Lucas College and Graduate School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business MBA program is specifically made for students with 5 years of work experience or less.
- You will be provided with detailed guidelines throughout the MBA program. Everything will be discussed in details.
- The program is AACSB accredited.
- All students are given the same importance and everyone is considered important at Lucas College and Graduate School of Business MBA.
List of Courses Offered
The curriculum of the entire Lucas College and Graduate School of Business MBA program is divided into the following two parts:
There are 11 core courses worth a total of 30 credit hours. These core courses must be completed by all applicants. Following is the list of the core courses of the MBA program:
- BUS 210 Developing and Managing People
- BUS 201 Business Communications
- BUS 202 Managing in the Global Economy
- BUS 220 Financial and Managerial Accounting
- BUS 230 Marketing Management
- BUS 250 Law and Ethics
- BUS 280 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- BUS 290 Strategic Thinking
- BUS 260 Managerial Decision Analysis
- BUS 265 Silicon Valley Experience
- BUS 270 Financial Management
All students of the MBA program must complete at least 4 elective courses worth a total of 12 credit hours. Elective courses are being offered in the disciplines stated below:
- Operations Management
- Organizational Development
- Global Business Development
- Entrepreneurship & Venture Development
- Information Systems
- Students have completed the MBA program in 12-36 months.
- At Lucas College and Graduate School of Business, the local residents have to pay $25,000 to $34,000 for the entire MBA program. While out-of-state residents have to pay $41,000 to $50,000 for the entire MBA program.
- Academic background: All applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 from an accredited university.
- Work Experience: All applicants of the MBA program must have some previous work experience.
- Language: At the Lucas College and Graduate School of Business, all international applicants must provide a score in an English language test. The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System) are accepted. The minimum score required for the TOEFL is 80 and the minimum score required for the IELTS is 6.5.
- The San Jose State University, Lucas College and Graduate School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB.
- The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business was ranked #37 for Best Business College in the country by U.S News & World Report.
- The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business was ranked #43 for Best International Business Program by Poets & Quants.
- The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business was ranked #61 for Management Information Systems program by Princeton Review.
- At the Lucas College and Graduate School of Business, all applicants are required to submit a score in the GMAT/GRE. Only the students with a Ph.D. or a GPA of 3.2 with 5 years of managerial work experience are eligible for the GMAT/GRE waiver.
- The enrolled students of the MBA program last year had a great average GPA of 3.23.
- About 56% of the total students of the MBA class are male and the remaining 44% are female students.
- The accepted applicants of the MBA program for the last academic year had an average professional work experience of 3 and a half years.
- The average GMAT score of the students of the MBA program for the last academic year was 632.
- Scholarships and fellowships are being provided to students with above average academic achievements.
- Students who excel in academic achievements are awarded scholarships that pay up to the entire cost of tuition for the MBA program.
- Loans are available to be borrowed by students.
- You can apply to Lucas College and Graduate School of Business online by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, read all the given instructions and guidelines carefully.
- Now, submit your application following the application guidelines.
- The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business will start accepting applications in early June 2019. Deadlines for the submission of the applications have not yet been declared.
- It is very easy to be enrolled in the MBA program offered at the Lucas College and Graduate School of Business. About 63% of the total students got to be enrolled in the MBA program in the last academic year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What are the minimum score requirements for the TOEFL/IELTS?
Ans: A minimum score of 80 is required for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and a minimum score of 6.5 is required for the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Q 2: What is the average GPA of enrolled students of the MBA program?
Ans: The average GPA of successful applicants of the MBA program was 3.23 in the last academic year.
Q 3: What is the average GMAT score of students?
Ans: The average GMAT score of students was 632 in the last academic year.
Q 4: How many years of professional work experience does the average student of the MBA program have before they begin their MBA program?
Ans: The average previous work experience of students is about 3 years.
- San Jose State University
- One Washington Square,
- San Jose, CA 95192
- Phone: 408-924-1000
- You can contact the program administration at this page: Contact Page
Other Articles You Might Like
- Leeds School of Business MBA
- Lally School of Management & Technology MBA
- Krannert School of Management MBA
- Kogod School of Business MBA
- Kenneth W. Monfort College of Business MBA