Darden School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Darden School of Business MBA program is quite popular for its selective curriculum and a great educational experience overall.
- The Darden School of Business alumni is being hired by big organizations instantly after their graduation. These alumni are active supporters of the University of Virginia. Alumni also come to visit campus each year to share their knowledge.
- The MBA program is taught by experienced teachers, all of whom have worked as professionals in the field of business.
- The program promises a great return on investment. As graduates of the MBA program go on making a whole lot of money as compared to what they made before.
- The Darden School of Business MBA program is accredited by AACSB.
List of Courses Offered
At the Darden School of Business, an elite, flexible, and comprehensive curriculum are offered in the MBA program. The program will help you develop better decision-making skills, leadership skills, and skills of cooperation. Following are the topics related to which courses are offered during the MBA program:
- Global Economies and Markets
- Financial Management and Policies
- Accounting for Managers
- Management Communication
- Operations Management
- Leading Organizations
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Thinking and Action
- Decision Analysis
- The entire MBA program is targeted to be completed within 12 months.
- At the Darden School of Business, international applicants are required to pay a little more for tuition as compared to the local residents. The in-state students have to pay $63,350 per academic year for tuition. While the out-of-state students have to pay $68,510 per academic year for tuition.
- Academic background: The applicants of the MBA program are required to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Work Experience: At the Darden School of Business, applicants of the MBA program are required to submit their professional work resume.
- Language: The international applicants who provide a bachelor’s degree completed from a non-English speaking university are required to submit an English language test score. The Darden School of Business accepts a score in PTE/TOEFL/IELTS.
- The University of Virginia, Darden School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB.
- Darden School of Business was ranked#9 for MBA (U.S) rankings by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Darden School of Business was ranked#9 for MBA (world) rankings by The Economist.
- Darden School of Business was ranked#17 for MBA (U.S) rankings by U.S News & World Report.
- The students applying for the MBA program at the Darden School of Business are required to submit a competitive score in the GMAT/GRE score. The students without a GMAT/GRE score are not accepted. Students with a high GMAT/GRE score have higher chances of getting a scholarship/fellowship.
- All the students enrolled in the MBA program at the Darden School of Business have quite a lot of work experience prior to their enrollment in the MBA program. The average work experience of students enrolled in the MBA class is 5 years.
- The students of the Darden School of Business MBA program have a very high average undergraduate GPA score of 3.5.
- The average age of the admitted applicants is 27 years.
- All the students of the MBA program have very GMAT scores. As the GMAT scores of students range from 690-750 which is exceptionally high.
- Many scholarships/fellowships are awarded to aspiring students at the Darden School of Business.
- These scholarships are available for all students including; local resident, international students, veterans.
- Veterans are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- You can apply for the MBA program offered at the Darden School of Business by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Create an account” written under the “First-time users” heading.
- Now, you have to enter some basic information regarding yourself.
- Your account will be created once you have written all the required information.
- Now, you have to log in to your account and submit your application.
Application deadlines for the MBA program at Naveen Jindal School of Management are mentioned below:
- The application deadline of the MBA program for Early Action is 07 Sept. 2018.
- The application deadline of the MBA program for Round 1 is 04 Oct. 2018.
- The application deadline of the MBA program for Round 2 is 10 Jan. 2019.
- The application deadline of the MBA program for Round 3 is 03 Apr. 2019.
- It is fairly competitive to get accepted to the MBA program at the Darden School of Business. As there is a lot of competition and students with above-average academic achievements get accepted. The acceptance rate is 24% which is quite low as the Darden School of Business is very selective.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: At the Darden School of Business, are all students of the MBA program eligible for financial aid?
Ans: Yes, at the Darden School of Business, not only the students of the MBA program but all students are eligible for financial aid.
Q 2: What are the additional admission requirements for international applicants?
Ans: All international applicants are required to submit a score in the TOEFL/IELTS/PTE. This is done to ensure that students will be able to participate in the classroom discussion as quite a lot of portion of the MBA program is done verbally.
Q 3: What are the benefits for veterans at the Darden School of Business?
Ans: All veterans are eligible for applying to the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Darden School of Business
- 100 Darden Boulevard
- Charlottesville, VA 22903 USA
- Phone: +1-434-924-7281
- Fax: +1-434-243-5033
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Daniels College of Business MBA
- D’Amore-McKim School of Business MBA
- Columbia Business School MBA
- UAA College of Business and Public Policy MBA
- John Chambers College of Business MBA