Stetson School Mercer University Online MBA Cost, Ranking, Requirements and More
|Mercer University Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Marketing, Finance, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||The average GMAT score is 528|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||550 for the paper-based test and 80 for the internet-based test|
|Work ex required||Not required|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Student Testimonials
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The Eugene W. Stetson School of Business and Economics at Mercer University has had a consistent record of showing results through its programs.
Almost all students are employed at the time of enrollment Students who fully complete the online MBA program have the possibility to go on working as business professionals in different positions such as market researcher, financial analyst, healthcare administrator, supply chain analyst, customer engagement manager, account manager, business representative or associate brand and product management associate.
The program is tailored to working professionals in the business sector and with its rich program of interactive technology that assists in facilitating a dynamic learning environment.
All classes are recorded and archived. This is done so that it does not interfere with the working careers of students.
It is accredited by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is the gold standard for business school accreditation.
List of Courses Offered
The complete course is 36 to 45 hours. There are 3 Foundation Courses, each being 3 hours. Students can choose to tailor their courses by choosing a specialized concentration in one of the following:
- General Business
- Human Resources
- Healthcare Management
The following list of courses is offered as part of the program:
- Micro and Macro Economics
- Accounting and Finance
- Applied Business Statistics Core Program
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Accounting
- Issues in Business Law and Corporate Responsibility
- Marketing Concepts and Practices
- Corporation Finance
- Operations Management Science
- Ethical Leadership
According to the university, if enrolled candidates complete the course at the recommended pace they can complete the MBA degree in as little as 18 months.
Since you can set your own pace for the program, the typical duration for new students to graduate is 1.5 years. The program’s target time is to graduate in 2 years.
- Academic background: Students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, while a major in business is not required.
- Work Experience: There is no business-related work requirement
- Language: TOEFL is required. The minimum TOEFL score required is 550 for the paper-based test and 80 for the internet-based test.
The tuition fee is set at $805per credit hour. The total cost of the program is $26,640 for both in-state and out-state, part-time and full-time students. Mercer University works to make its programs affordable. Students can take advantage of college-funded aid.
Apart from institutional aid, students can apply for federal, as well as private loan programs. The University’s Office of Student Financial Planning is equipped with up-to-date information on federal loan opportunities for graduate students.
In this program over 60% of the students were sponsored by their employers. The average indebtedness for students who borrowed is $20.000.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of newly enrolled students is 29 years with five years of working experience.
- The gender distribution is close to equal with 52.6% male and 47.4% female
GMAT Requirement and Scores
- GMAT or GRE are required for admission to the program.
- The average GMAT score is 528
- The average GRE score breakdown is: 152 verbal; 153 quantitative
- GMAT can be waived if the applicant holds a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent international graduate degree.
- Students can begin their application process by creating an account in the online service center
- There is also a $50 Non-refundable fee, which is $100 for international students. The fee can be paid in a form of a check or money order made payable to Mercer University.
- Students need to submit their GMAT and GRE Scores. These scores may be waived if the applicant holds a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent international graduate degree.
- Unofficial copies may be included in the application, but an official score will be required if the applicant is accepted. Official transcripts also need to be submitted from each college or university previously attended.
- International students are required to submit additional information. This includes the evaluation of foreign credentials. Official translations of documents are required if the documents submitted are in a language other than English.
- A TOEFL or IELTS score that is not older than two years is a requirement for international students. An exception to this is if the student has attended another U.S. institution and completed freshman English Composition I and II with a grade of “C” or higher.
Application to the program is on a rolling basis.
- Fall I: Final deadline is May 1st
- Fall II: Final deadline is October 1st
- Spring I: Final deadline is December 15th
- Spring II: Final deadline is March 1st
- Summer: Final deadline is May 1st
According to USNews.com, a total of 70 applicants applied and 40 were accepted to the program which gives the program an acceptance rate of 57%. For 2016-2017 there were a total of 11 graduates from the program.
Mercer University’s Eugene W. Stetson School of Business and Economics delivers career-focused business education in order to develop innovative leaders who are responsible for global citizens.
Accredited by the prestigious Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the school is widely recognized for its innovative academic programs and accomplished faculty.
Reviews and Ranking
Ranked No. 61 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2018.
My academic experience has provided me with an excellent foundation for career advancement. In a supervisory role, I am able to apply what I have learned and further refine my skills. When advancement opportunities arise, I am confident I’ll be prepared to take on further challenges. Natalie Perez, BBA ’16 and Online MBA ’18, Senior supervisor _ global Logistics, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans: GMAT can be waived if the applicant holds a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent international graduate degree.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans: There is no minimum GMAT score requirement, but the average score of entering students is 528, and over 50% of entrants provide their GMAT Scores.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans: With the recommended pace from the university the program can be completed in 18 months. This is dependent on the pace you set for the program. The average time for graduation is 1.5 years
Q 4: Are there any veteran benefits?
Ans: Yes, there are veteran benefits through the GI Bill
Q 5: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans: The program does not have any requirements for on-site presence.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- 1021 Georgia Avenue,
- Macon, Georgia 31201
Other Articles You Might Like
- University of Maryland Online MBA
- Purdue University Online MBA
- CU Seattle Online MBA
- AU South Carolina Online MBA
- SIU Online MBA
Image Credit: Johm Kan