McDonough School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The McDonough School of Business MBA program offers a great curriculum specifically build for helping students learn by doing practical courses.
- You will be taught about all the complex, real-world & business-related problems and the solutions to these problems will be taught in detailed lectures.
- You will get to hear from the McDonough Alumni who will share their experiences of the business projects that they have worked on or are still working on.
- You will get to apply your learnings practically.
- The McDonough community believes in cooperation and are big believers in sharing success.
List of Courses Offered
The entire curriculum of the MBA program is made up of core courses and electives. The first year at McDonough School of Business is mainly made up of core courses while in the second year you get to choose from a list of electives.
There are a total of 16 core courses which are mentioned below:
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Financial Analysis for Managers and Investors
- Firm Analysis and Strategy
- Financial Markets and Corporate Decision Making
- Structure of Global Industries
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Marketing Analysis & Customer Strategy
- Managerial Statistics
- Managing the Enterprise
- Ethical Leadership
- Global Business Experience
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Leadership and Social Intelligence
- Leadership Communications
- Business and Public Policy in a Global Economy
You can choose from a wide range of electives. Some of these electives (Keep in mind that the following list is not the list of all electives. Also, the list of electives changes every year.) are mentioned below:
- Organizational Design Strategy
- Peer to Peer Economies
- Ready to Launch
- Seed Investment Practicum
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Business Analytics
- Strategic Pricing
- Leading Management Consulting Firms
- Lean Startup Principles
- Managing Corporate Change
- Strategies Beyond the Market
- Performance as Value Creation
- Taxes and Business Strategy
- Advanced Oral Presentations
- Critical Conversations
- Defending the Bottom Line
- Design Thinking and Service Consulting
- Law for Managers
- At McDonough School of Business, the MBA program can be completed in 2 years.
- The cost of tuition at McDonough School of Business does not vary for local residents and residents of other states. All students are required to pay $58,500 per academic year.
- Academic background: An undergraduate degree in any discipline is required.
- Work Experience: All applicants must have some previous work experience.
- Language: International students who have completed their degree from an English speaking university are not required to submit a language test score. The students who have a degree from a non-English speaking university are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS.
- The Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business is proud to be an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- McDonough School of Business was ranked#12 for Top Business Schools in America by Financial Times.
- McDonough School of Business was ranked#17 for Full Time MBA in America by Financial Times.
- McDonough School of Business was ranked#20 for Full TIme MBA in America by Bloomberg Businessweek.
- All students must provide a GMAT score or GRE score in order to be enrolled in the MBA program. A high GMAT score can significantly affect your chances of being accepted and also enhance the chances of getting a scholarship.
- 71% of the students in the MBA class are male students.
- At the McDonough School of Business, about 29% of the MBA class are international students.
- The average GMAT score for the last academic year of the MBA class was very high at 693.
- Enrolled students of the MBA program had a great average GPA score of 3.34 for the last academic year.
- Scholarships are being awarded to the most deserving students.
- These scholarships are merit-based and can cover up to the entire cost of the MBA program.
- Some of the scholarships being awarded to students at McDonough School of Business are mentioned below:
- Georgetown MBA Merit Scholarship
- Hariri Scholarship
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA)
- MilitaryMBA.net Scholarship
- Forté Foundation
- You can apply online to McDonough School of Business by using this link.
- After clicking the link given above, click on “Sign Up”.
- Now, create your account.
- Log in to your account and submit your application with all the required material.
- After your application has been submitted, you will then receive updates about your application from the official McDonough team via email.
The admission application deadlines for the MBA program at McDonough School of Business are mentioned below:
- Round 1: The last date for the submission of application is October 9, 2018.
- Round 2: The last date for the submission of application is January 7, 2019.
- Round 3: The last date for the submission of application is April 1, 2019.
- Round 4: The last date for the submission of application is May 1, 2019.
- Students with above-average academic achievements have great chances of being accepted into the MBA program at McDonough School of Business. For the academic year 2018, about 34% of the total applicants got to be enrolled in the MBA program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: What will happen if I don’t provide a GMAT/GRE score?
Ans: Applicants who do not provide GMAT/GRE score are not considered valid applicants and their applications are rejected.
Q 2: What are the TOEFL/IELTS requirements?
Ans: For both the TOEFL and IELTS, it is required that the test score may not be more than 2 years before the date of submission. The minimum score required for the TOEFL is 100 and the minimum score required for IELTS is 7.5.
Q 3: Is there an alternative if I don’t want to take the IELTS or TOEFL?
Ans: Yes, you can take the PTE. The minimum score required for the PTE is 68.
Q 4: What is the average GPA of successful applicants?
Ans: The average GPA of successful applicants for the MBA class is 3.34.
- McDonough School of Business
- Rafik B. Hariri Building
- 3700 O St NW
- Washington DC 20057
- Phone: (202) 687-3883
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Articles You Might Like
- Mays Business School MBA
- Mason School of Business MBA
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management MBA
- Marshall School of Business MBA
- Lundy-Fetterman School of Business MBA