Davies College of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Davies College of Business MBA program provides students with an opportunity for gaining knowledge and advance their learnings about the field of business.
- The business market is very complex and is changing by the day. Hence, it is very hard to know how new inventions will affect the business market in the future. That is why the Davies College of Business MBA helps students in acquiring the tools necessary for predicting the future shape of the business market.
- The MBA program is targeted to be completed in 12 months. This program is in accelerated form and students must be dedicated to their work as they are required to do a lot of work during the program.
- The MBA program is taught by top-notch teachers who will share their knowledge and wisdom to help you launch a successful career. The teachers are very supportive and are willing to cooperate with students.
- The teachings of the MBA program will come in handy when you start your business career. Also, your concepts and knowledge will help you complete your projects where you are required to fulfill the requirements of real clients.
List of Courses Offered
The MBA program is quite flexible and is available in many concentrations which are mentioned below:
- MBA in Business Development / Sales Management
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Accounting
- MBA in Human Resources Management
- MBA in Investment Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Leadership
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Project Management & Process Improvement
- At the Davies College of Business, the offered MBA program is in accelerated form and is targeted to be completed in 12 months. The time taken for the completion of the degree is dependent upon the student.
- The MBA degree at the Davies College of Business is very affordable. All students are required to pay the same amount of money for the MBA program. Regardless of their residency. The cost of tuition for the entire MBA program is about $25,000.
- Academic background: All applicants of the MBA program are required to hold a bachelor’s degree (in any major) from an accredited university. Your bachelor’s GPA score is highly important during the evaluation for admission and for scholarships.
- Work Experience: At the Davies College of Business, all students applying for the MBA program must submit a professional work resume.
- Language: International students applying for the MBA program must submit a minimum score of 81 in the TOEFL (Internet-based) or a minimum score of 6.5 in the IELTS. This is done to ensure that the candidate is competent in the English language.
- The University of Houston Downtown, Davies College of Business is an accredited member of AACSB.
- Davies College of Business was ranked#19 for the Best Business School (Houston) by QS.
- Davies College of Business was ranked in the Top 20 for Best Professional MBA program by the Graduate Programs.
- The submission of a GMAT/GRE score is a requirement for all the students applying for the MBA program at the Davies College of Business. All applicants must submit this score or else they will be considered as invalid applicants.
- At the Davies College of Business, the average undergraduate GPA score of students is 3.15.
- The average GMAT score is 632.
- The average age of students enrolled in the MBA program is 26 years.
- In the MBA program, 63% of students are male and the remaining 37% of students are female.
- In the MBA program, 29% of the total students are international students.
- Scholarships are awarded to students with high academic achievements.
- These scholarships pay for about $2,500 of the total cost of tuition. Students are required to submit a separate application for the scholarship.
- Only students who are residents of Texas are eligible for these scholarships.
- Visit this page for reading about the required application material.
- You can apply to the Davies College of Business MBA program online at this link.
- After clicking on the link given above, click on “Create a new account”.
- Now, enter the required information for successfully registering with the University of Houston Downtown by creating an account.
- Log in to your account. Now, you can submit your application.
- Make sure that you follow the application guidelines and submit all required material.
Application deadlines are mentioned below:
- For the spring semester, the application deadline is 7th January 2019.
- The applications submitted after the 7th of January 2019 will be considered as applications for the fall semester.
- Acceptance rate is quite high at 58%. So, it is not very hard to get accepted as there is only a little amount of competition for the MBA program at the Davies College of Business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What is the average GPA of applicants admitted to the MBA program.?
Ans: The average GPA of applicants admitted to the MBA program is 3.15.
Q 2: Are all applicants at the Davies College of Business required to submit a GMAT score?
Ans: Yes, all applicants at the Davies College of Business are required to submit a score in the GMAT. If students do not want to submit their score in the GMAT they can submit an alternative score in the GRE.
Q 3: What are the minimum score requirements for TOEFL/IELTS
Ans: A minimum score of 81 is required in the TOEFL (Internet-based) or a minimum score of 6.5 is required in the IELTS.
- University of Houston-Downtown
- One Main Street
- Houston, TX 77002
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 713-221-8522
Other Articles You Might Like
- David Eccles School of Business MBA
- Darden School of Business MBA
- Daniels College of Business MBA
- D’Amore-McKim School of Business MBA
- Columbia Business School MBA