Quinnipiac University School of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The success of Quinnipiac University School of Business and its online programs comes from the fact that the university teaches its students a very valuable skill in today’s ever-changing business world and that is the art of decision making.
- The online learning programs help even full-time professionals to gain and advance their skills.
- The university is highly regarded for its programs and it is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which only 5% of business schools receive.
- The Online MBA program is customizable so it is able to work for both new graduates and full-time professionals. The fact that all the classes are archived for later access means that the student can set their own pace for learning.
- The learning is facilitated by a dedicated faculty of scholars and practitioners in relevant fields.
- Applications to the program are on a rolling base for both U.S residents and
List of Courses Offered
To graduate a student must earn 46 credits. The core curriculum of the university
focuses on teaching the student’s decision-making skills in order to aid them in future ambitions. There are a number of required core courses which include:
- Foundations for Decision Making
- Managing the Decision Making Process
- Financial and Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership for Decision Makers
- Decision Making for Business Operations
- Financial Decision Making
- Marketing Decision Making
- Decision Making in a Global Economy
- Decision-Making Capstone
Besides the core courses there are MBA electives available in:
- Computer information systems
- Health Care management
- International Business
- The customization of the program allows the student to set their own pace. The most frequent duration for graduating is 3 years, while the program target time for graduating in 4 years.
- Tuition for the Online MBA program is $935 per credit hour. Considering that the program requires 46 credits to graduate the cost adds up to $43,010. The same tuition applies to the subsequent tracks offered by the university.
- To ensure that qualified students receive the proper education, the financial aid office of the university offers an option with which they can make it more affordable.
- This includes federal and private loans, university payment plans, corporate and organizational partnerships and more. Since the university is military and corporate-friendly. There is an option for a tuition rate deduction for military and corporate partners.
- Academic background: Relevant background in business required only for GMAT waiver.
- Work Experience: No business-related work required
- Language: The TOEFL or IELTS test is required for admission of international applicants. The required minimum TOEFL Internet-based score of 90 is for admission (or 233 for computer-based, or 575 for paper-based). The minimum IELTS score requirement is 6.5. The scores from both tests must not be older than two years.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The average age of enrolling students is 33 years.
- 52% of enrolled students are male, while 48% are female.
- 82% of students have prior work experience.
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT and GRE Scores are required for admissions unless waived from the
- The average GMAT Score is 535
- The average GRE score breakdown is: 158 verbal; 153 quantitative; 3.2
- GMAT and GRE may be waived by submitting a waiver request to the university along with other required documentation for eligibility.
- All prospective students must apply through the online program application.
- In addition, students submit official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Three professional or academic letters of recommendation, including one from a professional contact
- One current resume
- One personal statement/letter of intent
- GMAT or GRE scores unless a waiver is approved by the school.
- International applicants, in addition to the previous requirements, must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS Score
- Applications are on a rolling base.
- From the 158 applicants, 100 were accepted, this means that the program has an acceptance rate of 63%. From 2016-2017 there were around 110 students that graduated.
- The Quinnipiac School of Business is accredited by AACSB International — the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, putting it in the top 5% of business schools worldwide.
- The undergraduate accounting program also holds the distinction of AACSB accounting accreditation, putting it in select company. In fact, this is one of only a few programs in the region with AACSB Accounting Accreditation, and one of two in the state of Connecticut alone.
Reviews and Ranking
- USNews ranked Quinnipiac University’s online program at #35 for best online
- The Princeton Review in its annual guidebook “The Best 295 Business Schools”
ranked the university as outstanding.
- The university is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which only 5% of business schools receive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How do I contact Quinnipiac University Online admissions?
Ans: Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-403-4277
Q 2: What does it mean to take a course online?
Ans: All online courses and submission of work and assignments are via the
university’s web-based management system known as Blackboard. Students
engage in discussion and communicate with faculty through email and the
internet. The course presentations and materials are media rich to reinforce
important concepts and facilitated the learning process.
Q 3: What is an online course like?
Ans: With access to Blackboard through the student account, students are able to
purchase online textbooks from the university, as well as download reading
materials, presentations, assignments, and other courses related to the material.
Q 4: What technology equipment do I need?
Ans: Students will need a computer with stable access to the internet as well as
updated browsers, an email account provided by the university, Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint. Some courses also require a microphone and webcam
Q 5: How do I access my online course?
Ans: All you need is access to a computer and an Internet browser.
Q 6: What courses and programs does Quinnipiac University Online offer?
Ans: Quinnipiac University Online offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral level
and certificate programs.
Q 7: Is Quinnipiac University Online accredited?
Ans: Yes. Quinnipiac University is accredited by the New England Association of
Schools and Colleges; The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of
Business (School of Business);
Q 8: Can I take classes completely online?
Ans: Programs can be completed fully online, while others require on-campus
Q 9: Will I have access to an instructor?
Ans: There is an instructor that will keep in touch with students via email and
Q 10: Can I do online work when I want to, or do I have to “meet” online at certain
Ans: As long as the student pays close attention to the course syllabus they can
organize their study time however their schedule allows it.
- Quinnipiac University
- 275 Mount Carmel Avenue, OF-QUO
- Hamden, CT 06518
- Quinnipiac University Online Admissions
- Phone: 877-403-4277
- Fax: 203-582-3352
- E-mail: email@example.com
Other Articles You Might Like
- Rutgers University Camden Online MBA
- University of Cincinnati Online MBA
- KU School of Business Online MBA
- Old Dominion University Online MBA
- Samford University Online MBA