Kogod School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Kogod School of Business MBA program is targeted to be completed within a time period of 2 years. The main goal of the MBA program is to help students understand the complex problems in the business market.
- At Kogod School of Business, you will get to learn from expert teachers all of whom have previous professional work experience in various fields of the business market.
- You will get to learn how to analyze and work on a large set of date. Every small topic related to your course will be discussed in depth.
- Your learnings will be applied practically through real-world projects that will create future business opportunities for you.
List of Courses Offered
The entire MBA program is made up of a total of 49 credit hours divided into the core courses and electives.
- IBUS-618 Manager in the International Economy
- ITEC-610 Applied Managerial Statistics
- ACCT-607 Financial Accounting
- FIN-614 Financial Management
- ITEC-617 Information and Technology
- MGMT-609 Management of Organizations and Human Capital
- MKTG-612 Marketing Management
- ITEC-618 Applied Production and Operations Management
- KSB-609 Business at the Private-Public Intersection
- KSB-653 Business Leadership and Skills Workshop
Elective courses are offered in the following concentrations:
- Business Process Analysis
- Strategic Human Capital Management
- Project Management
- Negotiations Strategy and Tactics
- Management Accounting
- Leading and Managing Change
- Management Consulting Practices and Methodologies
- The entire MBA program offered at the Kogod School of Business is targeted to be completed in 2 years.
- At Kogod School of Business, all students have to pay the same amount of money for tuition. The cost of tuition for the entire MBA program is $83,692.
- Academic background: All applicants must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- Work Experience: Almost all the students of the MBA class have some professional work experience but students are not required to have previous work experience in order to be admitted to the MBA program.
- Language: International applicants of the MBA program are required to provide proof of proficiency in English. Therefore, all international applicants must submit a score in an English language test. The Kogod School of Business accepts a score in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- The American University, Kogod School of Business is a proud accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Kogod School of Business was ranked#29 for Full-Time MBA by Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Kogod School of Business was ranked #61 for Full-Time MBA by U.S. News & World Report.
- Kogod School of Business was ranked #29 for Full-Time MBA by Forbes.
- Some applicants of the MBA program are required to submit a score in GMAT/GRE while most students are not required to submit a score in the GMAT/GRE. The GMAT or GRE score must be within the past 5 years or your score in either of the two will not be accepted.
- The average age of the successful applicants of the MBA program is 31 years.
- The students of the MBA class have a lot of work experience prior to being enrolled in the MBA program. As students of the MBA class have an average work experience of 6 years.
- The MBA class size is quite large as over a hundred students are enrolled in the MBA program every year.
- The average GPA of the students admitted to the MBA program is 3.25.
- At the Kogod School of Business, all applicants are considered for scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships.
- The scholarships are merit-based and are awarded to students with high academic profiles.
- Assistantships are awarded to passionate students who are willing to put in extra hours.
- You can apply to the Kogod School of Business online by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, fill in the required information to create your account.
- Once your account has been created, log in to your account.
- Now, submit your application along with all the required material.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will be then contacted by the official Kogod team.
Application deadlines are stated below:
- The last date for the submission of the admission application for Timeline No. 1 is Nov 15, 2018.
- The last date for the submission of the admission application for Timeline No. 2 is Jan 15, 2019.
- The last date for the submission of the admission application for Timeline No. 3 is Mar 15, 2019.
- The last date for the submission of the admission application for Timeline No. 4 is May 15, 2019.
- The last date for the submission of the admission application for Timeline No. 5 is July 1, 2019.
- It is very easy to get admitted to the MBA program at Kogod School of Business. 3 out of every 4 applicants of the MBA program get accepted. The acceptance rate in the last academic year was 74%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Why does the Kogod School of Business not require a GMAT/GRE score?
Ans: At the Kogod School of Business, the admission team is looking to get passionate business personals into the MBA class. That is why the GMAT/GRE score is not given the same importance as it is given by most universities.
Q 2: What are the additional requirements for international applicants?
Ans: All international applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree from a non-English speaking university are required to take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Q 3: What is the average GPA of students enrolled in the MBA class?
Ans: The average GPA of students enrolled in the MBA class is 3.25.
Q 4: Is financial aid available for students?
Ans: Yes, at Kogod School of Business, all students are eligible for financial assistance.
- KSB – Kogod School of Business
- 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
- Washington, DC 20016
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 202-885-1913
Other Articles You Might Like
- Krannert School MBA
- Richard T. Farmer Business School MBA
- Sam M. Walton College of Business MBA
- Stanford Business School MBA
- Fuqua School of Business MBA