Poole College NC State University Online MBA Requirements, Cost Curriculum and More
|NC State University Online MBA Ranking||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Financial Accounting for Decision Makers, Essential Economics for Managers, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||Official GMAT or GRE test score|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||Can be waived if you have a CGPA of 3.6 or higher|
|Work ex required||No|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- How to Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Admission Requirements
- Our Review and Opinion
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
North Carolina State University offers an AACSB International-accredited online MBA program that has been tailored to make a compelling investment in a professional’s future and career.
Classes are offered entirely online, with the option of in-person courses in Raleigh or Research Triangle Park (RTP) for students who prefer to have the best of both worlds.
The same faculty teaches online MBA students as on-site classes, and participants can choose to earn their degree anywhere between 21 months and six years.
Depending on your academic goals and schedule, you can begin the program in either the fall or spring semester.
Online courses are taught via video and online presentations, as well as podcasts. Also, students will work with virtual teams for group projects and discussions.
List of Courses Offered
North Carolina State University offers the following core, elective courses, and practicum courses:
- Financial Accounting for Decision Makers
- Essential Economics for Managers
- Managerial Accounting for Decision Makers
- Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 1
- Data-Driven Managerial Decisions 2
- Financial Management of Corporations
- Critical Thinking for Managers
- People Management
- Marketing Management and Strategy
- Principles of Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Creating Value in Organizations
- Special Topics in Business Administration
- Data Security and Privacy
- Ethics and Fraud Examination
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Investment Theory and Practice
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Taxes and Business Strategy
- Experience Innovation and Strategic Design
- International Finance
- Supply Management
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Planning and Control Systems
- Management of Technology and Innovation
- Project Management
- Business Process Design and Analysis
- Consumer Behavior
- Product and Brand Management
- Research Methods in Marketing
- Business Relationship Management
- Opportunity Evaluation and Value Creation
- Technology Entrepreneurship and Commercialization I
- Current Topics in BioSciences Management
- Legal Marketing Dynamics in Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology
- Enterprise Risk Management Practicum
- Equity Evaluation
- Supply Chain Management Practicum
- Product Design and Development
- Consumer Innovation Practicum
- Technology Evaluation and Strategy
- Special Topics in Business Management
Online MBA students as on-site classes and participants can choose to earn their degree anywhere between 21 months and six years.
NC State University tuition varies depending on whether you are a resident or non-resident student.
|NC State University Online MBA Cost||Details ($)|
|Cost per credit hour||$1123.88. Therefore, the estimated cost of completing 40 credits at the school is $44,955.20|
|Cost per credit hour||$1863.88. This gives $74,555.20 for 40 credits completed|
To apply for an online MBA at the NC State, you’ll need to complete the application form at https://grad.ncsu.edu/apply/. Also, you need to complete the section marked “MBA Supplemental Application.”
NC State University is accredited by AACSB International–The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Accreditation affirms the Poole College of Management’s positioning among the best business and management schools in the world.
To be eligible for admission to an online MBA at NCSU, an applicant has to meet the following criteria:
- Pay a non-refundable $75 application fee, if they are US citizens or permanent residents or pay $85 if they are non-residents and international applicants.
- Provide a personal statement
- Provide a current resume (shouldn’t exceed 2 pages).
- Upload essays to the MBA Supplemental Application section of the application.
- Provide official transcripts. Official transcripts can be uploaded to the online application portal. However, if you prefer that your school sends the official transcripts, they can email them to [email protected]
- Provide three recommendations. Candidates must provide three recommendations from either professional or academic recommenders. Of the three, online MBA applicants must provide at least one professional recommendation. Use the online recommendation template provided on the portal to submit the application.
- Provide GMAT or GRE scores. Applicants to the Jenkins online MBA program may qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver if they have an undergraduate CGPA of 3.6 or higher on a US degree from a school with a 4.0 scale. Also, individuals with ten or more years of full-time professional post-baccalaureate work experience, those who are US military service personnel, or applicants who have at least nine credit hours from an AACSB-accredited program with a CGPA of 3.4 or higher qualify for exemption from the GMAT/GRE requirement.
- Provide TOEFL or IELTS scores. Applicants to the Jenkins online MBA program may qualify for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver if they have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher on a US degree from an institution with a 4.0 scale. Similarly, individuals with ten or more years of full-time professional post-baccalaureate work experience, those who are US military service personnel, or applicants who have at least nine credit hours from an AACSB-accredited program with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher qualify for exemption from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
- Attend admissions interview (by invitation only).
Our Review and Opinion
In our opinion, the NC State online MBA program offers quality without compromise. Not to mention great flexibility. NC State provides students with some of the best, proven technologies to enable them to connect with their instructors, guest speakers, as well as fellow students.
NC State online MBA equips students with the skills and know-how required to achieve success in today’s business environment. Students can complete the program at a time and location convenient to them, within deadlines set by instructors.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- NC State University
- Poole College of Management
- 2801 Founders Drive
- Raleigh, NC 27607
Other Articles You Might Like
- Princeton University Scholarships
- University of Miami Online MBA
- West Texas AM University Online MBA
- Albertus Magnus Online MBA
- FAU Online MBA
Image Credit: Darpan