Drake University Online MBA Ranking, Curriculum and More
|Drake University Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Accounting, Financial Resources, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||500 for GMAT or 152 for GRE/ No GMAT or GRE required through Fall 2022|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||213 on the digital, 550 on the paper-based, or 80 on the internet-based examination|
|Work ex required||Work experience is not a requirement but will be favored|
|Eligibility||A bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited institution|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Student Testimonials
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The Drake University Online MBA offers you a chance to advance in your career on your own terms. The program is taught by a faculty of some of the brightest minds on the planet.
Year after year, the David Eccles School of Business at Drake University is ranked among the top business colleges in the US. The program has been successfully attracting seasoned professionals since its inception.
This program is completely online and requires no physical presence. The combination of flexibility in schedule and the various concentrations being offered make this one of the most sought-after degrees.
There are multiple points of entry available throughout the year. However, international students should consider applying at the earliest.
List of Courses Offered
The program consists of 7 core courses worth 3 credit hours each. These are:
- Evaluating Organizational Performance (MBA 242)
- Creating Customer Value (MBA 251)
- Enhancing Firm Value (MBA 253)
- Leadership & Human Capital Development (MBA 254)
- Information Technology and Business (MBA 256)
- Project Management (MBA 257)
- Strategic Business Policy (MBA 260 )
Foundations of Decision Making (6 credit hours total):
- Values and Ethics in Decision-Making (MBA 240)
- Leading with Data (MBA 245)
The following concentrations are available in addition to the core coursework.
- Financial Resources
- Health Care Management
- Human Resources
- Innovation and Leadership
- Nonprofit Management
You also have to go through the Professional Development Seminars. Each seminar is worth one credit hour. You need to attend three for a total of 3 credit hours.
There are many business concentrations available in this program. In general, your entire coursework will be worth 39 credit hours. As the program is offered 100% online, you can go through it at your own pace. The average student completes the program within two to three years. However, you can complete it in as many as 5 years.
There is a cost of $700 per credit hour for courses. The program consists of 39 credit hours in total. This works out to an average completion cost of $27,300 which is just about average.
Although there are no scholarships available for the online program, the prospective candidates have the option to apply for Free Apply for Federal Student Aid at https://fafsa.edu.gov/.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited institution is required.
- Work Experience: Work experience is not a requirement but will be favored.
- Language: TOEFL is mandatory for international candidates. A minimum score of 213 on the digital, 550 on the paper-based, or 80 on the internet-based examination is required.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
As is the case with most MBA classes, the class profile comprises more female students than males. The student body is divided with 43% male and 57% female students. The average salary for a graduate of this program is around $45,900.
- You must pass either GMAT or GRE before applying for this program.
- The score should not be older than 5 years.
- A minimum of 500 scores on the GMAT is needed. In the case of GRE, a score of 152 is required for both quantitative and verbal.
- If you hold a master’s degree in any other field, then you might qualify for the GMAT waiver.
- You can submit your application on the official website of Drake University at https://apply.drake.edu/apply/
- You will be required to fill in your personal details along with any necessary documentation and materials. Instructions are provided by the university to help you in this regard. An application fee of $50 is required.
You can join the Drake University Online MBA program during any of the following entry points:
- Fall Admission: · 15th of July is the last date of application.
- Spring Admission: 1st of December is the last date of application.
- Summer Admission: 1st of April is the last date of application.
Drake University has a record of accepting about 69 candidates from every 100 that applied. This makes it a more selective institution with an acceptance rate of 69%.
Drake is the first institution in Iowa accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) to offer an MBA program fully online.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked 9th Regional Universities Midwest
- Ranked 2nd in Best Colleges for Veterans
- Ranked 2nd in Best Undergraduate Teaching
- Ranked 9th in Best Value Schools
- Ranked at 189 in Business Programs
“I thoroughly enjoyed the class, BLAW 250: The Law of Business Organizations… I found it very challenging since I was unfamiliar with much of the subject matter but was able to keep up and do fine on the tests and quizzes. Classmates had recommended this class to me, and I understand why.” -Polly Welp, Drake University Online Student
Source: Drake University Official Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: Drake University requires all candidates to pass on the GMAT with a score of 500 at the minimum. In the case of GRE, you will have to score 152.
Q 2: Will I be required to visit the campus?
Ans: The program is offered exclusively through the internet. As such, there is no requirement for you to be present on campus or even in the same state.
Q 3: Is this university veteran-friendly?
Ans: Drake University has been ranked as one of the best colleges for veterans and active military members.
Q 4: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: You can complete the program within 2 to 3 years if you take two classes per semester. However, due to the flexible nature of the program, it may take up to 5 years to complete it.
Q 5: Can international students apply for this program?
Ans: International students are encouraged to get their MBA online through this program. You will, however, be required to show proficiency in the English language. This will be assessed by a standard language test such as TOEFL.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- Drake University College of Business & Public Administration
- Aliber Hall
- 2507 University Ave
- Des Moines, IA 50311
Other Articles You Might Like
- Tennessee Tech Online MBA
- UW Whitewater Online MBA
- CCU Online MBA
- Oklahoma State University Online MBA
- Cedarville University Online MBA
Image Credit: Evan Mach