Mays Business School MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Mays Business School MBA program has been described by many as an experience which results in a total professional transformation of students.
- The main emphasis of the MBA program is to create leaders. The faculty will help you achieve a great career.
- The faculty is determined to know everything about you in order to help you reach your desired destination.
- You will get access to the Aggie Network which currently has over 400,000 members.
List of Courses Offered
Following are the courses offered in these 2 years:
The entire list of courses offered in the first year at Mays Business School is stated below:
- Business Analytics (SCMT 610)
- Microfoundations of Business Behavior (MGMT 611)
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 610)
- Finance for the Professional I (FINC 612)
- Marketing Management (MKTG 613)
- Business Communication (BUAD 620)
- Operations Management (SCMT 614)
- Leading People in Organizations (MGMT 614)
- International Business Policy (MGMT 689)
- Finance for the Professional II (FINC 613)
- Management Accounting and Control (ACCT 620)
- Strategic Management and Negotiations (MGMT 618)
- Business Communications (BUAD 620)
You also get to choose 1 from the following electives:
- Services Marketing (MKTG 673)
- Supply Chain Management (SCMT 616)
- Investment Management (FINC 632)
The courses offered in the second year at the Mays Business School MBA program are much less than the number of courses offered during the first year. Following is the list of courses of the second year:
- Individual Leadership Development (BUAD 679)
- Capstone Consulting Project (BUAD 693)
- Two Degree-Track Electives
- Supply Chain Management
- Entrepreneurship and Technology Commercialization
- The curriculum of the MBA program offered at Mays Business School is targeted to be completed within 2 years.
- At Mays Business School, the cost of tuition is not the same for local residents and residents of other states. As Texas residents have to pay about $21,500 per 20 credit hours while residents of other states have to pay about $31,500 for the same amount of credit hours.
- Academic background: All applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university. A GPA score of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Work Experience: All applicants must have previous professional work experience. A minimum work experience (Managerial) of 2 years is required.
- Language: At Mays Business School, all international applicants must provide proof of proficiency in the English language. Mays accepts a score in both the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) and TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- The Texas A&M University, Mays Business School is accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Mays Business School was ranked#25 in the Faculty Scholarship in the U.S by Financial Times.
- Mays Business School was ranked#50 for their Full-Time MBA program in the U.S by Financial Times.
- Mays Business School was ranked#7 for their Full-Time MBA program in the U.S by Forbes.
- Every applicant who wants to be enrolled in the MBA program at Mays Business School must submit a score in either the GMAT or GRE.
- The size of the MBA class at Mays Business School is normal. The current MBA class has 69 enrolled students.
- The average GMAT score of the admitted applicants is great at 643 and the average GRE score is 309.
- The students enrolled in the MBA program of the last academic year had an average GPA of 3.33.
- Students of the MBA program have an average work experience of about 5.17 years. So, each student can contribute their personal experiences in the business market, thus creating a dynamic studying environment.
- At Mays Business School, Fellowships and Scholarships are provided to the best of students every year.
- Everyone is automatically considered for a scholarship meaning that no separate scholarship application is required.
- The Graduate Diversity Fellowship is awarded to students who have great academic achievements in a diverse environment. These scholarships are very hard to gain. The Graduate Diversity Fellowship pays a minimum of $50,000 for your 2-year stay at the MBA program. Residents from all states are eligible for this fellowship.
- You can apply online by using this link.
- After opening the link given above, click on “Create Account” on the left side of the “User Login” option.
- Now, create your account by filling all the required information.
- Now, you can submit your application along with all the required material.
- After your application has been successfully submitted, you will be then given updates by the official Mays team.
The last dates for the submission of applications are stated below:
- Timeline No. 1: October 17, 2018
- Timeline No. 2: January 9, 2019
- Timeline No. 3 (This is the final deadline for all international applicants): March 6, 2019
- Timeline No. 4 (This is the final deadline for national residents): April 17, 2019
- The chances of being enrolled in the MBA program offered at Mays Business School are fairly moderate. The acceptance rate for the MBA class of last academic year was 34%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Must all applicants submit a GMAT/GRE score?
Ans: Yes, it is a requirement at Mays Business School that all applicants must submit a score in the GMAT or GRE.
Q 2: Can veterans get a waiver for the application fee?
Ans: Applicants are charged with an application fee of about $60. However, veterans can apply for getting a waiver for the application fee.
Q 3: What is the average GPA of the successful applicants at Mays Business School?
Ans: The average GPA of enrolled students of the MBA program at Mays Business School for the last academic year was 3.34.
- MBA Programs Office
- Wehner Building, Suite 390
- Texas A&M University
- College Station, Texas 77843-4117
- Phone: 979-845-4714
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- John B. Godard MBA
- Michael G. Foster MBA
- Kogod Business School MBA
- Krannert School MBA
- Richard T. Farmer Business School MBA