of online and face-to-face classes.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: No. Applicants must show proven work experience in order for enrolled for the program.
Q 6: Do distance-learning students qualify for student loans?
Ans: All students may access one form of financial aid or the other. International students may be eligible for a 20% tuition scholarship.
Q 7: Does the application essay form part of admission prerequisites?
Ans: Yes. An application essay of 500 words is a prerequisite for admission to the program. The essay should state applicants’ purpose for applying as well as their professional goals The University is also interested in knowing why they chose CBU.
Q 8: Does recommendation letters form part of admission prerequisites?
Ans: Yes. The program requires letters of recommendation from two professional contacts.
Q 9: Do you offer any scholarships or other forms of financial assistance to students?
Ans: Yes. Eligible US students have access to direct federal loans, scholarships, and grants. Students may confirm their eligibility via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website. Veteran’s benefits and assistance from employers are a few other financial aid options available to students. CBU supports eligible students in these applications through advisory services.
Q 10: What is the minimum TOEFL score for this program?
Ans: Required TOEFL score is 80 in the internet test. This applies only to international students.
- Online and Professional Studies
- 10370 Hemet Street, Suite 200
- Riverside, California 92503
- Mr. Ted Meyer
- Phone: (951) 343-9000
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Bellhaven University Online MBA
- Chatham University Online MBA
- Brandman University Online MBA
- Campbellsville University Online MBA
- Old Dominion University Online MBA