[Latest] Questrom School of Business MBA – Cost, Scholarship, Requirements

Questrom School of Business MBA
Credit: Muhammad Haikal Sjukri

Questrom School of Business MBA

Introduction

  • The Questrom School of Business MBA program turns students into leaders. The main goal at Questrom School of Business is to make the students think different than the usual business researchers. They don’t want you to be just up to date with the business world but to always be a step ahead of your competitors.
  • The emphasis at Questrom isn’t to challenge students but make them challenge themselves every day.
  • Highly complicated problems that will redefine the way you think are solved by students at Questrom. This helps the students tackle the complex problems of the business market.
  • The competition at Questrom is rising by year. So, the admission staff at Questrom is now looking at the whole package a student offers. Leadership skills and skills of cooperating with your team are 2 fundamentals requirements at Questrom.

List of Courses Offered

The entire MBA program offered at Questrom School of Management comprises of a total of 64 credit hours. The entire curriculum amongst the following:

Launch (3 credit hours):

  • Ethical Leadership in a Global Economy (QSTMG790)

Core Module 1 (9 credit hours):

  • Financial Reporting and Analysis (QSTAC710)
  • Organizations, Markets, and Society (QSTPL727)
  • Business Analytics: Data Analysis and Risk (QSTQM716)

Core Module 2 (9 credit hours):

  • Finance 1 (QSTFE721)
  • Creating Value Through Operations and Technology (QSTOM725)
  • Marketing Management (QSTMK723)

January Intensive (2 credit hours)

  • Introduction to Business Law (QSTPL700)

Core Module 3 (9 credit hours):

  • Competition, Innovation, and Strategy (QSTSI750)
  • IT Strategies for a Networked Economy (QSTIS710)
  • Leading Organizations and People (QSTOB713)

The course mentioned above was the main course for the first academic year at Questrom. For your second academic year, you will mostly get to choose from a wide range of electives which will cover the rest of your credit hours.

Duration

  • Students can complete an MBA program at Questrom School of Business in 2 years.

Cost Structure

  • The cost of tuition is the same for both local and international students. All students must pay $53,994 per academic year for tuition.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Academic background: All applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in any discipline with a GPA of 2.8 or more from an accredited university.
  • Work Experience: Work experience is not a requirement at Questrom School of Management.
  • GMAT: All applicants are required to submit a score in either the GMAT or the GRE.
  • Language: All international applicants are required to submit a test score in TOEFL, IELTS or PTE. International applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree from an English speaking university can waive the language test score.

Accreditation

  • The Boston University, Questrom School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) International, the accreditation agency for Schools of Business worldwide.

Rankings

  • Questrom School of Business was ranked#16 for MBA (U.S) by QS Global MBA Rankings for the academic year 2019
  • Questrom School of Business was ranked#42 for MBA (U.S) by US News & World Report for the academic year 2019
  • Questrom School of Business was ranked#51 for MBA (U.S) by The Economist for the academic year 2017
  • Questrom School of Business was ranked#82 for MBA (U.S) by U.S. Financial Times for the academic year 2017

GMAT Requirements

  • GMAT or GRE scores must be provided by all applicants. There is no minimum GMAT score, however, the average GMAT score of students enrolled in the MBA program is 681 and the average combined GRE score is 313.

Class Profile

  • 61% of students have in-state residence while the remaining 39% are international students.
  • The average GMAT score is 681 and the combined average GRE score is 313.
  • Average GPA is 3.30.
  • The average age of students is 27 years.
  • The average student has a professional work experience of about 5 years.
  • 56% of students are male and the remaining 44% of students are female.

Scholarships

  • Private loans are being provided to students at the Questrom School of Business.
  • Scholarships are being awarded to students with high academic results and on the basis of their financial status.
  • Some scholarships offered at the Questrom School of Business are; Social Impact Scholarship, City Year Scholarship, Education Pioneer Scholarship Prospanica Scholarship Peter (Questrom G’85) And Mary Diotte Scholarship Funded Scholarship for Mexican Nationals, MBA+ MSDI Summer Scholarship, and Dean’s Scholarship.

Application Procedure

  • You can apply to the Questrom School of Business online by using this link.
  • After clicking the link given above, click on “Create an account”.
  • Then create your account.
  • Now, log in to your account.
  • Submit all the required material and then submit your application.
  • After your application is submitted, you will be contacted via email about updates regarding your submitted application.

Application Timeline

Application deadlines are mentioned below:

  • For Round 1: Deadline is October 17, 2018.
  • For Round 2: Deadline is January 2, 2019.
  • For Round 3: Deadline is March 18, 2019

Acceptance Rate

  • Acceptance rate is moderate at 37%. Competition at Questrom School of Business is increasing every year and for this academic year, it will most likely be even harder to get accepted.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Are all applicants at Questrom required to submit a GMAT score?

Ans: Yes, all applicants at the Questrom School of Business are required to submit a score in either the GMAT or GRE.

Q 2: Are there any additional requirements for international applicants?

Ans: Yes, international applicants are required to submit a score of an English language test. The Questrom School of Business accepts a score in either the TOEFL or the IELTS.

Q 3: What is the average GPA of students?

Ans: The average GPA of students at the Questrom School of Business is 3.30

Q 4: What is the average GMAT score of students?

Ans: The average GMAT score of students at the Questrom School of Business is 681.

Q 5: What is the average work experience of students?

Ans: The average work experience of students at the Questrom School of Business is 5 years.

Contact Information

  • Boston University 
  • Questrom School of Business
  • Rafik B. Hariri Building
  • 595 Commonwealth Avenue
  • Boston, MA 02215
  • Phone: (617) 353-2670
  • Executive MBA: execmba@bu.edu
  • Full-Time & Part-Time MBA: mba@bu.edu

Other Articles You Might Like

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Over 48,805+ Followers

Get fresh content from MBAGLUE

Online MBA

Free Guide Available!

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments