Online MBA Cost Comparison
- Average Online MBA Tuition Cost
- Other Fees To Look Out For
- Related Post
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
Let’s face it; earning an online MBA is an investment that would cost you both time and money. An online MBA is not as expensive as most people think; yet, the investment will surely pay off after graduation. If you are seeking to know the average cost of an online MBA, then this article was curated with you in mind.
The cost of earning an MBA degree varies across the United States depending on the type of university (whether it is privately or publicly owned), the school’s reputation, accreditation status, as well as the type of online MBA program (whether accelerated or flexible program).
Regardless of the program you finally settle for, ensure you choose a university that is recognized by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and regionally accredited by relevant agencies.
To help you make an informed decision, this article will focus on the top MBA programs and their respective tuition costs.
Average Online MBA Tuition Cost
The table below shows the average tuition of earning an online MBA degree. The cost is estimated between 48 and 63 credit hours.
|Online MBA Universities||Tuition Cost|
|University of North Carolina||$115,578.36|
|Arizona State University||$60,500|
|University of Florida||$58,000|
|North Carolina State University||$74,555.20|
|Carnegie Mellon University||$115,000|
|University of Maryland||$89,102|
|University of Southern California||$108,595|
|University of Texas-Dallas||$49,531-$84016|
|University of Massachusetts – Amherst||$35,288|
|University of Minnesota||$78,575|
|Pennsylvania State University||$56,880|
|University of Wisconsin-Madison||$26,000|
|James Madison University||$37,800|
|University of Miami||$84,320|
|George Washington University||$97,957|
|Ball State University||$18,300|
|University of Nebraska – Lincoln||$30,240|
|University of Utah||$58,800|
|University of the Cumberlands||$9,900|
|Washington State University||$27,891|
|University of Delaware||$39,600|
|University of Southern Mississippi||$19,092|
|Oklahoma State University||$20,000|
|University Of South Florida||$32,664|
|University of Tennessee||$21,546|
|University of Arizona||$45,000|
|The University of Nevada, Reno||$30,000|
|University of North Dakota||$19,152|
|West Texas A&M University||$14,400|
|Colorado State University||$51,700|
|Florida Atlantic University||$32,000|
|Stevens Institute of Technology||$68,988|
|University of Denver||$63,360|
|Boise State University||$36,750|
|Louisiana State University||$46,000|
|Central Michigan University||$22,000|
|Southern illinois University||$35,868|
|University of Colorado||$30,000|
|Drexel Online MBA Tuition, Concentration, Fees, requirements||$65,000|
|University of Cincinnati||$14,533|
|University of Kansas||$35,700|
|Old Dominion University||$20,920|
|University of Michigan Dearborn||$56,448|
|Cleveland State University||$35,000|
|Arkansas State University||$16,470|
|Abilene Christian University||$25,200|
|Albertus Magnus College||$43,296|
|American InterContinental University||$27,936|
|Anderson University, Indiana||$20,905|
|Anderson University, South Carolina||$16,020|
|Angelo State University||$18,870|
|Baylor University (Hankamer)||$51,264|
|California Baptist University||$24,000|
|California State University–Dominguez Hills||$16,401|
|California State University–San Bernardino||$36,000|
|California State University–Stanislaus||$27,600|
|California University of Pennsylvania||$27,864|
|Cardinal Stritch University||$23,400|
|City University of Seattle||$43,248|
|Clarion University of Pennsylvania||$23,073|
|Colorado Christian University||$21,645|
Other Fees To Look Out For
In addition to the above tuition fees, the following are some common fees you will likely encounter in your journey to earning an online MBA.
- Application Fee: During the application process, most universities levy what is known as an application fee. Application fee varies, but on average, it costs around $65-$75
- Registration Fee: This fee is charged every semester to register students. On average, the registration fee for most universities is $47.
- Technology Fee: This fee is payable every semester to cover for the maintenance of technology services such as online course management systems, email, internet access, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Antivirus Software, a recent operating system, speakers or headphones, microphones, printers, webcams, and DVD players. It varies and cost between $75-250
- Deposit Fee: This fee is non-refundable and payable at the beginning of a session. It typically costs around $1,000.
- Books And Other Materials Costs: Some universities include the cost of textbooks and other learning materials in the tuition fees; others may require students to purchase their learning materials. For instance, Temple University requires students to spend about $100 in the purchase of textbooks.
- Residence Program Expenses: Although classes, coursework, and assignments are done online, some universities require that students attend workshop programs or on-campus residency, which in most cases span between 3 to 7 days. For instance, Penn State doesn’t charge for residency and meal, but they don’t provide transportation.
- Global Immersion Experiences: Many universities offer online MBA students global immersion experiences, like a trip abroad to network or interact with captains of industries. For instance, the University of Florida charges students an average of $4,400 to cover transportation, accommodation, and meal.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Other Articles You Might Like
- GWU Online MBA
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Online MBA
- CU San Bernardino Online MBA
- CBU Online MBA
- Belhaven University Online MBA
Image Credit: Kelly Sikkema