University of Kansas School of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The University of Kansas School of Business Online MBA program prepares its students for the challenges of the modern marketplace. The skills and knowledge they gain aims at preparing them for the path towards becoming a global leader.
- The AACSB accredited program is taught by the same dedicated and professional faculty as on-campus. In the path to becoming a global leader the university equips students with a piece of in-depth and comprehensive knowledge in the fields of business and professional environments.
- The program offers courses in core subjects of business and focuses area courses that allow students to specialize in one area.
- The university programs also aim to accommodate the schedules of working professionals allowing them to grow in their careers through the skills and knowledge gained in the online MBA program.
- With a network of over 25.000 alumni students, there is an opportunity to network and grow within your program. Many students have used these new connections to enhance and grow their career.
List of Courses Offered
In order to graduate and complete the program, students are required to complete 10 core business courses and four focus area courses. There are three focus areas with different courses. These include:
- Management and Leadership
The core courses include the following classes:
- Business Law and Ethics
- International Business
Courses available in the three focus areas are:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Leadership Philosophy and Practice
- Managing Internationally
- Consumer Behavior
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- The flexibility of the program allows enrolled students to create their own pace. Typically the program target time for graduating in 2.5 years.
- The cost to enroll in the online MBA program is $850 per credit hour, considering that there are a possible 42 credit hours the total cost of the program is $35,700.
- This may be subject to change depending on the decision of the university. The university offers some financial aid to make it more affordable for students.
- Financial aid typically is available in the form of grants, scholarships, and loans. To be eligible for any of the financial aid benefits students must submit the FAFSA form. Financial aid is also offered to veterans through the GI Bill.
- Academic background: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent with a preferred GPA of 3.0 and higher
- Work Experience: Two or more years of working experience are preferred
- Language: TOEFL Scores are required. Minimum TOEFL Internet-Based Test (iBT) score is 90.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- Around 92% of enrolled students are employed when first enrolled.
- The gender distribution is predominantly male with 67.9% male and 33.1% female.
- International and minority students comprise 17% of newly enrolled students
- The average age of newly enrolled students is 33 years
- 50% of full-time graduates are employed at graduation with an average base salary of $59,375
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT or GRE Scores are required unless waivered from the university to qualified candidates who requested a waiver.
- Average GMAT Score is 556
- The average GRE Score is with the following breakdown: 154 verbal; 156 quantitative; 4.2 analytical writing
- The university offers GMAT waivers to qualified candidates whose academic records and professional work experience demonstrate a high level of quantitative and analytical skill. GMAT waiver requests must be in writing and include supporting evidence for the request, such as J.D., M.D. or Ph.D. degree; significant professional leadership experience. At least seven years in a professional, managerial role; Evidence of quantitative and analytical reasoning.
- To apply to the online MBA program students must complete the online application.
- They must also provide a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent with a preferred GPA of 3.0 and higher.
- GMAT Scores unless waivered from the university.
- A current resume or CV, two years or more of work experience is considered when the application is reviewed.
- Three letters of recommendation, and a personal statement or statement of intent.
- There is also an application fee of $65 for residents and $85 for international applicants.
- TOEFL is also required for all international students.
- The application is on a rolling base. For domestic students, the deadline to apply is June 1st while international students need to apply by May 1st.
- Out of 200 applicants, 146 were accepted with 129 new entrants. This gives the school and acceptance rate of 73%.
- The online MBA program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools ofBusiness (AACSB), which is the highest accreditation for MBA programs in the United States and is offered to fewer than five percent of the world’s business programs.
Reviews and Ranking
- The MBA program is accredited by the prestigious AACSB accreditation.
- USNews ranked it #73 in best business schools
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is campus study better or more valued than online?
Ans: Hiring managers are typically more concerned about the reputation of the school than the way an MBA degree is earned.4 Accredited schools like the University of Kansas School of Business uphold a strong reputation among online MBA programs.
Q 2: What is an online MBA course like?
Ans: Online MBA programs provide the same educational content that is taught in a classroom setting but additional benefits like always-on access to course work, quick responses from instructors, classmate discussion groups, instant progress tracking and much more.
Q 3: How will an online MBA benefit my career?
Ans: Obtaining an MBA online can result in numerous professional opportunities. Many graduates find they can apply for higher positions than they could previously, are able to more confidently ask for a pay raise or more responsibility at their current jobs, or are able to obtain more desirable positions at the companies they want to work for. Employers don’t typically look at how the degree was obtained but rather the reputation of the institution from which it is obtained.
Q 4: Does the school offer benefits for veterans?
Ans: The university is a military friendly school and it offers financial aid through the GI Bill. It has been voted as the best school for veterans by military times in 2016.
- KU School of Business
- Capitol Federal Hall
- 1654 Naismith Drive
- Lawrence, Kansas 66045
- Director of admissions: Jinae Krieshok
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Old Dominion University Online MBA
- Samford University Online MBA
- Tennessee Tech University Online MBA
- University of Michigan Dearborn Online MBA
- Cleveland State University Online MBA