Department of Business and Entrepreneurship Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The online MBA program by Chatham University places a premium on the working professionals and the aspiring ones as well. Healthcare management, management, food and agriculture, and project management are among some of the programs on offer to equip a vast selection of professionals in those fields.
- A unique feature of the Chatham University MBA is the opportunity given to students to design their own concentration along with their career goals. Thus, the program enables students to unleash their creativeness towards success in the real world. This is a departure from the traditional mode of course concentrations in online MBAs.
- Another feature of the program is that it can be completed fully online or using the campus format. Mindful of the high cost of MBAs, the university offers a limited number of fellowships, graduate assistantships and tuition discounts to eligible students.
- Working professionals, who have not received training for leadership roles in their various disciplines, are the target of Chatham University’s online MBA. The Chatham MBA healthcare management concentration is the most sought after.
- Experienced healthcare professionals like nurses, physical therapists such others in the allied healthcare industry are the main beneficiaries of this concentration.
- Applicants for this online MBA program do not need business-related work experience. The program evaluates an applicant’s academic profile and work experience as part of the admission process.
- The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) accredits Chatham University’s online MBA programs.
List of Courses Offered
The Chatham University’s online MBA program offers the following six concentrations in addition to personalized concentration designed by the student.
- Healthcare Management
- Food & Agriculture
- Entrepreneurial Leadership & Strategy
- Information Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Self-Design Concentration
The following are the core courses for the program’
- Global Business
- Sustainable Human Capital
- Information Systems and Analytics
- Accounting Information Systems
- Economics for Managers
- Managerial Accounting
- Cost Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Business Consulting
- The program duration is two years.
- The tuition for this program is $930 per credit hour students. Therefore, for the total required credit units of 36 the total cost is $33,480.
- Academic background: The academic requirement for this program is a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0. Proficiency in the use of computer applications as well as knowledge of basic accounting, economics, statistics, and marketing are among the requirements. Where the applicant did not meet these prerequisites, they are required to take two foundational courses from Business Statistics or Elementary Statistics and Financial Accounting.
- Work Experience: Work experience is not a prerequisite for enrollment to this program. However, 100% of students on the program have prior work experience.
- Language: International students must prove their English language proficiency through TOEFL. The minimum TOEFL score requirement for admission is 550 in the paper-based test and 79 in the internet-based test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The total number of students enrolled in the program is 18.
- Minority students form 11% of students enrolled
- 2 students enrolled in the program have been veterans or active service members
- International students form 17% of students enrolled
- The average age of students enrolled in the program is 31
- The percentage of female students enrolled in the program is 78 with male students making up the balance 22%.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is not a prerequisite for enrollment into this program.
The admissions website handles all online applications.
- Submission of academic transcripts earned from regionally and nationally accredited universities and colleges.
- Submission of a professional resume
- Submission of two recommendation letters. Both must be from professional contacts.
- Applicants are to submit a 500-word essay. Applicants are to explain their motivation for pursuing an MBA program. They should also state the course concentration of their choice as well as their reasons for doing so. The university is also interested in knowing its expected contribution to the MBA class.
- Application deadline for both U.S residents and international applicants is fall, (2018).
- Out of four applicants for the program, four persons received admission. This leaves the acceptance rate for this program at 100%.
- The Department of Business and Entrepreneurship at Chatham University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. #205-#267 in Best Online MBA Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can one request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: GMAT is not a prerequisite for this program.
Q 2: With a Bachelor’s CGPA of less than the 3.0 requirement, can one be admitted into this program?
Ans: Applicants who do not meet the admission prerequisite must take two foundational college-level courses in statistics and accounting.
Q 3: Is Chatham University online MBA accredited?
Ans: Yes, the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) duly accredits the program.
Q 4: Is the tuition for this program the same for in state and out of state students?
Ans: Yes. The tuition is the same for all students irrespective of your residence.
Q 5: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The program duration is two years.
Q 6: How many credits are required for completion of this program?
Ans: The requirement for completion of this online MBA is 36 credits.
Q 7: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No, this program is fully online.
Q 8: What are the options for financial aid available to students of this program?
Ans: Permanent residents and citizens of the U.S who successfully enroll for the program may access the Federal Stafford loan program. This financial aid is not available to international students. Students can also confirm if they are eligible for other federal and state loans and grants by registering with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In addition, eligible students can benefit from the university’s graduate assistantship positions, fellowships and tuition fee waivers.
Q 9: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: Yes. An application essay of 500 words stating the applicant’s career goals and motivation for pursuing an MBA degree online is a requirement.
Q 10: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: Yes. Applicants are to submit two letters of recommendation from a professional contact.
Q 11: Do international students need TOEFL?
Ans: Yes. The required minimum TOEFL score is 550 in the paper test and 79 in the internet-based test.
- Chatham University
- Woodland Road
- Pittsburgh, PA 15232
- Director of Admissions: David Spivey
- Admissions Phone: (412) 365-1290
- Admissions email: email@example.com
Other Articles You Might
- City University of Seattle Online MBA
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania Online MBA
- Colorado Christian University Online MBA
- Cal U Pennsylvania Online MBA
- Cameron University Online MBA