College of Business Administration and Public Policy (CBAPP) Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The online MBA at California State University, Dominguez Hills is run by the College of Business Administration and Public Policy (CBAPP). The MBA program delivers a unique and broad base for all students to study and specialize in their chosen fields.
- It offers specialisms in seven core courses, namely: international business management, finance, marketing management, information technology management human resource management, global logistics and supply chain management.
- The curriculum of these concentrations emphasizes both theory and practice in the world of business. The courses are therefore taught by professors with vast management and professional work experience added to their years in academics.
- Drawing from their own experience, they are able to train and prepare their students to become leaders in the 21st century.
- Online MBA classes at CBAPP primarily enjoy the personal support of their professors who create a dynamic virtual study environment that promotes teamwork and critical thinking in a multidisciplinary setting.
- The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredited CBAPP’s business programs. WASC reaffirmed her accreditation in 2018 for a further 10 years.
- A key factor for deciding where to study for an online MBA is flexibility and cost. CSU’s CBAPP obviously considered both with the duration of this program is 18 months and the total tuition fee at about $17,000.
List of Courses Offered
Students are required to take seven core courses of 21 credit units. Additionally, 9 to 12-course units from a list of electives.
- International Business
- Marketing Management
- Information Technology Management
- Human Resource Management
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Below are the electives applicable to international business, management and finance concentrations.
- Advanced Topics in Multinational Finance
- Advanced Topics in International Management
- International Marketing Cases and Current Issues
- Essentials of Human Resources Management
- Seminar in Entrepreneurship
- Compensation and Benefits
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Selected Topics in Management
- Corporate Finance-Valuation Analysis
- Advanced Management of Financial Institutions
- Investments and Portfolio Analysis
- Derivatives and Futures Markets
- Selected Topics in Finance
- The program duration is 18 months.
- CSU’s online MBA program cost a total of $16,401 at $497 per credit unit. The total credit units required to graduate is between 30 and 33 depending on the student’s specialism. There is no disparity in tuition fee between residents of California and non-residents.
- Academic background: Applicants should have earned a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75 from a nationally or regionally accredited university or college. Candidates with a minimum GMAT score of 550 are also qualified to apply.
- Work Experience: This is not stated as a prerequisite for the program.
- Language: The English Language requirement for international students is a minimum TOEFL score of 550 in the paper-based test. The minimum score for the computer-based test is 213 and 80 for the internet-based test. For the IELTS, a minimum score of 6.5 is required.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- Female students account for 51% of the class.
- Male students account for 49% of the class
- African-American students account for 20% of the class.
- Asian students account for 26% of the class.
- Hispanic students account for 6% of the class.
- White students account for 26% of the class
- Students with two or more races account for 23% of the class.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT score requirement is 450 to qualify for admission.
- GRE score must be above 25 percent on both the quantitative and verbal tests.
- GMAT results must not be more than five years old to be acceptable.
- Eligible candidates can complete the online application process on the program’s application site.
- Fall Admissions: Rolling.
- Spring Admission: Applications for admission are open from August 1.
- Fall 1 Admission: Applications for admission are open from the October 1.
- Fall 2 Admission: Applications for admission are open from October. 1
- Out of 90 applicants for the MBA, 54 candidates were accepted and enrolled in the program. Therefore, the acceptance rate of this program is 60%.
- Since 1964, CSU Dominguez Hills has been accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Reviews and Ranking
- According to US News and World Report, CSUDH’s online MBA was ranked No.150 (tie) in Best Online MBA Programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: No. GMAT is a prerequisite for admission to this program.
Q 2: Is there a minimum academic requirement?
Ans: Yes. The requirement is a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75. Alternatively, students with a minimum GMAT score of 550 may be accepted. Degrees must be from nationally or internationally recognized universities or colleges.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The College of Business Administration and Public Policy has set a duration of 18 months in completing this program.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. The program can take 100% fully online.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: No. In fact, 100% of students who enroll in this program have prior professional work experience
Q 6: As a distance learning student am I qualified for a student loan?
Ans: Yes. Scholarships available to eligible distance learning students at CSUDH are the State University Grant (SUG), and the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program. Interested students may confirm their eligibility through the Federal Student Aid website.
Q 7: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: Yes. Applicant should submit an essay stating their career goals and purpose for applying to CSUDH’s MBA online program.
Q 8: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: Though recommendation letters are not a prerequisite, candidates can still include them in their applications.
Q 9: Do you offer any scholarships or other forms of financial assistance to students?
Ans: Yes. US students may access different types of financial aid ranging from grants, federal student loans, and scholarships. Confirmation of eligibility is available through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website. Eligible graduate students may also apply for the Stafford Loan program to finance their MBA program.
Q10: What is the minimum TOEFL score for this program?
Ans: The required minimum TOEFL score is 550, 213 and 80 in the paper test, computer test, and internet tests respectively.
- MBA Program
- 1000 East Victoria Street
- SBS A-325
- Carson, CA 90747
- Betty Vu
- Director of Admissions
- Phone: 310-243-3646
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- CSU San Bernardino Online MBA
- CSU Stanislaus Online MBA
- Cal U Pennsylvania Online MBA
- Cameron University Online MBA
- Campbellsville University Online MBA