Princeton University is one of the prestigious members of the nine colonial Universities located in the United States. It is the fourth oldest institution in the world and is famous worldwide for its magnificent campus, rich history of notable alumni (including 43 Nobel laureates and 209 Rhodes Scholars), and unique schools of teaching.
Like the other Ivy League Universities, Princeton also offers need based financial aid, and no scholarships based on merit. Their financial aid packages meet the needs of both U.S. and international students alike using a combined range of scholarships and awards from donors and sponsors alike.
Princeton proudly meets 100% of the financial needs of every single student accepted in their degree program.
Aside from their need-based scholarships, there are a range of external scholarships which judge on merit and can help reduce the cost of a graduate education even more. Some of the more popular ones are outlined in the article below:
BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship:
- For any full time studying undergraduate or graduate student, enthusiastic about jazz
- The award is valued at up to $5000
- Eligible candidates should be between 17 to 24 years of age and a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
The BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship is sponsored by the BMI Foundation. In order to apply, students should send three of their recent jazz recordings (in either MP3 or MP4 format), of which one piece must be completely original. Selection is done on the basis of their future potential as a jazz player and composer.
Donaldson D. Frizzell Scholarship:
- Only available for U.S. citizens who wish to pursue an undergraduate or graduate full-time degree in any accredited U.S. institution.
- The scholarship award is valued between $1000 to $10,000
- Eligible candidates have to be 17 years old and submit recommendation letters as well as an additional essay.
This generous scholarship is funded by the First Command Educational Foundation and can be used in any field of study. In order to apply the free smartphone app Basic$4ALL should be downloaded and completed, and the certificate of completion submitted with the application.
AfterCollege Succurro Scholarship:
- For full-time students in any field and any undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited U.S. institution
- Award amount is $500
- The student should have a minimum 2.5 GPA
The AfterCollege scholarship is sponsored by AfterCollege. Winners are notified 30 days after the deadline and evaluation is done based upon their AfterCollege profiles. A total of 4 scholarships are awarded.
123Writings Scholarship Writing Contest:
- For full-time students and U.S. citizens or permanent residents studying in any field and any undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited U.S. institution
- The award amount is between $1500 to $2500.
- In total 3 scholarships are awarded annually
In order to apply, candidates should at first like the 123Writings Facebook page or follow them on Twitter. They should then share the post about the writing contest and then select a topic from the list given on the official website.
Completed essays need to be sent to [email protected]
$1k Financial Future Scholarship:
- Available for both permanent residents and citizens of the U.S. who are pursuing undergraduate or graduate study as either full or part time
- The amount is $1000
- Eligible for only 18 years old.
As well as submitting an application, the student should submit an essay between 500 to 1500 words answering one of the following topics: “how are you managing your money in college to prepare for a bright financial future; what financial challenges have you overcome in your life; what lesson(s) did they teach you; what are the most common financial pitfalls you see your peers making, and what advice do you have for them” The scholarship is sponsored by InvestmentZen.
AlgaeCal Health Scholarship:
- For students currently studying in a post-secondary institution in the United States or Canada, and studying full time in any graduate or undergraduate degree.
- The amount of the scholarship is $1000.
- Eligible applicants can be between 18 to a hundred years of age.
As well as filling out an application, prospective applicants need to write an essay (750 words) upon the topic “If you could, what, if any, changes to programs, policies, and education etc, would you implement for the general health/wellbeing of the average modern person?”
The essay needs to be emailed to [email protected] A total of 50 people can apply, but only one will be awarded with the scholarship.
First Tech Federal Credit Union Scholarship Program:
- Applicable for students pursuing a full time graduate or undergraduate degree in any field in a U.S. based institution
- Maximum value of the award is $5000.
- Candidate has to be a member of First Tech Federal Credit Union, with a minimum GPA of 3.5 to apply and enrolled full time in trade school, college, or graduate program during the Fall.
Sponsored by First Tech Federal Credit Union, a maximum of 101 applicants can apply for the First Tech award; however, only ten talented people shall be selected.
Be More Scholarship:
- Only applicable for current high school seniors, between 13 to 24 years old, who wish to pursue undergraduate or graduate study at any accredited institution in the United States.
- A maximum of $2500 shall be granted to an individual
- Eligibility requirements include a 3.0 GPA and also residing or attending a school in Texas.
A 500-word essay must be submitted along with the application; the essay prompt can be found in the sponsor, Bounce Energy’s website. A total of 3 awards will be granted.
There are so many scholarships out there designed to help you finance your education; combined with Princeton’s need based awards, pursuing a graduate degree as a citizen of the U.S. has never been easier.