Heider College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
Creighton University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) is designed to provide essential training for professionals whose goal is to influence and impact the business world.
Graduates of this program enjoy a distinct advantage over their bachelor’s degree-holding counterparts as MBA graduates are highly sought after in today’s fast-paced job market. Furthermore, with the projected 9.2 increase rate of employment opportunities for graduates of MBA programs, an MBA degree can be seen as a prerequisite for motivated business professionals who wish to advance their careers.
Benefits of the curriculum of this program include improvement of students’ critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills. The curriculum so designed to equip the students with the essential knowledge, skills, efficiency, and confidence to excel in their business and leadership careers.
This program offers its students a great deal of flexibility as they can complete the program is a little over 2 years. All online classes for this program are recorded and archived.
List of Courses Offered
Areas of concentration offered in this program include:
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Financial Psychology & Behavioral Finance
- Personal Financial Planning
Furthermore, the following are the courses offered in this program:
Core Courses (9 credit hours)
- Leadership & Organizational Behavior
- Business Policy & Managerial Action
- Business, Ethics & Society
Functional Core (15 credit hours)
- Financial Reporting for MBAs
- Managerial Finance
- Economic Analysis for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Information Systems Management
Electives (9 credit hours): Students are required to fulfill the 33-hour requirement for this program after the completion of the core courses and the functional core classes by taking elective courses.
Options range from a variety of business courses including:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Marketing and Management
At a total of 33 credit hours, the target time for completion of this program is 2.5 years. However, most students complete the program in 2 years.
This program is a bit in the high side at $1,100 per credit for both in-state and out-of-state full-time students, with the total cost for the duration of the program amounting to $36,300. This fee tuition is uniform for all online programs offered by the institution.
The college, however, funds financial aid for the students through fellowships, assistant ships, grants or scholarships. This funds may be accessed by both local and international students who qualify.
Despite the 53% rate of students sponsored by their employers for this program, the average indebtedness of 2016-2017 graduates stands at $16,861 with a rate of 32% of the graduates in debt.
Academic background: Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university to be considered eligible for this program.
Work Experience: There is no requirement for work experience.
Language: TOEFL and IELTS are the official language tests for entry into this program. Minimum TOEFL score must be 90 or above (no section below 20) while minimum IELTS must be 6.5 (no section below 6.0).
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average GMAT score of students enrolled in the program is 517
- The total program graduates in the 2016-2017 session are 22
- The average undergraduate GPA of new entrants is 3.3
- On average, the GRE score composite of students enrolled in the program is 149 (verbal) and 151 (quantitative)
- So far, 9 students who have been enrolled in the program are veterans or active service members
- Information regarding the statistics of international student participation in the program is unavailable.
- The average age of students enrolled in the program is 32 years.
- At 64.8%, the male participation in the program supersedes that of the 35.2% female student population.
- On average, alumni from this program earn about $98,500 annually.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- The GMAT score requirement for this program is 517.
- GMAT is waived for applicants with work experience, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, and a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution.
- GMAT is mandatory for applicants whose cumulative GPA is less than 3.0, or who do not have have a bachelor’s or higher degree from a U.S. institution.
- GMAT may also be requested as the admissions committee deems fit, regardless of the applicant’s cumulative GPA.
To apply for this program, candidates must complete the online application and pay a nonrefundable $50 application fee.
Interested applicants may apply here.
The entry points and their applications deadlines for this program are as follows:
- August admissions – July 15
- October admissions – September 15
- January admissions – December 1
- March admissions – February 1
- June admissions – May 15
According to US News and World, out of 77 applicants, 43 got accepted into the program. Therefore, the acceptance rate for this program is 56%.
Creighton University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) is accredited by the AACSB in both Business and Accounting which is in the Top 2% of accredited schools in the world.
Reviews and Ranking
The Heider College of Business is among the top 2% of business schools in the world to be by AACSB International in business and accounting.
Ranked among the best Finance, part-time MBA and online programs by US News and World Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: The GMAT requirements are generally waived for applicants with work experience and a 3.0 GPA in their bachelor’s degree or a higher degree from an accredited U.S institution.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: The minimum GMAT score for entry into the program is 517.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The target time for completion of this program is 2.5 years.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: The online MBA can be completed solely online without any on-site presence.
- 2500 California Plaza
- Omaha, NE 68178
- Director of admissions: Lindsay Johnson
- Admissions Phone: (402) 280-2703
- Admissions email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Drake University Online MBA
- Tennessee Tech Online MBA
- UW Whitewater Online MBA
- CCU Online MBA
- Oklahoma State University Online MBA
Image credit: Jason Wong