Martin J. Whitman School of Management MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Martin J. Whitman School of Management MBA program helps you become a problem-solver and analyzer. The MBA program at Martin J. Whitman is an experience that will help you excel in the complex business market.
- Everything that you will get to learn in your class will be put to test practically. You will be solving real-world, complicated business problems that will help in making future opportunities while you’re learning.
- Practical learning will help you to become a leader in the business world. Students are encouraged to think critically and help other fellow students to create a cooperative and productive studying environment.
List of Courses Offered
The curriculum of the MBA program is made up of 54 credit hours in total. These 54 credit hours are divided between the following:
Core Courses (36 Credit Hours):
- Understanding Financial Statements (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Managerial Skills (1.5 Credit Hours)
- IT for Decision Support (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Creating Financial Statements (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Corporate Strategy (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Supply Chain Management (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Global Entrepreneurial Management (3 Credit Hours)
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions(1.5 Credit Hours)
- Opportunity Recognition and Ideation (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Legal & Ethical Aspects of Management (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Behavior in Organizations (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Fundamentals of Financial Management (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Economics of International Business (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Financial Markets & Institutions (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Competitive Strategy (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Operations Management (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Managing the Marketing Mix (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Data Analysis (3 Credit Hours)
- Economic Foundation of Business (1.5 Credit Hours)
- Creating Customer Value (1.5 Credit Hours)
The courses mentioned above are worth 36 credit hours in total, and the remaining credit hours are completed through electives.
- The MBA program at Martin J. Whitman School of Management is targeted to be completed within a time period of 2 years.
- At Martin J. Whitman School of Management, all students have to pay the same amount of money for tuition. The cost of tuition for the MBA program for the first year is $46,770 and $37,416 for the second year.
- Academic background: All students who want to be enrolled in the MBA program must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Work Experience: Previous work experience is preferred but candidates are not required to have any work experience.
- Language: All the international applicants at Martin J. Whitman School of Management must provide an English language test score. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic) are accepted. A minimum score of 100 is required for the TOEFL, a minimum score of 7 for the IELTS, and a minimum score of 68 for PTE.
- The Syracuse University, Martin J. Whitman School of Management is proud to be accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management has been ranked#20 for MBA Programs by The Princeton Review in the year 2017.
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management has been ranked#44 for MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in the year 2016.
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management has been ranked#67 for MBA Programs by Businessweek in the year 2015.
- At Martin J. Whitman School of Management, all students applying for the MBA program must submit a GMAT score. The minimum score required for the GMAT is 600.
- The students of the MBA class had a great average GMAT score of 623 in the last academic year.
- Most of the students of the MBA class already have some previous work experience before starting their MBA program. The average work experience of students was 38 months.
- The students of the MBA class had a high average undergraduate GPA of 3.44.
- The last year graduates of the MBA program at Martin J. Whitman School of Management had an average annual salary of about $75,000.
- All Syracuse scholarships are merit-based scholarships awarded to students every year. All applicants must submit a separate application for this scholarship.
- External scholarships and fellowships are also being awarded to students with a high academic profile.
- Federal Unsubsidized Loans and Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans are also available.
- Read the application guidelines on this page.
- Once you have read the application guidelines then click on this link.
- Now, select the “Create Account” option.
- Now, create your account by filling in the required information.
- Log in to your newly created account to submit your application.
- Make sure that you follow the application guidelines.
- Application deadline for Round 1 is November 30.
- Application deadline for Round 2 is January 15.
- Application deadline for Round 3 is March 1.
- Application deadline for Round 4 is April 19.
- The acceptance rate of the MBA program at Martin J. Whitman School of Management is 36%. It is quite easy to get enrolled in the MBA class if you have above average academic achievements. Otherwise, quality professional work experience can increase the chances of your application being accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Are all applicants required to take the GMAT?
Ans: Yes, all applicants of the MBA program must submit a GMAT score. A minimum GMAT score of 600 is required.
Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?
Ans: Only international students are required to take the TOEFL/IELTS/PTE. The minimum score requirements for the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE are 100, 7, 68 respectively.
Q 3: What is the average GPA of applicants at Martin J. Whitman School of Management?
Ans: The average GPA of admitted applicants is 3.44 at Martin J. Whitman School of Management.
.Q 4: Is financial aid available for all students?
Ans: Yes, all students can apply for financial aid.
Q 5: What is the average GMAT score of students?
Ans: The average GMAT score of students at Martin J. Whitman School of Management is 623.
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management
- Syracuse University
- 721 University Avenue
- Syracuse, NY 13244-2450
- Phone: (315) 443-3751
- Contact Page
Other Articles You Might Like
- Marshall School of Business MBA
- Lundy-Fetterman School of Business MBA
- Lucas College and School of Business MBA
- Leeds School of Business MBA
- Lally School of Management & Technology MBA