City University of Seattle Online MBA Ranking, Acceptance Rate and More
|City University of Seattle Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Accounting, Consulting, etc.|
|Total Cost||$848 per credit for international students|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||GMAT score test is not a requirement|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||87 on the internet-based test|
|Work ex required||Not required|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The City University of Seattle’s Online Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program is structured to serve the academic requirements of professionals in the field of business. The program which is administered by the School of Management emphasizes the application of a curriculum that is focused on real-life scenarios. It, therefore, goes beyond theoretical concepts to engage the students in a practical demonstration of skills learned.
The program impresses upon the students to be focused on results rather than on mere knowledge. Students enrolled in this online MBA have the advantage of being taught by course professors who, themselves, have gained practical management experience in the courses they handle.
They are able to relate to students in a practical and close setting that imparts their whole study experience with City University. The program offers many concentrations, which enables the student to customize their MBA degree in such areas as human resources management, project management, marketing, management information systems among others.
The program identifies and leverages an individual student’s strengths. Students are trained in the application of theories and techniques to identify and solve problems in a fast-moving global business environment.
City University’s online MBA has received national recognition from students. It ranked among the top 15 online programs by GraduatePrograms.com. Unlike most top MBA programs, the university has waived the GMAT as a prerequisite for admission.
The program curriculum is tailored to address the areas where students have deficiencies. On graduation, students would have been equipped to combine excellent managerial skills with ethical awareness while performing effective leadership roles in different organizations.
List of Courses Offered
The following are the concentrations offered in this program:
- General Management
- Hotel Administration
- Human Resources Management
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
Furthermore, the following are the core courses administered to students enrolled in this program.
- Essentials of Business Management
- Global Business Communication and Research
- Law for Global Business
- Project Management and Prioritization
- Managing with Technology
- Applied Marketing
- Applied Managerial Economics
- Managerial Accounting
- Strategic Financial Management
- People and Systems in Organizations
- Business Operations
- Business Strategy
The duration of this program is 2 years.
The cost for this program is $698 per credit for American students and $848 per credit for international students.
- Academic background: Applicants for this program are required to have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university to be considered eligible for admission.
- Work Experience: This is not a prerequisite for admission into this program. However, the program is well-suited for working professionals.
- Language: International students are required to prove their English language proficiency through TOEFL. The minimum acceptable TOEFL score for this program is 87 on the internet-based test.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The total number of students enrolled in the program is 1,169.
- The program’s average class size is 10.
- The program’s maximum class size is 30.
- 96 veterans and/or active service members have been enrolled in the program.
- The gender distribution for this program is 50.8% male and 49.2% female.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
GMAT is not a requirement for applicants to be considered eligible for admission into this program.
In order to apply for this program, interested candidates are required to adhere to the following procedures.
- Completion of the online application via the program’s application website
- Payment of $50 non-refundable application fee
- Submission of all official transcripts
- Submission of TOEFL result (for international students)
Fall Admission: Rolling
Out of 174 applicants, only 156 students were accepted and enrolled in this program. Therefore, the acceptance rate for this program is 75%.
The online MBA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 174 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is GMAT required for admission into the City University of Seattle’s online MBA program?
Ans: No. GMAT is not a requirement for admission into this program. Instead, the academic requirement for this program is a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Q 2: As an international student, do I need TOEFL?
Ans: Yes. International students must provide TOEFL results with a minimum score of 87 on the internet-based test to be considered eligible for the program.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: The target time for completion of this program is 2 years.
Q 4: Do I need to submit a recommendation letter?
Ans: No. Applicants are not required to submit letters of recommendation as a prerequisite for admission.
Q 5: Do I need to write an application essay?
Ans: Yes. An application essay is required. It must state the applicant’s career goals and motivation for pursuing an online MBA degree with the City University of Seattle.
Q 6: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: No. The program can be completed 100% online.
Q 7: Is City University of Seattle online MBA program accredited?
Ans: Yes. The online MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Q 8: How many credits are needed for graduation?
Ans: The minimum requirement for completion of this online MBA is 48 credits.
Q 9: Can I combine online learning with on-site learning?
Ans: No. The online and on-site MBA programs offered by City University cannot be combined. Instead, students are offered the option of transferring from the online mode to the classroom format of study.
Q 10: Is the tuition the same for local and international students?
Ans: Yes. Both in-state and out-of-state students pay the same tuition.
Q 11: Are there concentrations I can choose from?
Ans: Yes. Students enrolled in this program are given the opportunity to choose from the following concentrations – Accounting, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Management, Hotel Administration, Human Resources Management, International Business, Leadership, Management Information Systems, Marketing, and Technology.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- City University of Seattle
- 521 Wall Street, Suite 100
- Seattle, WA 98121
Other Articles You Might Like
- AU South Carolina Online MBA
- SIU Online MBA
- Cornerstone University Online MBA
- Ashland University Online MBA
- University of Cincinnati Online MBA
Image Credit: Thom Milkovic