Milgard School of Business MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- GMAT Requirements
- Class Profile
- How to Apply?
- Acceptance Rate
- Application Timeline
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Milgard School of Business MBA program offers students a chance to acquire the tools required for predicting the shape of the business community in the near future.
- The MBA program offered at Milgard School of Business is one of the most affordable MBA programs in the whole world.
- The MBA program teaches students the responsibilities and requirements for becoming a leading figure in the business market. This goal is achieved by helping students learn the way to analyze even the slightest of details.
- The teaching staff at Milgard School of Business is very skilled. Students are encouraged to participate in discussions and new ideas are welcomed by all teachers.
List of Courses Offered
The curriculum of the MBA program offered at Milgard School of Business is comprised of 64 credit hours which can be completed in under 2 years. These credit hours are divided into three main parts as 12 core courses, 2 electives, and 2 flexible core courses. Following are some of the courses offered at the MBA program of Milgard:
- Marketing Management
- T BUS 504 (4 credits)
- Individual and Team Dynamics
- T BUS 507 (4 credits)
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- T MGMT 512 (4 credits)
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- T BUS 503 (4 credits)
- Business Communication
- T MGMT 516 (4 credits)
- Quantitative Methods in Business
- T BUS 500 (4 credits)
- Microeconomics for Managers
- T BUS 520 (4 credits)
- Operations Management
- T BUS 530 (4 credits)
- Strategic Management
- T BUS 506 (4 credits)
- Integrated Systems
- T BUS 508 (4 credits)
- Managerial Accounting for Decision Making and Control
- T ACCT 513 (4 credits)
- Organization Change FLEX CORE COURSE
- T BUS 570 (4 credits)
- Financial Theory
- T BUS 501 (4 credits)
- Negotiations FLEX CORE COURSE
- T MGMT 557 (4 credits)
- The curriculum of the MBA program offered at Milgard School of Business is comprised of 64 credit hours which can be completed in under 2 years.
- The cost of tuition is different for Washington residents than the residents of other states. Residents of Washington have to pay $6,612 for 12 credit hours while non-residents have to pay $10,753 for 12 credit hours.
- Academic background: At Milgard School of Business all applicants must have an undergraduate degree (preferably with a GPA of 3.0 or higher) from an accredited university.
- Work Experience: Work experience is required in order to be enrolled in the MBA program. A minimum work resume with 2 years of professional or managerial work experience is required.
- Language: All international applicants must provide proof of proficiency in the English language. At Milgard, a score in either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is accepted. The minimum score required in the TOEFL is 80 and the minimum score required in the IELTS is 6.5.
- The University of Washington Tacoma, Milgard School of Business accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.
- Milgard School of Business was ranked #11 in the Master’s in Management by Times Higher Education
- Milgard School of Business was ranked #7 in the Most Innovative School in the U.S by U.S News and World Report
- Milgard School of Business was ranked #19 in the Internationalism of Alumni by The Economist
- Every applicant who wants to be enrolled in the MBA program at Milgard must submit a score in either the GMAT or GRE.
- The size of the MBA class at Milgard is very small as somewhere between 20-30 students are enrolled in the MBA program every year.
- The age of the average student is much older at Milgard as compared to other universities. As the average age of students of the MBA program is 34 years.
- The average GMAT score of the admitted applicants is 511.
- The students enrolled in the MBA program of the last academic year had an average GPA of 3.17.
- Students of the MBA program at Milgard School of Business have a lot of business experience as compared to most universities. The average work experience of students when they’re starting their MBA degree at Milgard is 11.5 years.
- Scholarships are being awarded to students every academic year at Milgard.
- Students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible for these scholarships.
Some of the scholarships being awarded at Milgard School of Business are stated below:
- Gary E. Milgard Tribute Scholarship
- Carol Berry Milgard Tribute Scholarship
- US Bank Scholarships
- Jeffrey S. Dean Endowed Milgard School of Business Scholarship
- Milgard Endowed Scholarships
- You can apply online by using this link.
- After opening the link given above, you have to fill in the required information boxes to register with Milgard.
- Once your account has been successfully created, then you can log in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, then all you have to do is to submit your application and follow the guidelines provided at this page.
- The deadline for the submission of application is June 1, 2019, for the autumn session.
- You are most likely to be one of the admitted applicants at the Milgard School of Business for the MBA program if you have an average requirement material. The acceptance rate of the Milgard School of Business is great at 62%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Do I need to take the GMAT?
Ans: Yes, it is a requirement at Milgard School of Business that all applicants must submit a score in the GMAT or GRE.
Q 2: (For International Applicants) What are the minimum score requirements for the TOEFL/IELTS?
Ans: The minimum score requirements for the TOEFL is a score of 80 and for the IELTS a score of 6.5
Q 3: What is the average GPA of the successful applicants at Milgard? Also, what are the minimum GPA requirements for scholarships?
Ans: The average GPA of enrolled students of the MBA program for the last academic year was 3.17. A minimum score of 3.0 (overall) in the GPA is required to apply for a scholarship.
- Milgard School of Business
- University of Washington Tacoma
- Campus Box 358420
- 1900 Commerce Street
- Tacoma WA 98402-3100
- Phone: 253-692-5630
- Email: [email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Michael G. Foster School of Business MBA
- Michael F. Price College of Business MBA
- Mendoza College of Business MBA
- McDonough School of Business MBA
- Mays Business School MBA