College of Business Administration Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
The CMU Online MBA program was made to equip students with skills that are relevant to the modern workplace. The program has embraced open enrollment in an effort to facilitate working professionals aspiring to advance their careers.
Coursework for the online degree is identical to the one offered on campus. With a staggeringly low acceptance rate of 34%, the program can be challenging to get into.
List of Courses Offered
The program is divided among 12 classes worth 3 credit hours each. The coursework has a strong focus on Business Analytics. Following is a list of all the courses:
- MBA 614: Introduction to Enterprise System using SAP Software
- MBA 615: Effective Business Communication
- MBA 616: Quantitative Methods for Managerial Decision Making
- MBA 617: Forecasting for Economics and Business
- MBA 621: Globalization: economic and Managerial Perspective
- MBA 622: Managerial Accounting
- MBA 623: Strategic Marketing Management
- MBA 624: Organizational Behavior
- MBA 625: Corporate Finance and Investment Analysis
- MBA 626: Integrative Strategic Management
- MBA 627: Business Analytics with
- MBA 628: Integrated MBA Capstone: Simulation and Performance Matrices
- With a total of 36 credit hours, the program can be completed as early as two and a half years. However, this process may take you up to 7 years – depending entirely on your own pace of studies.
- During the class of 2016-2017, the three-year graduation rate stood at a high 72%.
- The tuition of $600 per credit hour is the same for all candidates – local or international. This works out to an average cost of $22,000 for the entire duration of the program; an average figure when compared to other online programs.
- College-funded aid is available in many forms, including but not limited to fellowships, grants, and scholarships. International students also qualify for the privilege. Surprisingly, only 15% of the alumni graduated indebted. The average debt stood at $13,548.
Academic background: Candidates are expected to hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution with a minimum GPA Of 2.7. The undergraduate degree can be in any field.
Work Experience: Apart from a few exceptions, minimum work experience of 2 years is necessary. You must submit your professional resume along with the application.
Language: TOEFL is mandatory for international students or students with English as a second language in general. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 on the paper-based or 79 on the internet-based test is vital.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of new entrants was 31 years.
- International students only accounted for 1% of the student population.
- Around 58% of the students were male while the remaining 42% were female.
- An astounding percentage of students, 40% to be precise, were either veterans or active service members.
- The average overall undergraduate GPA was 3.3.
- The average GMAT score was 499.
- The alumni of this program found employment at a starting salary of $62,272 on average.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
GMAT is the standard exam for admission into the program. A minimum score of 450 is required for consideration Score reports older than 5 years are considered invalid.
GMAT can only be waived for candidates with a degree from a U.S. university or Applicants holding an advanced degree may qualify for the waiver. Applicants with an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher may also qualify for the same privilege.
Following is the procedure for application:
- Visit the official website at https://apply.cmich.edu/Application/AboutYou/InterestInCMU.
- Select the option to enroll in a program with CMU online.
- Enter your name, email address, and a password to register an account.
- You can see all the steps in the top section. Follow each step carefully; making sure to enter all information correctly. You may also be required to attach any documents (transcripts, qualifications and so on).
- There is a $50 non-refundable application fee. It is the same for both domestic and international applicants. You can make the payment online through your credit card.
- Once your payment is successful, the application is forwarded to the relevant department. At this point, all you can do is to wait for any further instructions. The university will contact you when a decision is made on your application.
There is no information provided as far as the admission timeline is concerned. You may contact Dr. Debashish Chakraborty for any further details. Contact details are provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
According to the statistics published online, as many as 590 candidates applied for the program. Out of those, only 203 were accepted.
This works out to a staggeringly low acceptance rate of 34%. This makes it an extremely competitive program to get into.
The online MBA degree offers the same content and coursework as the traditional classroom-based MBA. CMU’s Online MBA program is also AACSB accredited and requires the GMAT exam for admission.
Reviews and Ranking
Ranked#54 in Best Online MBA Programs by the U.S. News and World Report organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is CMU a veteran-friendly institution?
Ans: In the class of 2016-2017, 23 out of the total of 57 students were either veterans or active service members. This works out to a high percentage of around 40%.
Q 2: How are the classes delivered?
Ans: All classes are recorded and archived. Students can access the lectures and course material through the online portal at any time of the day.
Q 3: Can I study part-time?
Ans: You can take as long as 7 years to complete your program. This allows you to earn your MBA degree while dedicating only a minimal amount of hours per week.
Q 4: Will I have to prove language proficiency if English is my native language?
Ans: Candidates whose native language is English are exempt from the language tests. The same privilege is also extended to any applicants that studied at a U.S. institution.
Q 5: How many courses will I have to complete?
Ans: The program consists of 12 core courses worth 3 credits each, for a total of 36 credit hours.
- Central Michigan University
- 1200 S. Franklin St.
- Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859
Other Articles You Might Like
- University of Minnesota Online MBA
- Hofstra University Online MBA
- CalU Pennsylvania Online MBA
- ASU online MBA
- Angelo State University Online MBA
Image credit: Angelina Litvin