Harvard Business School MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Harvard Business School MBA program helps students develop better leadership skills, analytical thinking, and cooperation skills.
- The MBA program offered at the Harvard Business School offers a complex and structured curriculum that helps students develop the required fundamentals of all aspects of the business field.
- The main goal is to help students become leaders in their ideal careers. The students are the decision makers and the faculty helps them reach their destination.
- Teachers and Alumni share their own personal business ventures, this helps students get a better concept of how the complicated business market works.
List of Courses Offered
The curriculum of the MBA program is divided into these two years. The curriculum of the entire MBA program is mentioned below:
Students of the MBA program at the Harvard Business School are offered the following courses in the first year:
- Financial Reporting and Control (FRC)
- Leadership & Organizational Behavior (LEAD)
- Finance 1
- Business, Government, and the International Economy (BGIE)
- The Entrepreneurial Manager (TEM)
- Finance 2
- Leadership and Corporate Accountability (LCA)
- FIELD Global Immersions: Global
- FIELD Foundations
- Short Intensive Programs (SIPs)
- Technology & Operations Management (TOM)
Unlike the first year of the MBA program at the Harvard Business School where students have to complete all the listed courses, in the second year, students get to choose from a wide list of electives.
- The entire MBA program offered at the Harvard Business School can be completed in 2 years.
- The cost of tuition for the MBA program is quite high at the Harvard Business School. All students are required to pay the same amount of $72,000 per academic year for tuition.
- Academic background: You are required to have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Work Experience: Professional work experience is not a requirement for the MBA program at the Harvard Business School.
- Language: International applicants who have completed their bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking university must submit a score in the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)/PTE (Pearson Test of English Academics)/IELTS (International English Language Testing System). These scores are valid for only 2 years. The TOEFL score is only accepted on Internet-Based (IBT) version.
- The Harvard University, Harvard Business School is accredited by the AACSB, an international accreditation body for business schools all over the world.
- Harvard Business School is ranked#1 for Business School (Worldwide) rankings by QS.
- Harvard Business School is ranked#1 for MBA (U.S) rankings by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Harvard Business School is ranked#1 for MBA (U.S) rankings by U.S News & World Report.
- The applicants of the MBA program at the Harvard Business School are required to submit a GMAT/GRE score. In case a GMAT/GRE score is not submitted (Without a GMAT waiver), the application will be denied.
- A lot of students are enrolled in the MBA program every year. For the class of 2020, 930 students have already been enrolled in the MBA class.
- Students from 69 different countries will be studying in the class of 2020.
- Students of the MBA program have an extraordinarily high average GPA of 3.71.
- The average age of the admitted applicants to the MBA program is 27 years.
- The median GMAT score of the students in the MBA class is 730.
- At the Harvard Business School, all students are eligible for a scholarship.
- Fellowships are also awarded to the best students. These fellowships are merit-based and are only awarded to students with a high academic profile.
- Loans are also available to be borrowed by students.
- You can apply online to the Harvard Business School by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, (If you already don’t have an account) click on “Create an account”.
- Now, enter your email address, first name, last name, and all the other required information.
- Once your account has been created, log in to your account.
- Now, submit your application following the application guidelines and instructions.
Application deadlines for the class of 2022 are mentioned below:
- For Round No. 1, the deadline for the application is 5 September 2018.
- For Round No. 2, the deadline for the application is 4 January 2019
- For 2+2 applicants, the deadline for the application is 9 April 2019.
- The chances of getting accepted to the MBA program at the Harvard Business School are very small. There is a lot of competition and only students with the best application material are accepted. Last year, the acceptance rate was extremely low at only 11%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How many applications does the Harvard Business School receive per year?
Ans: The Harvard Business School receives a lot of applications every year. Last year, the Harvard Business School received over 4,000 applications.
Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements at the Harvard Business School?
Ans: The international applicants are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). You can take the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) instead of the TOEFL.
Q 3: What is the average GPA & GMAT score of students enrolled in the MBA class at the Harvard Business School?
Ans: The average GPA of students enrolled in the Harvard Business School if 3.71 and the average GMAT score is 730.
- MBA Admissions
- Harvard Business School
- Dillon House
- Boston, MA 02163
- Phone: 1.617.495.6128
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- MIT Sloan MBA
- Frank G. Zarb MBA
- Weatherhead MBA
- Darden School of Business MBA
- Kelly School of Business MBA