Columbia College Online MBA Program
- Courses Offered
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- Cost Structure
- How to Apply?
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Earning an MBA is a proven method to scale your career to greater heights. However, busy schedules prevent many people from pursuing this valuable course
- Columbia College is an accredited private university in Canada. It offers highly flexible online MBA lessons which enables you to choose your appropriate study time and location
- The college provides unlimited access to an online library. You can access podcasts, digitized books, and other learning resources that you may require
- Live lessons are conducted weekly using different media platforms. You’ll ask questions and discuss with your colleagues during the highly engaging sessions.
- At the end of each course, you’ll digitally be evaluated by friendly lecturers to ensure that you grasp all the concepts.
Courses Offered and Their Duration
You’ll require two years to complete an online MBA at Columbia College. The courses are spread as follows:
- Strategic Management and Business Policy (MBA 5101) 3 hours
- Advanced Marketing (MBA 5501) 3 hours
- Management Information Systems (MBA 5401) 3 hours
- Research methods (MBA 5652) 3 hours
- Business ethics (MBA 6301) 3 hours
- Organizational Research and Theory (MBA 6001) 3 hours
- International Business 3 hours
- Human Resource Management Methods 3 hours
After completing the courses, you will have 12 hours for general concentration. This helps you to achieve your specific educational goals.
Eligibility for the Course: What You Need to Register for an MBA
To be considered for full admission, you must pass the following prerequisite courses:
- Accounting 1 (ACCT 280) 3 hours
- Accounting 2 (ACCT 281) 3 hours
- Business Finance (FINC 350) 3 hours
- Principles of Marketing (MKTG 210) 3 hours
- Principles of Management (MGMT 230) 3 hours
You are required to score above C in at least 80% of these units and a minimum of C in the remaining 20%. Besides the pre-requisite courses, you’re required to:
- Prove that you attended a regionally recognized institution and scored a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in your baccalaureate degree
- Provide a GMAT Test Score. However, you’ll not be required to provide this score if you’ve worked professionally for more than seven years
- Provide official transcripts and certificates from where you obtained your undergraduate degree
- Any other unofficial accreditation from a regionally recognized institutions
- A duly filled application form
While work experience is not mandatory, the Columbia College recommends that you obtain field skills and experience before enrolling for an MBA.
Columbia College MBA Class Profile for 2019
- In 2019, Columbia College enrolled 1122 MBA students of varied races, nationalities, and gender.
- The students share a common goal of achieving critical educational and career milestones. The intrinsic motivation possessed by these students drives them to excel in every venture they manage.
- To guarantee inclusivity, the students’ population constitutes people with various disabilities, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs.
Cost Structure: What is the Cost of Studying an MBA Course?
- The MBA will cost approximately $74,400 annually. However, the fee for the first year is likely to be higher due to one-off charges paid on admission.
- Columbia College uses a rolling admission process where the applications are processed as they are received. It has an acceptance rate of approximately 96%
- You need to have all the documents as listed in the “Eligibility Section”. The entire application process will be online to save you the hassle of visiting the college.
- If you have enough time, you can physically visit the admissions office to get all the admissions details
Columbia College Ranking
The college is ranked as follows:
- 54th best college in the South region
- 32nd best college for veterans
- 25th best value school
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Will online MBA boost my career?
Ans: The course offers an excellent platform to improve your managerial skills which will undoubtedly transform your career trajectory
Q2: What is the cost of an online MBA course
Ans: The course will cost approximately $150,000 to complete. However, you can apply for various scholarships which can reduce the cost payable significantly
Q3: How long does an MBA take to complete?
Ans: You will require a maximum of 36 months to complete the course. However, you can complete it within 12-24 hours depending on your schedule and availability
Q4: Is an online MBA recognized?
Ans: The course is recognized by employers. However, you are obliged to ensure that you only study in an accredited college.
Q5: How does online MBA work?
Ans: The courses use online databases and live lessons to meet all the requirements. The college will schedule the days when you will have live discussions using different media platforms.
The Columbia College is located at 438 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, BC Canada. You can contact the admission staff through:
- Phone: +1 604 683 8360
- Fax: +1 604 682 7191
- Also, send an email to [email protected] for any inquires. You can also visit their official website https://www.columbiacollege.ca
Other Articles You Might Like
- Dakota State University Online MBA
- James Madison Online MBA
- AU Indiana Online MBA
- Emory University Online MBA
- Online MBA from International Students