Missouri University of Science & Technology Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The Missouri S&T University online MBA is a part-time program targeted at working professionals and executives. With a strong emphasis on flexibility, the world-class faculty is known for making reasonable accommodations where required.
- This degree is accredited by AACSB – the gold standard of business school accreditation across the nation. With the latest technology at its very foundations, the program allows students to collaborate on comprehensive business cases and live simulations throughout the program.
- With only 36 credit hours to complete, you can earn your degree as early as two to three years. This program is a perfect fit for anyone with a family, a full-time job, and other responsibilities.
List of Courses Offered
The Missouri S&T Online MBA program is divided into two parts: core classes and electives. The core courses are worth 21 credit hours collectively. Following is a list of all seven (each is worth 3 credit hours):
- Teambuilding and Leadership (BUS 6121)
- International Marketing (BUS 6622)
- Corporate Information Systems Management (BUS 6723)
- Managerial Accounting and Control (BUS 6224)
- Supply Chain and Project Management (BUS 6425)
- Integration of Business Areas (BUS 6426)
- Managerial Finance (BUS 6827)
You also have to select five electives that are worth 15 credit hours combined. Your MBA Advisor will guide you in choosing these classes.
- With 36 credit hours worth of classes in total, you can complete the program from anywhere between 2 to 6 years. The average student graduated within 3 years of enrollment.
- Interestingly, 100% of the students graduated within the three-year mark.
- Tuition is the same for all students, regardless of the physical location of the candidate. At $1,200 per credit hour, you can complete the entire program for a total cost of $43,200; a sum much higher than other similar programs.
- However, relief is provided in the form of many college-funded aid options; ranging from grants to scholarships. International candidates also qualify for assistance.
- Around 37% of the students graduated indebted; a meager sum of $3,527 only. The percentage of candidates sponsored by their employers stood at 39%.
- Academic background: A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited or an internationally recognized institution with an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above is required.
- Work Experience: Candidates are expected to have work experience of at least two years.
- Language: Candidates whose native language is not English will need to take the TOEFL exam. A score of 600+ on the paper-based or 250+ on the computer-based test is necessary. However, you also have the option to take the IELTS instead. You will need to score 6.5 or more in the case of the former.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- International students accounted for 24% of the total student population.
- The average age of new entrants was 30 years.
- Men made up the majority at 56.6% whereas the remaining 43.4% of the students were female.
- The average undergraduate GPA was 3.0.
- The average GMAT score was 620 – a very competitive score.
- The alumni found employment at an average starting salary of $74,328 annually.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT is the standard form of entrance examination.
- Score reports older than 5 years are not accepted.
- A candidate must score 550 or above to be considered.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates holding an advanced degree or with extensive professional work experience.
You can initiate your application through the official website at http://futurestudents.mst.edu/admissions/.
Make sure you have all of the following:
- All transcripts
- Any qualifications
- An essay
- Your work resume and CV (if you have any work experience)
- 3 letters of recommendation along with the contact information for each individual
- A nonrefundable application fee; $55 for local and $75 for an international candidate
Once you have everything in place, head on to the above URL and select the options that best describe your application. Follow the instructions on the screen and make the payment when prompted.
If you did everything correctly up till this point, then your application is already sent to the related department. You will be notified once a decision has been made. Please note that there are no set deadlines for the decision.
Following three entry points are offered by the university:
- Spring Semester: Classes start on the 22nd of January.
- Summer Semester: Classes start on the 3rd of June.
- Fall Semester: Classes start on the 20th of August.
- According to U.S. News & World Report, 47 applications were submitted for the class of 2016-2017. Out of those, 43 candidates got accepted into the program. This works out to a very high acceptance rate of 91%.
- In today’s global business environment, management requires the ability to leverage information and think strategically across business functions.
- Missouri University of Science and Technology’s AACSB-accredited MBA program is unique in developing disciplined leaders focused on successful implementation and results.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 1 in Lowest MBA Average Debt at Graduation
- Ranked No. 2 in Best Online Big Data Programs
- Ranked No. 16 in overall Best Online Graduate Business Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Will I have to take TOEFL?
Ans: Candidates whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL test. You may still qualify for an exemption if your undergraduate coursework was taught in English.
Q 2: How long does the program take?
Ans: Depending on your pace of studies, you can complete the entire program within 3 to 6 years. A vast majority of the students graduate within 3 years of enrollment.
Q 3: Will I need to attend lectures at any specific time?
Ans: While active participation is encouraged, the program is recorded and archived for students to access at any time.
Q 4: Are there any international students enrolled in this program?
Ans: In the class of 2016-2017, international students accounted for as much as 24% of the entire student population.
Q 5: Are there any discounts for veterans?
Veterans and active military personnel alike qualify for discounted tuition fees. More information can be found on the official website.
- Director of admissions: Lynn Stichnote
- Admissions Phone: (573) 341-4075
- Admissions email: email@example.com
Other Articles You Might Like
- Central Michigan University Online MBA
- Creighton Heider college Online MBA
- SIU College of Business Online MBA
- UCCS College of Business Online MBA
- Drexel LeBow College Online MBA