University of Mississippi Ole Miss Online MBA Cost, Ranking, Curriculum and More
|University of Mississippi Ole Miss Online MBA||Details|
|Course offered||Online MBA|
|Stream/Concentrations||Leadership and Ethics, Managerial Economics, etc.|
|Entrance exam/GMAT Score||All candidates must score 550+ points on GMAT|
|TOEFL/IELTS Scores||At least 600 on TOEFL or an equivalent score of 99-100 on the IBT|
|Work ex required||At least 2 years of work experience|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Offered
- Admission Requirements
- Cost Structure
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Online MBA – Free Guidance Available
The program is composed of a comprehensive MBA curriculum taught by some of the biggest names in the industry. The faculty has been known to put emphasis on equipping students with the tools necessary to compete in today’s high-demand workplaces.
With all coursework delivered in a 100% online format, this is the perfect opportunity to earn your MBA online from a world-renowned university.
List of Courses Offered
A candidate needs to complete 12 courses in total to complete the degree. These include:
- Leadership and Ethics (MBA 601)
- Managerial Economics (MBA 614)
- Financial Analysis (MBA 611)
- Managerial Accounting (MBA 617)
- Organizational Behavior (MBA 606)
- Business Planning and Entrepreneurship (MBA 622)
- Supply Chain Management (MBA 612)
- Strategic Marketing Management (MBA 623)
- Project Analysis (MBA 624)
- Strategic Management (MBA 631)
- Management of Technology and Innovation (MBA 613)
- Statistics (MBA 621)
The Ole Miss Online MBA program is composed of 36 credit hours in total. The program can be completed as early as 2 years. With a flexible schedule in place, you can complete your degree in as many as 6 years.
- Academic background: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Work Experience: Candidates need to have at least 2 years of work experience to qualify for the online program.
- Prerequisite Coursework: All potential students are required to complete two undergraduate courses: Principles of Accounting (UM ACCY 201) and Business Finance (UM FIN 331) or their equivalencies.
- Language: International students are required to score at least 600 on TOEFL or an equivalent score of 99-100 on the IBT.
The tuition fee for all Ole Miss Online MBA students is $894 per credit hour. There is also an option of $2,683.50 per 3-hour course. The average cost of $32,184 for the whole duration of the course makes this one of the best affordable online MBA programs. This estimate is excluding the undisclosed per credit hour technology fee in addition to tuition.
Sadly, there are no scholarships, fellowships, or assistantships available for the online program. However, many types of student loans can be acquired through the Office of Financial Aid.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The student body has a gender distribution of 66% male and 34% female.
- A graduate of this program goes on to earn an average salary of $58,647 annually. This is very impressive especially combined with the 55% employment rate for full-time graduates.
- All candidates are required to submit an official GMAT score regardless of any work experience, graduate degree, or professional degree.
- The GMAT score must not be any older than 5 years old.
- Any test scores are handled by the Graduate School directly.
- All candidates must score 550+ points on GMAT.
- Candidates can apply for the Ole Miss Online MBA program online at http://www.outreach.olemiss.edu/mba/to_apply.html
- You will be required to fill out the University of Mississippi’s Application for Graduate Admission form. You will be provided with all the instructions to submit all the necessary documents and materials. An application of $50 is also applied.
Following are the three entry points offered by the University of Mississippi:
- Summer Admission: The deadline is the 1st of April with classes starting in May.
- Fall Admission: The deadline is the 1st of July with classes starting in late August.
- Spring Admission: The deadline is the 1st of November with classes starting in mid-January.
According to USNews.com, 76 out of 236 full-time applicants got accepted into this program. This works out to an acceptance rate of approximately 32%. Around 70% of the accepted candidates went on to enroll at the school.
Online MBA programs at the University of Mississippi are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation.
Reviews and Ranking
- DiscoverBusiness.us ranked the program at number 15 for Best Value Online MBA Degrees in 2018.
- The U.S and World Report ranked the program at number 21 in 2017.
- CollegeChoice.net ranked the program at number 1 in 2016.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Are there any specific requirements for international students?
Ans: International students are highly recommended to submit their applications at least 6 months before the deadline. This will give the faculty enough time to review any foreign credentials. International candidates are also required to submit an official TOEFL score of at least 600.
Q 2: Are there any entrance exams?
Ans: All candidates are required to pass the GMAT (or GRE) exam for a successful application. This requirement applies to all candidates regardless of any work experience or prior degrees earned.
Q 3: Is the Ole Miss Online MBA program accredited?
Ans: Yes! Ole Miss Business School is accredited by AACSB.
Q 4: What is the duration of this program?
Ans: Due to the flexible schedule of studies, this program can be completed within 2 to 6 years.
Q 5: Where can I find more information on this program?
Ans: You could always visit the official website of Ole Miss at http://www.olemiss.edu.
Q 6: Are there any prerequisites for this program?
Ans: Candidates will not be allowed to enroll until they pass The Intro to Accounting and Business Finance prerequisites with at least a C grade. The University of Mississippi will first verify the final official transcripts.
Q 7: Can I apply for an assistantship for the online program?
Ans: The assistantship is only available for candidates who applied for the on-campus MBA program. However, there are multiple student loan options for such candidates.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- Ashley McGee
- Director of MBA Programs
- 320 Holman Hall
- The University of Mississippi
- P.O. Box 1848
- University MS 38677
Other Articles You Might Like
- Ivy League Online MBA
- Babson College Online MBA
- CSU College Online MBA
- Baylor University Online MBA
- Tepper School Online MBA
Image Credit: Dollar Gill