CSU Stanislaus Online MBA Tuition, Rankings and More
|CSU Stanislaus Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Management Accounting, Computer Information System, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||The minimum GMAT score for this program is 470|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||550 in the paper-based and 80 in the internet-based test|
|Work ex required||This is a requirement but not a prerequisite for admission|
|Eligibility||A Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent from a regionally accredited institution|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The online MBA program at the California State University, Stanislaus caters to the requirements and schedules of working professionals who wish to acquire a higher level of skills and credentials for success in their managerial and leadership positions.
The flexibility of the AACSB accredited program combined with its rigorous and comprehensive curriculum to prepare top-notch leaders and managers within a brief duration of 18-24 months. The specialization areas for this program include finance, general, and accounting.
List of Courses Offered
This program offers the following seven core courses:
- Management Accounting – ACC 5110 (3 units)
- Computer Information Systems – CIS 5620 (3 units)
- Managerial Finance – FIN 5210 (3 units)
- Business Organization, Theory & Behavior – MGT 5310 (3 units)
- Seminar in Quality & Productivity Management – OM 5630 (3 units)
- Marketing Management – MKT 5410 (3 units)
- Project Methods & Integrated Strategic Processes – MGT 5900 (3 units)
Students are to take three electives from the list of courses below, depending on their concentration. The two specialisms on offer are Management and Finance.
- Security Analysis & Portfolio Management – FIN 5220
- Management of Technology & Innovation – OM 5650
- Financial Markets – FIN 5340
- Supply Chain Management – OM 5580
- International Financial Markets – FIN 5330
- Seminar in Organizational Behavior – MGT 5200
- Options, Futures and Swap Contracts – FIN 5250
- Strategic Leadership in Organizations – MGT 5400
The duration of this online MBA program is 18-24 months.
The online MBA program costs a total of $27,600 at $920 per credit unit. The total credit units required for graduation is 30.
- Academic background: A Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent from a regionally accredited institution is a prerequisite for this program. Applicants must have attained a minimum GPA of 2.5 GPA in the last 60 semesters or 90 units of coursework.
- Work Experience: This is a requirement but not a prerequisite for admission. Exceptions apply. Eighty-eight percent of current students have previous work experience.
- Language: TOEFL is a requirement for international students for whom English is not a primary language. The minimum TOEFL score for admission at this program is 550 in the paper-based and 80 in the internet-based test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- So far, the total enrollment for this program has been 24.
- The average age of students enrolled in the program is 28 years.
- At 54.2%, female participation in this is higher than that of the 45.8% male student involvement.
- 90% of students enrolled in this program have a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience.
GMAT Requirement and Scores
- The minimum GMAT score for this program is 470.
- However, the GMAT does not form a prerequisite for admission into this program as only 42% of current students presented a GMAT score for admission.
A student can complete their applications through the program website. The application procedure is as follows:
- Payment of the $55 application fee applies to all applicants.
- Applicants are to submit three letters of recommendation. This must be from professional contacts who know the academic capabilities and potentials of the applicant. Such contact must also be familiar with the applicant’s achievements. Applicants are to request recommendation letters through the application portal.
- Submission of a professional resume must be reverse-chronological. The information provided should include details of jobs held as well as duties and responsibilities handled.
- Submission of a personal statement must include the applicant’s career objectives. This should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s short-term and long-term goals with the MBA in mind.
- The applicant is to submit a GMAT or GRE result.
- Fall Admission: Applications for both international students and US residents can be submitted before June 30.
- Spring Admission: Applications for both US residents and international students may be submitted before October 31.
Out of 34 applicants for the MBA, 24 candidates were accepted and enrolled. The program, therefore, recorded a 71% acceptance rate.
Online MBA programs at California State University–Stanislaus are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
Ranked No. 164 (tie) in Best Online MBA Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can one request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: GMAT is not a prerequisite for admission to this program. Only 42% of entrants provided GMAT. A GRE breakdown of 200 is also accepted.
Q 2: Does the program specify the minimum academic requirement?
Ans: Yes. The requirement is a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.5 from an accredited university or college.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: Students can complete this program in 18-24 months.
Q 4: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. The program can be completed 100% fully online.
Q 5: Does the program admit candidates without work experience?
Ans: Yes, but only as an exception. About 82% of students who apply for this program already have prior professional work experience.
Q 6: Does a distance-learning student, qualify for student loans?
Ans: Yes. Eligible students in this program can access student loans and other forms of scholarships.
Q 7: Do one need to write an application essay?
Ans: Yes. Applicants are required to submit an essay stating their career motivations, their qualifications, plans and purpose for applying to the MBA online program.
Q 8: Do one need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: Yes. Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation from professional contacts who can vouch for them in terms of academic capabilities and drive.
Q 9: Does this program offer any scholarships or other forms of financial assistance to students?
Ans: Yes. U.S students may be eligible for financial aid in the form of grants, federal student loans, and scholarships. Students may confirm their eligibility through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website. Students should complete the FASFA registration early even when they are undecided about financial aid. It takes about 6 weeks to process the FASFA registration.
Q 10: Do international students need TOEFL?
Ans: Yes. The required minimum TOEFL score is 550 in the paper-based test and 80 in the internet-based test.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- College of Business Administration
- California State University Stanislaus
- One University Circle
- Turlock, California 95382
Other Articles You Might Like
- Best Online MBA without GMAT
- Top 21 Affordable Online MBA
- Temple University Online MBA
- UT Dallas Online MBA
- Online MBA Comprehensive Guide
Image Credit: RUT MIIT