Columbia Business School MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Columbia Business School MBA program helps students in acquiring the essential skills of the business market. You are guaranteed to grow as a professional as you’ll learn many significant things during the MBA program.
- The goal is to convert students into successful businessmen. All students of the MBA program are highly important and individualized feedback is given to all of them.
- Students of the MBA program get to make connections with big organizations that are recruiting members every year.
- The teachers of the MBA program are highly experienced and they share their personal business ventures to help students develop a better understanding of how the business market works.
List of Courses Offered
The program is divided into two parts; the electives and the core courses. Unlike most of the MBA programs, the Columbia Business School MBA program is comprised of 70% of elective courses and only 30% of core courses.
Following is the list of core courses offered at the MBA program:
- Managerial Statistics
- Business Analytics
- Strategy Formulation
- Lead: People, Teams, Organizations
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Global Economic Environment
- Managerial Economics
- The Columbia Business School MBA program is targeted to be completed in 2 academic years.
- The cost of tuition is the same for both local and international students. You can expect to pay about $74,400 per academic year for tuition.
- Academic background: A transcript of your bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required to be submitted.
- Work Experience: The students of the MBA program are not required to have any professional work experience prior to their enrollment in the MBA program.
- Language: International students applying for the MBA program are required to submit a test score in either the IELTS or TOEFL.
- The Columbia University, Columbia Business School is accredited by AACSB, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Columbia Business School was ranked#6 for the MBA rankings by Forbes.
- Columbia Business School was ranked#9 for the MBA rankings by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Columbia Business School was ranked#9 for the MBA rankings by U.S News & World Report.
- The students of the MBA program must submit a competitive score in the GMAT. If an applicant of the MBA program does not want to submit a GMAT score, they can submit a GRE score instead.
- The GPA score of students of the MBA program range from 3.3-3.8.
- The average undergraduate GPA score of students enrolled in the MBA program is 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- The MBA class students have GMAT scores ranging from 700-740.
- Students of the MBA program have an average work experience of about 5 years prior to their enrollment in the MBA program.
- The average age of students is 28 years.
- Fellowships & Scholarships are awarded to students with a great academic profile.
- There are 4 types of loans provided at the Columbia Business School. These are Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans, Federal Graduate PLUS Loans, Private Loans, and International Private Loans
- Veteran students of the MBA program can apply for the renown Yellow Ribbon Program.
- You can apply online to the Columbia Business School by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Create an Account”.
- Now, submit the required information.
- Log in to your newly created account and submit your application.
- Now, you can submit your application.
- Now, you will be contacted with updates by their official team.
- For Round No. 1, the deadline for the application of the MBA program is October 3, 2018.
- For Round No. 2, the deadline for the application of the MBA program is January 4, 2019.
- For Round No. 3 (The Final Round), the deadline for the application of the MBA program is April 10, 2019.
- There is a lot of competition at the Columbia Business School, the acceptance rate is quite low at 17%. So, students with above-average academic achievements have a good chance of being accepted while students with average academic material have very little chances of being accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What are the requirements for the TOEFL/IELTS?
Ans: Only international students are required to take the TOEFL. If you do not want to take the TOEFL then you can submit a score in the IELTS.
Q 2: What is the average GMAT score of students?
Ans: The average GMAT score of students is 714.
Q 3: What is the average GPA of applicants at the Columbia Business School?
Ans: The average GPA of applicants is 3.5 at the Columbia Business School.
Q 4: At the Columbia Business School, is financial aid available for all students?
Ans: Yes, all students can apply for financial aid.
Other Articles You Might Like
- UAA College of Business and Public Policy MBA
- John Chambers College of Business MBA
- UNH College of Business MBA
- FSU College of Business MBA
- Christos M. Cotsakos College of Business MBA