Dartmouth University is a renowned four-year, private liberal arts college located in Hanover, New Hampshire. It is a member of the distinguished Ivy League colleges in the U.S. and is known worldwide for educating distinguished individuals who demonstrate potential and leadership.
In order to help reduce the expenses of pursuing graduate studies in a world-class university, Dartmouth University automatically awards meritous students with awards ranging between $1000 to $50000, based upon their financial need and overall quality of their application. No separate application is required for these scholarships; they are awarded automatically along with the offer of admission.
Aside from the need-based awards, there are many grants that a prospective student can apply for to cover the expenses of graduate education. A few of them are outlined below:
Golden Key International Honor Society Graduate Scholar Award:
- Offered to Golden Key Honor Society Members who aim to pursue an MBA in an accredited U.S. institution
- Award is valued at $10000
- Eligible candidates must be currently studying in their undergraduate degree as a senior, or a current graduate student
Experience in community service is also required to receive this scholarship.
AKA Educational Advancement Foundation Graduate Scholarships:
- One year, one time scholarship for full-time sophomore and beyond students, studying in an accredited undergraduate institution in the U.S.
- The award amount of the scholarship varies, depending on the merit of the student
- Eligible students should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and also demonstrate involvement in community service
The scholarship is funded by the Alpha Kappa Gamma Educational Advancement Foundation. Candidates can be both male and female and do not have to be members of Alpha Kappa Gamma.
AICP Scholarship Program:
- Aimed at seniors enrolled at a valid U.S. institution and hoping to pursue graduate study in in business
- Award is worth $1000
- Student should be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and declared their major in a business-related field
Ada I. Pressman Memorial Scholarships:
- Designed for women enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree in all areas of engineering, including chemical, mechanical, computer, construction and marine/oceanographic engineering
- Award is valued at $5000
- Scholarship is renewable for up to 5 years
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Earth and Space Science Fellowships:
- Supports women pursuing a masters or doctorate degree in one of the following fields: earth systems research, heliophysics, planetary science, and astrophysics
- The scholarship is for $30,000
- Scholarship recipients have to be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
Sigma Delta Epsilon/Graduate Women in Science Fellowships:
- For women who wish to continue their education in the sciences and obtain a Master’s or a Doctorate degree
- The scholarship amount can vary up to $10000
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree
The scholarship is funded by Sigma Delta Epsilon (Graduate Women in Science), a reputed non-profit organization. They provide one-year long grants to undertake research and scholarships for women who look to further their education in the sciences. Founded in 1921, the organization has helped many women begin a career in the scientific field over the years.
GotChosen $5000 Social Network Scholarship:
- Open for both U.S. and International Students in any field of study at any institution in the U.S.
- Scholarship amount is $5000
- No essay, GPA or financial need requirement necessary
The candidate must go to the GotChosen scholarship site, apply for the scholarship and add a photo to their profile. The photo must then be posted on any social media channel; the person with the maximum number of total upvotes will obtain the award. The scholarship must be used for educational purposes in the U.S.
MoneyStrands 2018 FinTech Scholarship:
- For full time enrolled U.S. students or permanent residents at an accredited U.S. graduate course.
- Scholarship is worth $1250.
- Eligible candidates must not be receiving a full academic scholarship from elsewhere
Students must submit an essay between 500 to 750 words; the winning applicant shall receive the grant.
SavingsFree $1000 Annual Student Scholarship 2018:
- For applicants enrolled full-time at any American College or university in any field
- The award amount is $1000 which will be renewed every semester based upon academic performance
- Eligible candidates should show outstanding academic performance; involvement in extracurricular activities will also boost candidates’ application
Applicants under the age of 18 must have a signed permission letter from their parents/guardians in order to apply.
Internet Marketing Scholarship:
- Applicants should be enrolled at a full-time degree program from an accredited U.S. college or university
- The award is worth $1000
- Eligible candidates have to be between 18 to 24 years of age, and must provide proof of this when applying
Applicant may need to submit a write-up along with the form. Style of writing, content, clarity etc. Points will be considered for the scholarship.
XWord Scholarship 2018:
- Students have to be permanent residents or citizens of the U.S. and enrolled in an accredited United States college or university.
- The award amount is $1000
- No age requirement, but the candidate should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in order to be considered
The scholarship is organized every year by the staff of XWord.com Applicants need to write an essay of no more than 1000 words on the topic “Crosswords, more than just a puzzle game” and submit to the XWord website.
Apart from the eleven scholarships listed above, a person may apply for thousands more to cover the cost of obtaining a Master’s Degree. Conditions vary from award to award; however, with some solid research, patience and effort it is possible to apply for many of them and cover a substantial amount of the fees.