Old Dominion University Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Old Dominion University Online MBA is a program dedicated to giving an opportunity to students and working professionals to pursue a quality MBA program fully online.
- It is an accelerated program with an 8-week long course session that allows for enrolled students to graduate faster while still giving them the same level of knowledge and skills as the regular courses.
- The university’s MBA program has been accredited by AACSB since 1964 and it is one of the select group of universities to hold a dual AACSB accreditation for Business and Accounting.
- With the option to do it fully online or switch to on-campus students are able to plan their degree. Students have an opportunity to specialize through degree add-ons and certificates.
- With access to class material and coursework from anywhere and archived courses, students are able to set their own pace according to their schedule.
- Many graduates from the MBA program go on to pursue or advance careers in a wide range of fields like Logistics Manager, IT Manager, Entrepreneurship, Banking and Finance, and others.
List of Courses Offered
Students may enhance their degree with specialized add-ons from which the university offers the following:
- Modeling, Simulation, and Visualization of Maritime
- Ports and Logistics Management Public
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Business Analytics and Big Data
- Data from 2016-2017 shows that there were only two graduates from the online MBA program. 40 credits are needed to graduate which is why most often it takes students two years to graduate from the program. In some cases, it may take up to 6 years.
- The cost to enroll in the MBA online program is $523 for in-state and $1.320 for out of state per credit hour. Along with these, there are certain fees that might be required.
- The university offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans for qualified students. Students must submit the FAFSA form and it is highly recommended to submit GMAT scores for more funding opportunity. The university also offers reduced rates for veterans.
- Academic background: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Work Experience: No business work experience required
- Language: TOEFL scores are required. Minimum scores are: 550 on the Paper-based test and 79 on the Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- 100% of enrolled students are employed
- The average age for newly enrolled students is 33 years
- The gender distribution is composed of 55.7% males and 44.3% females
- Minority students and international students comprise more than 20% of enrolled students
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT or GRE is required
- The Average GMAT score is 549
- The Average GRE Score breakdown is as follows: 158 verbal; 155 quantitative; 4 analytical writing
- GMAT may be waivered in circumstances where students have a Terminal Degree (Hold a master’s degree or a terminal degree (e.g., MD or JD) from a regionally or professionally accredited university or a US graduate degree equivalent.) At least 5 years of a full-time professional, progressive work experience at the managerial level in the private or public sector, with demonstrated career advancement. A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.2 from a regionally accredited institution
- An application that is available online;
- One resume or CV
- Application Essay
- $50 Application Fee (waived for ODU alumni)
- Tuition Rate Determination Form (for in-state tuition purposes)
- Official GMAT / GRE scores (unless waivered by University)
- Official transcripts for undergraduate & graduate coursework
- Letter of recommendation
- Official TOEFL scores are required for international students only
- The application is on a rolling basis. The application must be submitted by November 1st
- From 79 applicants, 50 were accepted into the program with 34 new entrants. This gives the school an acceptance rate of 63%.
- ODU’s Master of Business Administration degree program has been accredited since 1964 by the AACSB, the premier business college accrediting body. ODU is one of fewer than 200 schools with dual Business and Accounting accreditation from AACSB.
Reviews and Ranking
- #68 Best Online MBA Programs, 2018 – U.S. News & World Report
- #27 Top Online MBA Programs, 2018 – CollegeAffordabilityGuide.org
- #36 (tie) Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans, 2018 – U.S. News & World Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Will my credits transfer to ODU?
Ans: The university offers a free unofficial transfer evaluation before you apply, coaches will work with you to make sure you can transfer as many credits as possible to help you finish your degree. The university has partnerships with other institutions that transfer credit.
Q 2: Can I register and start classes at any time?
Ans: No, ODU has specific course registration periods. Most courses follow ODU’s regular semester schedule, but some programs have courses on an accelerated schedule.
You also need to be accepted to ODU in order to register for classes. For some graduate certificates, you can apply as a non-degree seeking student.
Q 3: Will my courses are self-paced, or will I have to be online for classes on a specific day and time?
Ans: It depends. Some courses are live and others are asynchronous. Most courses follow ODU’s regular semester schedule, but some programs have courses on an accelerated schedule (for example, courses in the online MBA are eight weeks long). Our faculty work with instructional designers at the main campus to develop courses in the best format for the subject matter.
Q 4: How much do online courses cost for students outside Virginia?
Ans: Out-of-state tuition for online courses is only a few dollars more than in-state tuition.
Q 5: Will my diploma say “online”?
Ans: No. The online programs are taught by on-campus faculty which means that the quality of the courses and the materials will be the same as the those of on-campus students.
- Old Dominion University
- Office of Distance Learning
- Gornto Hall #401
- Norfolk, VA 23529
- Fax: 757-683-3176
- Shanna Wood
- (757) 683-3585
Other Articles You Might Like
- Samford University Online MBA
- Tennessee Tech University Online MBA
- University of Michigan Dearborn Online MBA
- Cleveland State University Online MBA
- Arkansas State University Online MBA