Fowler College of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Fowler College of Business MBA program helps students accelerate their progress towards a successful career. The program is taught in Southern California, so you will get to study in a dynamic region.
- The Fowler College of Business MBA program helps students achieve their ambitious goals. The students are encouraged to stay motivated throughout the program.
- Passion for work is the key to success, therefore passionate students are mostly admitted to the MBA program at Fowler.
- Practical learning is the basic requirement for getting to know what real-life business experience feels like. Hence, students are assigned different real-world business-related projects that help them build connections in the business market.
- Every year students graduate from the Fowler College of Business and most of them get employed to their ideal jobs. Students continuing their previous jobs get an increase in their salary.
- The program is AACSB accredited.
List of Courses Offered
At the Fowler College of Business, the MBA program is consists of written reports, projects, presentations and etc. The program teaches students about general information about the business world and offers them a chance to specialize in their own perspective fields. The MBA program is made up of the following three main courses:
- BA 624 Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- BA 625 Financial and Management Accounting
- BA 626 Business Economics
- BA 628 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- BA 623 Statistical Analysis
- BA 629 Financial Management
- BA 627 Marketing
Business Strategy Course
- BA 630 Business Strategy
Electives for Specialization
- MBA Entrepreneurship Specialization
- MBA Finance Specialization
- MBA Accounting Specialization
- MBA Information Systems Specialization
- MBA Health Services Administration Specialization
- Students complete the MBA degree in different time periods. Some students can complete the entire MBA program within 18 months while some take 2 years to complete their degree.
- At the Fowler College of Business, residents of California have to pay $15,402 per academic year for tuition. While residents of other states have to pay $24,906 per academic year for tuition.
- Academic background: At the Fowler College of Business, all students applying for the MBA program must have an undergraduate degree (in any discipline) from an accredited university.
- Work Experience: A professional work resume is not a requirement at the Fowler College of Business. However, a work resume with 2 years of full-time work experience can significantly enhance the chances of approval of your application.
- Language: At the Fowler College of Business, international applicants applying to the MBA program must prove that they are competent in English. Therefore, they must submit an English language test score. The Fowler College of Business accepts a score in Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- The San Diego State University, Fowler College of Business is accredited by the AACSB, an international accreditation body for business schools all over the world.
- Fowler College of Business has been ranked#86 for MBA program rankings by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Fowler College of Business has been ranked#10 for MBA With The Most Financial Value at Graduation rankings by U.S News & World Report.
- Fowler College of Business has been ranked#20 for MBA for Vets rankings by Military Times.
- GMAT or GRE score must be submitted to the university by all applicants of the MBA program. Applications without a GMAT/GRE score are ignored and rejected.
- The average bachelor’s GPA of students of the upcoming MBA class is 3.42.
- Students admitted to the MBA program have an average GMAT score of 621.
- There are about 24% of international students admitted to the MBA program each year.
- The average age of the applicants admitted to the MBA program is 27 years.
- Quite a lot of students of the MBA program have work experience prior to their enrollment to the MBA class. The average work experience of students enrolled in the MBA program is 3 years.
- At the Fowler College of Business, all students enrolled in the MBA program are eligible for financial aid.
- Scholarships are awarded to students who have shown both leadership skills & passion towards their career.
- For more information about financial aid, visit their official page.
- Read about the application guidelines on this page.
- For applying to the MBA program at the Fowler College of Business, visit this page.
- Now, select the term for which you want to apply.
- Now, click on “Create an Account” option.
- Enter some basic information about yourself to create your account.
- Log in to your account to submit the admission application
- Make sure that you follow the application guidelines mentioned on their official page.
The deadlines for the priority application timelines are mentioned below:
- The final date for the submission of the application for the Winter term is 30th June 2018.
- The final date for the submission of the application for the Spring term is 31st August 2018.
- The final date for the submission of the application for the Fall term is 15th December 2018.
- The Fowler College of Business has a moderate acceptance rate. Students applying for the MBA program should expect some competition as only 32% of the total applicants of the MBA program get accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What are the minimum score requirements for the GMAT/GRE?
Ans: All applicants must submit a GMAT/GRE score. However, there is no minimum score required for the GMAT/GRE.
Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?
Ans: All international applicants are required to submit a score in TOEFL/IELTS.
Q 3: At the Fowler College of Business, what is the average GPA of applicants?
Ans: The average GPA of admitted applicants of the MBA program is 3.42.
Q 4: At the Fowler College of Business, what is the average GMAT score of students?
Ans: The average GMAT score of students enrolled in the MBA class is 621.
- SDSU Fowler College of Business
- 5500 Campanile Drive
- San Diego, CA 92182-8230
- Phone: (619) 594-8073
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Eller College of Management MBA
- Philip Saunders College of Business MBA
- E.J. Ourso College of Business MBA
- E.Claiborne Robins School of Business MBA
- Donald W. Maine College of Business MBA