Louisiana State University Flores Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The LSU Flores MBA Program is the perfect opportunity for professionals looking to work full-time while studying from home. The program has been very successful at attracting bright minds from all over the world; owing to its gold standard of national and international rankings.
- The program is offered 100% online, with lectures prepared by the same on-campus faculty. With a strong emphasis on flexibility, the program can be completed in anywhere between 18 months to 5 years. You can earn your Master’s in Business Administration on your own terms at the LSU Flores.
- The AACSB-accreditation further adds to its reputation. Graduating from this program will make you a part of the alumni family of more than 25,000 members worldwide.
List of Courses Offered
You will need to complete a total of 42 credit hours to earn your degree. The program is divided between 33 credit hours of core and 9 credit hours of elective courses. An MBA Program advisor will guide you during the selection of elective classes.
The following list contains all the core courses on offer(worth 3 credit hours each):
- Managerial Statistics
- Understanding Financial Information
- Information Systems
- Elements of Cost Management
- Understanding Behavior in Organizations
- Financial Management
- Marketing Administration
- Operations Management
- Legal Environment of Business
- Managing Sources of Competitive Advantage
- Economic Environment of the Firm
Following is a list of all the elective courses available:
- Understanding International Management Challenges
- Project Management
- Negotiation, Persuasion, and Influence
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics
Any student that fails to maintain a cumulative GPA of less than 3.0 will be placed on Academic Probation or altogether dropped from the Graduate School.
- The entire program can be completed as early as 18 months. However, the most frequent duration for new students to graduate is two and a half years.
- As is the case with all online programs, you can complete it at your own pace – from anywhere between 18 months to 5 years.
- The cost per credit hour is $1,100 for both domestic and international students. This works out to a total cost of around $46,000 for the entire duration of the program.
- The cost is higher than most of the other online degrees. Financial aid is available for all students, domestic or otherwise.
- Academic background: Candidates are expected to hold a Bachelor’s degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is necessary.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 3 years of work experience is required. You will also be required to submit a copy of your professional work resume.
- Language: Candidates with English as a second language are required to take a standardized language test. You have the option to choose between TOEFL and IELTS. For TOEFL, a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based or 213 on the internet-based exam is required. As for the IELTS, the minimum score is set at 6.5. The option for exemption from these exams is also available for qualifying applicants.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of new entrants is between 27-37 years.
- The average candidate has professional work experience of 3 years.
- The average GPA is 3.4.
- Majority of the alumni of this program found employment within their first year of graduation. The average starting salary is $81,000 annually.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is only required for candidates that don’t meet the GPA or work experience requirement.
- GMAT score report must not be older than 5 years.
- While there is no set minimum, a GPA score of over 500 is preferred.
- Applications for online admission can be submitted through the official website of LSU at https://lsuonline.lsu.edu/apply.aspx.
- Create a Student Login ID through the above URL. You will need to enter your name, email address and a password for the account. You should also select the Master of Business Administration option from the list of available degrees.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions presented on your screen after a successful registration. Always make sure to enter all the information correctly. The option to change any data may not be available later.
- Once your application is complete, you will be prompted to pay the application fee. It is $50 for U.S. citizens and $70 for everyone else. Multiple online payment options are available.
- After successful payment, your application will be forwarded to the relevant department. If there is any progress on your application or any further information is required, the admissions department will contact you.
The LSU Flores offers many entry points into the program. You can submit your application by any of the following dates:
- 18th of December, 2018
- 12th of February, 2019
- 9th of April, 2019
- 2nd of June, 2019
- 30th of July, 2019
- 24th of September, 2019
- The Louisiana State University Flores has not published any statistics on the number of applicants or the acceptance rate. You may email to gather any further information on this.
- LSU Flores MBA program is AACSB accredited program.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 38 among all national public colleges and universities by U.S. News & World Report.
- LSU’s online MBA was ranked #10 among all southern schools by the Online MBA Report.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I avoid taking the GMAT exam?
Ans: Only candidates that don’t meet the minimum GPA or work requirements have to take the GMAT exam. If you do well in either of those departments, you can avoid the GMAT exam.
Q 2: Is work experience mandatory?
Ans: Although work experience is preferred, candidates with no work experience are still considered. In fact, a considerable percentage of candidates joined the program immediately upon graduation from an undergraduate program.
Q 3: Can students outside of U.S. earn a graduate degree from LSU Flores?
Ans: All students, regardless of geographical location, can apply for the program. However, your admission depends entirely on your own abilities and past performance.
Q 4: What is the earliest I can get my degree?
Ans: You may complete the program as early as 18 months. However, most students tend to opt for 3 years of schedule.
- LSU Online
- E. J. Ourso College of Business
- 4000 Business Education Complex
- 501 South Quad Drive
- Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Telephone: 225-578-3211
- Fax: 225-578-5277
- [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- LSU Shreveport Online MBA
- Missouri S&T Online MBA
- Central Michigan University Online MBA
- Creighton Heider college Online MBA
- SIU College of Business Online MBA