CSU College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Colorado State University Online MBA is the gold standard of graduate-level distance learning. This program attracts one of the largest numbers of applications from working professionals with over a decade of experience.
- From its Ph.D. qualified faculty to the digital platform itself, nothing about this program is inferior to any other. Financial Times ranked this program at number 10 in its Best Online MBA Program in 2018.
- The program is delivered 100% online. Students can easily stream on-campus classes in real-time through the internet. However, keeping true to its vision of offering flexibility, you don’t have to watch the classes live. You can access everything from the digital library at any time of the day or the week.
List of Courses Offered
The program is divided into 17 core courses and 6 electives from any focus track. Collectively, you will need 42 credit hours to graduate.
Following is a list of all the core courses (worth 36 credit hours collectively):
- BUS 500 – Business Systems and Processes (2 cr.)
- BUS 601 – Quantitative Business Analysis (2 cr.)
- BUS 614 – Accounting Concepts (2 cr.)
- BUS 615 – Managerial Accounting (2 cr.)
- BUS 616 – Financial Reporting and Analysis (2 cr.)
- BUS 620 – Leadership and Teams (2 cr.)
- BUS 626 – Managing Human Capital (2 cr.)
- BUS 630 – Information Management (2 cr.)
- BUS 635 – Business Economics for the World Market (2 cr.)
- BUS 640 – Financial Principles and Practice (2 cr.)
- BUS 641 – Financial Markets and Investments (2 cr.)
- BUS 650 – Supply Chain Management (2 cr.)
- BUS 655 – Marketing Management (2 cr.)
- BUS 656 – Marketing Strategy and Planning (2 cr.)
- BUS 660 – Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues (2 cr.)
- BUS 662 – International Business (2 cr.)
- BUS 665 – MBA Capstone (4 cr.)
You are also required to select 6 elective courses from the following focus tracks (each with its own classes):
- Professional enrichment
- Computer information systems
- With 42 credit hours in total, the program can be completed in as few as 21 months. However, you still have the option to take up to 5 years if required. To sum it up, you can complete the program from anywhere between 21 months to 5 years.
- The cost of the program is the same for others in and out-of-state students. There is a uniform fee of $974 per credit hour. The program can be completed for a total cost of $51,700, which makes this one of the most expensive schools to get your degree from.
- Financial is not available for both in and out-of-state students. About 35% of the alumni graduated indebted. The average debt was $40,238, which is higher than the average of other programs.
- Academic background: An undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 4 years of work experience is necessary. Professional references are considered when evaluating your ability to perform well.
- Language: International students have to take a language test if English is not an official language of their country. There are three different test options available. For TOEFL, a score of 86 or higher on the internet-based test. For IELTS, the minimum score is 6.5. For PTE, you are required to score 58 at least.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of new entrants is 35, which is slightly above average.
- The average successful applicant has a professional work experience of 10 years.
- The average undergraduate has a GPA of 3.2.
- Students from all 50 states and over 46 countries have been a part of this program.
- As many as 95% of the entrants were employed at the time of enrollment.
- International students make up only 1% of the student population.
- Student gender distribution stands at 66.8% male and 33.2% female.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- Surprisingly, GMAT is not required by the Colorado State University for their online MBA program. As the program is targeted at professionals with years of working experience, the admissions office considers industrial success a far better indicator of your ability to perform. This is a bold yet highly appraised move by the administration.
- You can create and submit your application entirely online through the official website at https://gradadmissions.colostate.edu/apply/.
- Once you go to the above URL, click on the “create an account” link to do so.
- You will be required to enter your personal information such name, email and so on. Fill everything carefully and create your account.
- Once you are registered, you can follow the instructions on the screen to complete your application. Make sure to carefully enter all the necessary information and attach the documents.
- You will also be required to make a non-refundable payment of application either through credit card or electronic check. The application fee is $60 for domestic and $70 for international applicants.
- Upon completion, your application will be sent to the admissions department. At this point, you can check the status of your application at any time through the Colorado State University website. You will also be notified by email once your application is completed.
The Colorado State University offers admission on a rolling basis with 5 entry points:
- August Semester: 1st of July is the deadline
- October Semester: 1st of September is the deadline
- January Semester: 1st of December is the deadline
- March Semester: 1st of February is the deadline
- May Semester: 1st of April is the deadline
- Around 288 candidates applied for the class of 2017-2018, according to U.S. News & World Report. Out of those, 247 candidates got accepted into the program. This works out to an acceptance rate of 86%.
- A vast majority of candidates, about 89%, had significant work experience at an average of more than 13 years.
- CSU College of Business, Master of Business Administration degree accredited by the AACSB International, the premier international accrediting agency for schools and colleges of business.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 10 in Online MBA Ranking by Financial Times in 2018.
- Ranked No. 12 in Online MBA Ranking by Financial Times in 2017.
- Ranked No. 50 in Best Online MBA by U.S. News & World Report n 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What is the minimum GMAT score required?
Ans: The GMAT, or any standard entrance exam for that matter, is not required. Your work experience will be the primary focus of the evaluation.
Q 2: Will I have to visit physically for any reason?
Ans: The program is delivered online, and as such you will not have to visit the campus at any point during your studies.
Q 3: What is the application fee?
Ans: There is an application fee of $60 for domestic and $70 for international candidates.
Q 4: What grades does the average applicant hold?
Ans: The average applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 3.1.
- Front Desk: (970) 491-6471
- Mailing address:
- 1201 Campus Delivery
- Fort Collins, CO 80523-1201
- Scott Freshwater
- (970) 491-3612
Other Articles You Might Like
- Florida Atlantic University Online MBA
- Stevens’ School of Business Online MBA
- Umass Lowell Online MBA
- University of Denver Online MBA
- Boise State University Online MBA