FAU College of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Florida Atlantic University presents the perfect opportunity for any working professionals to earn a Master’s degree online without putting their careers at hold. The program is AACSB-accredited and has been ranked favorably across the nation.
- The program is delivered online in its entirety; with the same curriculum and professors available to the on-campus students. All the lectures, presentations, discussions and chats are accessible through the online library 24/7. As such, students can choose their schedule and pace of studies.
List of Courses Offered
The program can be completed by earning 40 to 46 credit hours. This depends on whether you qualify for the waiver of foundational courses.
The core MBA coursework consists of 12 courses worth 28 credit hours collectively. These are as follows:
- Financial Accounting Concepts
- Corporate Financial Management
- Communication Skills for Business Professionals
- Leadership and Executive Forum (1 credit)
- Global Environment of Management
- Advanced Analysis of Accounting Data
- Marketing Management in a Global Environment
- Advanced Financial Management
- Management of Information Systems and Technology
- Operations Management
- Leadership and Organizations
- Global Management Strategy and Policy
Apart from the core courses, there is also an International Business Specialization. Following six classes are worth 12 credit hours collectively:
- Advanced International Monetary Economics
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Cross-Cultural Management and Human Resources
- International Business Operations
- Managing Effectively in Emerging Market Economies
- Global Marketing Management
- The program can be completed within 2 to 5 years. There were a total of 39 students in the class 2016-2017. The majority of those students earned their degree within two years.
- The tuition is the same for both local and international students. With a cost of $800 per credit hour, you can complete the entire program at a price of $32,000 on average.
- Financial aid is available for all students, regardless of nationality or location. The average alumni of this program graduated with a debt of $37,032. A considerable percentage of students, 62% to be precise, graduated in debt. This is higher than the average of other programs.
- Interestingly, only 25% of the students were sponsored by their employees.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or more is required.
- Work Experience: Work experience of at least four years is required. You will be required to take GMAT or GRE otherwise.
- Language: Standard language exam is required for international students. Option for both TOEFL and IELTS is available. For TOEFL, you will need to score 600 on paper-based or 100 on the internet-based test. In the case of IELTS, you will need a score of 7.0.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of new entrants is 33 years.
- Only six students in the class of 2016-2018 were veterans or active service members
- The student body has an almost equal gender division of 50.4% male and 49.6% female students.
- The average alumni of this program found employment within their first year of graduation. The median salary stood at $70,722 annually.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- Candidates are given the opportunity to choose between GMAT or GRE.
- Score reports of more than five years old are not accepted.
- For GMAT, a score of 500 or more is preferred. For GRE, over 140 is the preferred score.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates that hold an advanced degree (Master’s and above).
- GMAT may also be waived for candidates with four years of professional work experience.
- Applications for admission can be submitted through the “Self Service Center” on the official website of Florida Atlantic University.
- To start, visit the link above and create an account. You will need to enter a username, password and email address for verification.
- Once you are registered, clear instructions will be provided by the system. Read through each step and carefully enter all the necessary information.
- You will be required to make payment against the non-refundable application fee of $30. The cost is the same for both domestic and international students. You can make the payment online through your credit card.
- Once everything is completed successfully, your application will be submitted to the admissions department. You will be contacted once a decision on your application has been made. However, there are no set deadlines for it.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply before the 21st of July to join the program for the Fall Semester. The purpose of this grace period of one month is to allow ample time for verifying any foreign documents. The fall 2018 classes begin on the 21st of August.
- In the class 2016-2017, 247 candidates applied for the FAU Online MBA program. Out of those, 168 were selected for enrollment. This works out to an acceptance rate of 68%, which is relatively lower than most other programs.
- The FAU College of Business is proud to be an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the premier accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 42 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can GMAT be waived?
Ans: Candidates that hold an advanced degree (Master’s or above) in any field can apply for a GMAT waiver. The same privilege is also available for those who have a minimum of 4 years of work experience.
Q 2: Can I apply for two online degree programs at the same time?
Ans: Candidates may apply for multiple online degree programs consecutively. However, the application procedure remains the same for each program. As such, you will be required to complete two (or more) separate applications.
Q 3: I took GMAT 6 years ago. Will I have to retake it?
Ans: GMAT reports are only valid for five years. Reports older than five years are not accepted.
- Executive Education Admissions
- 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431
- phone: (561) 297-6000
- fax: (561) 297-2179
Other Articles You Might Like
- Stevens’ School of Business Online MBA
- Umass Lowell Online MBA
- University of Denver Online MBA
- Boise State University Online MBA
- LSU Flores Online MBA