Louisiana State University Shreveport Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The LSU Shreveport online MBA program is the perfect opportunity for any professionals looking to advance their career without incurring massive debt. Ranked as one of the most affordable universities in the nation, Louisiana State University is making the online graduate program a dream-come-true for many.
- With the state-of-the-art technology at its core, the program is taught by some of the most talented faculty in the world. These are experts with published research working in their respective fields.
- The AACSB-accredited program can be completed entirely online – with no need to set foot on campus at any point of your studies. The online facility in combination with affordable pricing is making the Masters in Business Administration degree accessible to people who couldn’t otherwise afford it. The number of annual applicants is a testament to this fact.
List of Courses Offered
The total program is only 30 credit hours, which makes it one of the shortest online MBA curriculums. It is divided into two parts: core and elective courses.
The core classes are worth 3 credit hours each for a combined total of 21 credit hours. Following is the list of all 7 core courses:
- Managerial Use of Accounting Data
- Economic Analysis for Management
- Financial Management
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Strategy
- Organizational Strategy and Policies
There are also three elective classes worth 3 credit hours each – the total being 9 credit hours. You must choose 3 elective courses from the following list:
- Process Improvement
- International Experience
- Strategic Management of Human Capital
- Labor and Employment Law
- Leadership Communication
- Casino and Resort Management
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Creativity
- Small Business and Family Enterprise
- International Business
- Hospitality and Casino Marketing
- International Marketing
- Quantitative Methods in Business
- Data Analytics
- Project Management
- Contemporary Investments
- Contemporary Issues in Finance
- Financial Markets and Institution
- The duration of the program depends on your schedule of studies. As such, you can complete the entire program from 18 months to 5 years. However, the median duration of time for new students to graduate is 3 years.
- At $350 per credit hour, the fees are the same for both in and out of state students. It means that you can complete the entire program at a total cost of just $12,474.
- This is significantly lower than almost all other online schools. However, such inexpensive pricing has also made it harder to get accepted into this program.
- Academic background: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum 3.0 overall GPA is required.
- Work Experience: Work experience is required if you have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or below. A minimum of three years of professional work experience is necessary. You must also submit your professional resume.
- Language: Candidates whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL exam. A score of at least 550 on the paper-based or 213 on the computer-based exam is needed.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- International students accounted for 3% of the total student population in the class of 2016-2017.
- The gender distribution is almost equally divided with 51.4% male and 48.6% female students.
- The alumni of this program found employment within their first year of graduation at an average salary of $72,000 annually – a figure higher than most other online programs.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is only mandatory for candidates that don’t meet the GPA or work experience requirements.
- GMAT scores older than 5 years are considered null.
- A minimum score of 450 is required for a successful application.
- GMAT is automatically waived for candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or 3 years of work experience.
- Applications can be submitted through the official website of the LSU Shreveport at https://compass.lsus.edu/FCCSC/student/appselection.jsp.
- 1). Visit the above URL and enter your email address, a password and set a security question for your account.
- 2). Once your account is created, the system will guide you through each step of the process. Enter all the information carefully, as you may not get the option to change anything later.
- 3). Make payment for the application fee of $30. The same amount is required for all students, whether domestic or otherwise. You will have the option to pay online either using your credit card or an electronic check.
- If you followed all the above steps carefully, your application should already be transferred to the admissions department at this point. You will be notified once a decision is made. However, there are no set deadlines.
Following three entry points are available for admission into the program:
- Spring Semester: The last date for submission is the 16th of April.
- Summer Semester: The last date for submission is the 6th of August.
- Fall Semester: The last date for submission is the 1st of October.
- A massive 952 applications were submitted for the class of 2016-2017. Out of those, 853 candidates got accepted into the program. This works out to an excellent acceptance rate of 90%.
- The LSU Shreveport MBA Online is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Only 5% of all business schools worldwide meet the AACSB International’s demanding standards.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked as “one of the affordable universities in the nation” by the U.S. Department of Education in 2011.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is there a minimum score for the GMAT exam?
Ans: You would need to score a minimum of 450 if you failed to satisfy the GPA and work experience criteria.
Q 2: How long will the program take to complete?
Ans: The program can be completed anywhere between 18 months to five years. However, it all depends on your own pace of studies.
Q 3: Can the GMAT exam be waived?
Ans: GMAT is automatically waived for candidates with an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above. Candidates with proven 3 years of work experience also qualify for the same privilege.
Q 4: How much will it cost me to earn my degree?
Ans: You can complete the entire program for just $12,474. This makes it one of the most affordable programs across the U.S.
- Danielle Voumard
- Graduate Program Coordinator
- Business & Education Building
- Room 101A
- One University Place
- Shreveport, LA 71115
- Director of admissions: Tami Knotts
- Admissions Phone: (318) 797-5268
- Admissions email: email@example.com
Other Articles You Might Like
- Missouri S&T Online MBA
- Central Michigan University Online MBA
- Creighton Heider college Online MBA
- SIU College of Business Online MBA
- UCCS College of Business Online MBA