Online MBA Scholarships for Graduates
|University of Virginia||Need Based, Upto $35,000|
|University of Pennsylvania||Merit Based|
|Duke University||Merit Based, Maximum $70,000|
|Georgetown University||Merit Based, $15,000|
|University of the people||Merit Based|
|New York University||Merit Based|
|University of Kansas||Merit Based|
|Berkeley Haas||Merit & Need based|
|University of Southern California||Full Scholarship Merit Based|
Quick Links for Reference
- University of Virginia
- University of Pennsylvania
- Duke University
- Georgetown University
- University of The People
- New York University of Business and Technology
- University of Kansas
- Berkeley Haas
- University of Southern California
- Related Post
Earning an online MBA degree would place you ahead of other graduates in the workplace. However, it costs several thousand dollars to earn it. Thankfully, some universities across the United States offer deserving students an opportunity to complete their MBA program through scholarships.
These universities are duly approved by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and accredited by the relevant agencies in their regions.
Let’s get started:
1. University of Virginia – Darden School of Business
- The University of Virginia is a great university with a flexible scholarship package for online MBA students. The school offers an all-inclusive scholarship to both on-campus and online students. Plus, the scholarship covers tuition and reading materials.
- On average, the total amount offered to deserving online MBA students is about $35,000 for each academic session.
- The scholarship is awarded on need-basis after calculating the total expenses that would be incurred by deserving students.
2. University of Pennsylvania – Wharton School of Business
- The University of Pennsylvania made our list for a few reasons. Firstly, the school is highly ranked and they have a reputation for groundbreaking academic research. Secondly, the courses are taught by erudite professors and instructors. Distance learning students are also considered for scholarships just like their on-campus counterparts.
- The criteria for selection include students’ background, personal qualities, professional or academic achievement, as well as leadership qualities. There are 6 types of scholarships offered by the university, plus, fellowships offered by 19 companies and foundations. Some of the notable companies are Citigroup, Bain & Company, and Credit Suisse.
3. Duke University – Fuqua School of Business – Durham, North Carolina
- Duke University is a private research university with a reputation for churning out great minds. Every admitted MBA student, whether on-campus or online are considered for merit-based scholarships, also known as the Keller Scholars scheme. The scholarship ranges from full to partial tuition for the 2-year program. The school’s records show that some deserving students have received funding as high as $70,000 each year of the program.
- The selection criteria include extracurricular work, community involvement, academic achievement, leadership qualities, as well as professional accomplishments. The university also helps students who aspire to become entrepreneurs to source for start-up funding after graduation.
4. Georgetown University – McDonough School of Business – Washington, District of Columbia
- Established in 1789, Georgetown University is another great university that provides students with scholarship packages to defray their tuition costs and other academic expenses. Yearly, the university budgets more than $1.5 million for students to leverage on merit-based. Students are selected randomly based on professional accomplishments, academic records, and leadership traits.
- The school also offers financial aid to veterans to enable them to pursue their MBA degree: $15,000 is awarded each year up from the previous $10,000.
5. University of The People
- University of the People also operates merit-based scholarship packages. The MBA program of the school is accredited and 100% online. The program can be completed within 18 months and they offer courses such as marketing management, financial management, strategic decision making, and management, as well as business law.
- To qualify for any of its scholarship packages, the university requires that students must have at least 2 years of work experience, references, as well as proven English proficiency.
6. New York University of Business and Technology (NYUBT)
- The New York University of Business and Technology is another institution to pursue an online MBA degree on scholarship. Online MBA students are expected to take courses such as leadership and entrepreneurship, communication, and marketing.
- The scholarship is merit-based and the criteria for selection include, but not limited to, academic standing, professional achievements, leadership traits, and community involvement.
- The University of Kansas is a public-funded research university. The school has several scholarship packages to enable students to defray their tuition and other sundry costs.
- The scholarships are offered through the school’s Global Engagement Office. Students are selected based on GRE or GMAT performance, Bachelor’s degree class, and professional experiences.
8. Berkeley Haas
- Online MBA students of Berkeley Haas have the opportunity to enjoy both merit and need-based scholarship awards. Students are evaluated based on academic and professional accomplishments, GRE or GMAT scores, and family background.
- Funding is awarded to students after screening their credentials and duly notify them of their admission status. Plus, there are fellowship awards powered by several companies and foundations designed to help students who cannot afford tuition to pursue their dreams of becoming social entrepreneurs.
- Founded in 1880, the University of Southern California ranks high among schools offering students tuition-free scholarships. Although the scholarship is only awarded to a limited number of students, selected students would enjoy a 100% full scholarship for the 2-year program after being notified of their admission status. Students are selected for the scholarship based on their academic performance, professional achievements, and community relations, among other criteria.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Ole Miss Online MBA
- Ivy League Online MBA
- Babson College Online MBA
- CSU College Online MBA
- Baylor University Online MBA
Image Credit: freestocks